Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server for FileHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server for FileHost

I am looking for server with 5tb usable RAID 10 , 1gbps or 10gbps unmetered.

Cpu and ram should be well enough so that it can handle high I/o.

What the price i can expect for this config.

Comments

• serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2013
    >=$400
  • RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Yeah you'd probably be looking at going dedicated if you're even considering 10gbit unmetered...

• So wjere can i get a best server around the budget of 400$ or 500$ which allows filehost?

If you need unmetered 1gbit, you could be looking at $1k+ just for the network.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

• @shovenose said:
    Hello,
    Will all files be legal? Will DMCA stuff be taken care of promptly? Because I'm fairly certain we could provide you a server within your budget that has 10TB of bandwidth at 100Mbps, and 4x2TB disks which under RAID5 should (I say should because I need to double check my math) give you about 5.4TB of usable space.
    You can just PM me if you would like to get the quote, or contact the email address in my forum signature.

1gbps or 10gbps unmetered.

@shovenose said:
    Hello,
    Will all files be legal? Will DMCA stuff be taken care of promptly? Because I'm fairly certain we could provide you a server within your budget that has 10TB of bandwidth at 100Mbps, and 4x2TB disks which under RAID5 should (I say should because I need to double check my math) give you about 5.4TB of usable space.
    You can just PM me if you would like to get the quote, or contact the email address in my forum signature.

He was looking for 1-10gbit, 100mbps will probably not cut it in this situation.

Whoops, I read the post but didn't notice that... Sorry!

@Jack made an honest mistake :( Gonna delete my post.

• How about CEUSeverS?

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited June 2013

$800 for 10gbps unmetered with 5TB HDD

• @FrapHost, what DC?

• support123support123 Member
    edited June 2013

Dedicated unmetered 10 gbps will cost you no less than 2-3 k/mo,maybe even more depending on providers

• @FrapHost said:
    $800 for 10gbps unmetered with 5TB

where can i get this?

• @imgmoney said:
    where can i get this?

I believe FDC

@FrapHost said:
    $800 for 10gbps unmetered with 5TB

That doesn't make sense "10gbps unmetered with 5TB"

Regardless, I can do 10gbit for $500 with 100TB BW.

• I can see what I can do if you throw me an email to [email protected]

@Jack said:
    Avante gives some decent deals to you doesn't he.

Chris and I have a good business relationship, so I'm able to set you up with deals that you wouldn't normally find.

• @RobertClarke said:
    Regardless, I can do 10gbit for $500 with 100TB BW.

It's disk space.

Can also do $1,000 for dedicated 1gbit unmetered.

• Are you sure One Big Server with One Big Connection is your best option here?

• No , i am looking to spread the files with different server.

So I belive 1gbps unmeterd enough but i need best io so i am going with raid 10 and 5tb usable.

• @RobertClarke with 5TB HDD since he said he needed it.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

^^ plus pay $50 extra... :p

• It's FDC. Expected. If you don't need premium bandwidth it can easily be done.

I've heard that you'll never get actual 10gbit out of FDC, but good things coming from them in the 2-5gbit range.

• @RobertClarke said:
    I've heard that you'll never get actual 10gbit out of FDC, but good things coming from them in the 2-5gbit range.

That's about right. It's also single home Zayo (Above), Cogent or something like that. A few locations aren't.

• 3gbps to 5bgps per server for me is more than enough as i am going to have only 5tb to 8tb of datas.