Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Password's gone bad - recommendations? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1Password's gone bad - recommendations?

12346»

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:
    Now I feel disturbed and want a safespace plus calming tea and cuddly dogs - or else I will turn into a lesbian transsexual that feels discriminated against. Yes that is a threat and yes, you'd better be frightened.

I have just made some nice Masala Chai, and have an incredibly fluffy, if not spoiled cuddlemonster. As hairy as you claim to be, she may nip you, though- she doesn't like having to share attention with other dogs.

You're too furry to be a lesbian.. you'll forever be a beard. :D

• @jarland said:
    Btw, I recently did stop using autofill on passwords and browser extensions for passwords. It's really not so bad considering I don't tend to log out of websites constantly. I think everyone should give it a try before assuming it's the most annoying thing in the world. For someone it surely is. There will always be some things where convenience outweighs security. Like reddit, who cares if that password gets out.

I use Self-Destructing Cookies plugin, so everytime a close a tab, all cookies (and logons) are deleted. I log in to sites a lot, so going without auto-fill in a browser would kill me :/

Thanked by 2jar vimalware
  • WSSWSS Member

@bohdans said:
    I use Self-Destructing Cookies plugin, so everytime a close a tab, all cookies (and logons) are deleted. I log in to sites a lot, so going without auto-fill in a browser would kill me :/

Now imagine that plugin doing similar but on a per-parsed-by-basic-regex domain basis and autofilling for you. That's why what LP fucked up is so dangerous.

• @bohdans said:

I love SDC too.

But I just use a separate FF profile wihtout it for all my provider cpanels. (guilty auto-fill user here )
    I close this profile whenever I leave the desk for more than 15 mins.
    The important panels DNS/dedi/etc have 2factor enabled.

SDC + umatrix +noscript JS-globalAllow is a nice combo for your daily driver FF profile.
    Train uMatrix to reject the junk that's Everywhere on today's internet.

• @jgillich said:

bsdguy said: I btw. honestly believe that at least some major browsers would would really honestly like to make their crap reasonably secure - but to do that one would need to start all over fresh (which quite probably nobody will do).

Actually, Mozilla is doing exactly that with the Servo project, a browser engine written in Rust, a language created to prevent lots of common (exploitable) errors programmers make with C and C++. Even today, Firefox already includes some Servo components.

a) great to hear. Honestly.
    b) Too late. mozilla has lost any trust I might have had a long time ago.

Maybe I'm strange but I tend to not trust ugly men who stabbed me with a sawtooth knive multiple times and suddenly tell me that they want to be my friends.

But again: Great move, if a late one.

(And no, I wont bash Rust. I personally do neither like it nor take it seriously but I see and respect that they seriously want to do the right thing (TM) and that they even really contribute to safer software).