Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS new datacenter in Netherlands
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS new datacenter in Netherlands

johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
edited March 2017 in General

Hello, sound like they want to enlarge their presence in Europe. Today email is Clear. New Datacenter but same plans i've seen on LowEndBox.Com. Still valid the classic VPS15OFF (not affiliated ofc) for Regular OpenVZ (i dont know if it works for this plans).

$16/year
768MB RAM
768MB vSwap
1 vCPU Core (Fair Share)
20GB Disk Space
2TB Bandwidth

https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=201

$35/year
2GB RAM
2GB vSwap
4 vCPU Cores (Fair Share)
75GB Disk Space
2TB Bandwidth

https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=142

$65/year
6GB RAM
6GB vSwap
4 vCPU Cores (Fair Share)
150GB Disk Space
5TB Bandwidth
https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=202

Thanked by 2deadbeef AlexanderM

Comments

• The email says "Special Amsterdam Offers!" yet its just regular pricing you can get in any of their locations at any time. If there was actually some discount on these plans I might have purchased.

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited March 2017

JoeMerit said: yet its just regular pricing you can get in any of their locations at any time

Lets try to be more accurate.
    Its just regular pricing of plans posted previously on LowEndBox. The only difference is the location of the datacenter.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Huh. It's an actual location in Amsterdam!

Most providers seem to just use "Amsterdam" as a generic descriptor for "somewhere in the Netherlands"...

Thanked by 2Stradale vimalware
  • Do you have any relationship with hostus? It is really odd that, as a simple member, you created an offer thread - this is much more than bringing news over the table...

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited March 2017

@jvnadr OFC no relationship at all. If you wanna some proof i can do that in msg (nothing to hide). They dont pay me and i dont have interested to receive cookies for sponsorship from anyone. I was thinking, simply, that news was of general interest since i read sometimes offer about Kimsufi and Hetzner.
    For maximum transparency i can tell you that i have 3 VPS from them (otherwise I did not know absolutely about that news) but i repeat they dont pay me, and i dont have interest at all in the "sponsorship world" or spamming the net about sponsorship offers.

PS - If i didnt followed correctly some rules please tell me so i can edit the original msg. Thanks

• @johnnymatt No need for proof, just it is odd this kind of formatting for just a news post... I do also have vm's with hostus and I am perfectly happy.

• @jvnadr said: it is odd this kind of formatting for just a news post

It is a thing stronger than me.. :) Coding right now PHP and i hate code unformatted :) I'm a pathological perfectionist lool

Thanked by 1Four20
  • YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

@johnnymatt said:
    Coding right now PHP

This should never ever be said in one sentence with

@johnnymatt said:
    I'm a pathological perfectionist lool

Thanked by 2johnnymatt jenkki
  • johnnymatt said: Lets try to be more accurate. Its just regular pricing of plans posted previously on LowEndBox.

Right, so "Special Amsterdam Offers!" is bullshit.

• You guys do realize that this was an email to clients and not an offer on let, right?

The special offer is a special offer indeed, compared to the pricing on the website. Just because they've posted discounted packages around here, doesn't mean they aren't discounted offers.

• Sounds like new datacenter on Jamaica or Malibu :P

• thanks for the info, purchased one :)

Thanked by 1AlexanderM