Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for Web Designers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question for Web Designers

What tools would you like to see that would help you design sites faster or be a service you would like to see provided for you?

Comments

• I'm honestly comfortable with my setup at the moment - I can't think of anything. I'm currently using photoshop for design, foundation framework + text editor for coding.

• Same thoughts with @redream. There already is a bunch of frameworks, gridsystems and other tools that help.

• @bcrlsn there are a lot of tools out there But one thing in particular that I would like to see done more...cleanly.

Opera for a while was working towards a Stylesheet exporter for their browser inspector and was followed very closely by the Chrome team before Opera decided to bail on their prior engine and opt for Webkit although Dragonfly was and still is a great inspecting tool. And all of that is fine as long as that trunk is updated as frequently as it should be and yadda yadda-Anyway, I would love to see a nice addon for Chrome that would give more options for exporting style changes through the inspector, including downloading of css files and output that could be copied over a little bit easier than it currently can once changes are made through the inspector.

A lot of developers might think this isn't needed But it really is. You have Firediff and other plugins with Fox and even other products out there that can handle this-Like of course using a properly setup preview + development environment with Dreamweaver etc but I really would like to see something done that offers lots of different options for exporting changes styles through Chrome and the Webkit inspector.

Name because a good developer can completely redesign a web site using said inspector-And this would really support such functionality being imported to the trunk directly if done "right".

If you ever would decide to do this I'd be happy to beta test as I did for example with Electric plum mobile studio which again is using Webkit inspection as a primary back end tool fyi.

I really enjoy the convergence of mobile technologies going on right now and am personally glad to see Windows friendly, and in general more universally usable add ons and plugins being created.

• You can save the changes directly from Web Developer Tools itself, here's a video.

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited June 2013

@walesmd that has limitations as only saving from referenced styles open up your mind brother don't think in absolutes

I'm not going to c+p a link for you...Just google an old article on Opera style export plans-It never made it to a release.

EDIT: And just to add to this the Chrome team was very interested in the suite that they had planned. It was a very nice build out for much better management of style exports. Much more visual and interactive than we have now. Mozilla borrowed from their discussions to some extent and you see this even in popular news when the concept of a web "browser" becomes a dated term that will meta morph into some thing greater. You're going to see lots of improvements in this regard over forth coming versions of that trunk. Using these tools extensively and not getting too stuck on one technology would lead any developer to desire this kind of progression IMHO.