Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta 4.0 Released - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta 4.0 Released

13»

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:

What is that supposed to illustrate?

All I pick up from that is:

1) They cant be bothered to update their documentation

2) The last time they bothered testing it was v5.2 and are using customers a beta testers for newer versions "it is reported"

If anything that just made me less likely to give it a second look.

First time I've logged in and I wont again for a long time but I wanted to state that they will update it if WHMCS changes something which breaks the current way.... What's the saying? If it ain't broke don't fix it. You want them to check every version of WHMCS when they could be working on the next version until a client tells them it didn't work.

If WHMCS did better QA testing then you wouldn't be scared to upgrade when a release comes out. So what's better fixing things which aren't broken (changing a number) or ensuring a stable release. Good luck.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What would interest me in migrating would be the handling of PayPal subscriptions. WHMCS does a great job with them now. Not that I'm thinking of migrating but, you know, everything is always on the table.

• @jarland i was reading somewhere a few days ago that the subscriptions can be redirected. Can't remember where I read it though, might be worth searching!

• TBH, I have seen WHMCS completely broke, (yes it was a fault of mine, I set the wrong path for cron folder) but they should validate everything before starting update.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@jarland said: What would interest me in migrating would be the handling of PayPal subscriptions. WHMCS does a great job with them now. Not that I'm thinking of migrating but, you know, everything is always on the table.

Not really. PayPal Billing Agreements is a much better solution and requires a third party plugin for WHMCS.

PayPal Subscriptions does not take into account credits, date adjustments, etc.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

@Licensecart I understand your perspective, I just don't agree with it.

"If it aint broke dont fix it" is fine, but I don't really think it applies here, it is an importer for a backbone of a business, it should be treat as critically important, I could understand minor versions, but if they are not even testing major versions, I am not interested in taking that risk for them.

WHMCS is their biggest commercial threat, they obviously do not take it seriously.

It does not make sense that you would support them not testing even major version updates on one hand then also take the stance that WHMCS releases are not properly tested/buggy, if anything that would be the number 1 reason to recheck the importer and update documentation.

@Ishaq said:

@jarland said: What would interest me in migrating would be the handling of PayPal subscriptions. WHMCS does a great job with them now. Not that I'm thinking of migrating but, you know, everything is always on the table.

Not really. PayPal Billing Agreements is a much better solution and requires a third party plugin for WHMCS.

PayPal Subscriptions does not take into account credits, date adjustments, etc.

Would be even more worried about that carrying over.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

HAHA, just wait til you start using it. You will find the basics of billing system function are missing.

1) Proper domain management system
    2) Affiliate
    3) Set the order for configurable options

It can go on and on.. but you aren't actually looking for usability it seems.

@Qarizma said:

@drdrake said:

@Qarizma said:
    I'm actually tired of WHMCS.

Why?

It's very overrated, and simply used by many because there isn't really any competition. The admin interface is outdated and not user friendly. Client templates aren't really attractive either.

So far Blesta looks better on both sides.

• TamerciagaTamerciaga Member, Host Rep

@lonea said:
    HAHA, just wait til you start using it. You will find the basics of billing system function are missing.

2) Affiliate

@Qarizma said:

@drdrake said:

@Qarizma said:

Why?

It's very overrated, and simply used by many because there isn't really any competition. The admin interface is outdated and not user friendly. Client templates aren't really attractive either.

Indeed I found out that domain management is shit. Well maybe it's time to develop something in-house.

• @lonea said:

2) Affiliate

@Qarizma said:

@drdrake said:

@Qarizma said:

Why?

WHMCS had affiliates since 2007: https://blog.whmcs.com/?t=3738 Can't find the release for it and see what happened before v4: http://docs.whmcs.com/Release_Notes

But on WHT you can see WHMCS wasn't as big as it was today and even a reply from your good old friend WHMCSGuru Tom: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=550888&p=4134147#post4134147

AWBS may have "much more features", but the implementation is slow, the support is pathetic, and there are so many bugs that are (still) in there that it's just not worth using.

• 10-01-2006

It may have more but the "support is pathetic" what are people complaining about whmcs lately minus the "per user"... slow support.

In that part as-well he mentioned many bugs in AWBS, I'll let you work out the difference between WHMCS and Blesta on that :D.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Well I got tired of the bull shit with whmcs and moved fully into Blesta. I still have some work to do but TBH it's quite easy to move and I really do like the UI quite a bit more and the dev Paul is a pretty solid guy.

• This release doesn't seem to be a success,

• There is some cool module coming for Blesta :) https://gamepanel.io

• @Ympker said:
    There is some cool module coming for Blesta :) https://gamepanel.io

Looks like potential. Are there any other control panels similar?

• @Gravely said:

@Ympker said:
    There is some cool module coming for Blesta :) https://gamepanel.io

Looks like potential. Are there any other control panels similar?

Agree. I've been looking out for such an integration for a while. As for gamepanels Ive used easywi, bgpanel and teklab but nice to see smth new

• Would anyone recommend this billing software over WHMCS - still yet to find someone.

• @Sam_NH said:
    Would anyone recommend this billing software over WHMCS - still yet to find someone.

I've used both and prefer Blesta, but I only offer shared hosting. I can't say how it performs with other products. The big thing for me is stability, I rarely have issues with it.

It's not WHMCS. If you're looking for a WHMCS replacement you will find it frustrating and without benefit to switch. If you're starting with Blesta then it's all you know and quite honestly it's nice software when used from that angle.

Thanked by 1MrObvious
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2017

Blesta added a Kimsufi/SyS/OVH plugin :)

https://blesta-addons.com/plugin/news/main/view/11/

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ympker said: Blesta added a Kimsufi/SyS/OVH plugin :)

The fact that they are starting to include dedicated server modules could be a game changer, while I appreciate that OVH/SYS etc dedicated servers are just API driven it is a start in the right direction.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Ympker said: Blesta added a Kimsufi/SyS/OVH plugin :)

The fact that they are starting to include dedicated server modules could be a game changer, while I appreciate that OVH/SYS etc dedicated servers are just API driven it is a start in the right direction.

Exactly :-)

Thanked by 1racksx
  • <3 Blesta and have used pretty much everything that's out there since way back.

But I agree with others that migrating to it may be a different experience from using it straight off the bat. I've used it since the start of Virtual6 and it's been serving us well.

• jhjh Member

FWIW I've found developing Blesta modules to be a PITA

• nockernocker Member

considering blesta after whmcs price hike

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

Well we am happy to say along with our custom vps panel being made we are also making a similar module for blesta like this: https://hostingmodules.com/devicemanager.php
    and due to us having a juniper switch instead of cisco we are also making it support juniper switches as well(since we use one it kinda makes sense to do that as well since we will be using this as well for our upcoming dedicated servers rental we are also working on.)