Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affiliates?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affiliates?

Since I added the InceptionHosting Affiliate Link to my LET signature the sign ups go way up since last month. (From 0 to 3 :P). This pays my InceptionHosting VPS's.

Anyone else want to show/share their affiliate stats? Do your services get paid for you by affiliates?

Comments

• RamNode has a pretty good conversion rate. Since you write content, it could work for you but they do not cash out via payment processor yet, just account credit.

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited June 2013

Got $4,15 on my RamNode account. only from a single post on a minecraft forum :p ( @damian quit with affiliates :(

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2013

Personally I think affiliate links are sleazy, if I see one in a post or signature, it will negatively affect my opinion about that person, I will think they are dishonest and are going to recommend or even push some product at me just having their own personal gain in mind, even if that product is actually not the best at all.

I am not the only one who thinks that way. So the question becomes, are you willing to put your reputation at stake, for a mere couple of dollar earnings per month? The word "LowEndPerson" readily comes to mind, if you do.

• I see nothing wrong with that IF you are using the product and happy with it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I get a fair amount of business from affiliates, I have no issue with them now or before I used them as a business owner, some people just hate to see businesses being business like, I am here as a business and this place itself is a business.

Thanks for the support @Raymii

• @rm_ said:
    Personally I think affiliate links are sleazy, if I see one in a post or signature, it will negatively affect my opinion about that person, I will think they are dishonest and are going to recommend or even push some product at me just having their own personal gain in mind, even if that product is actually not the best at all.

I am not the only one who thinks that way. So the question becomes, are you willing to put your reputation at stake, for a mere couple of dollar earnings per month? The word "LowEndPerson" readily comes to mind, if you do.

You think everything is sleazy and negative regardless.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I have one or two of "those" affiliates who bring thousands in revenue every month, depending on what service will be shared, I will do anywhere from 15-30%.

• I have aff link in my signature.

• marrcomarrco Member

@rm_ said:

agree 100%, and i think affiliate links should be banned from let/leb. Once this was a technical board.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I don't think there should be affiliate links in the forum signatures here. But on your own site, blog,etc. it's fine.