Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

U.S. accuses four Russians of Yahoo! hack
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

U.S. accuses four Russians of Yahoo! hack

jiggawattjiggawatt Member
edited March 2017 in General

https://nyti.ms/2mJE9hr

2 are allegedly FSB.

'cause the NSA isn't the only one reading your communications.

Comments

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

Ya who?

$7

Thanked by 2jenkki WSS
  • I wouldn't pay $7 for Marissa Mayer's bonus

Thanked by 1netomx
  • YuraYura Member

@jiggawattz said:
    I wouldn't pay $7 for Marissa Mayer's bonus

She feels oppressed.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • Ya Who?

Seriously, never considered using them after https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Yahoo!#Work_in_the_People.27s_Republic_of_China

(some of you young guys might not remember this and note how Google is trying to get unblocked by PRC, maybe will do what Yahoo did)

• Nobody on LET uses Yahoo! for anything (except maybe poker and fantasy sports if they still do it) - but 32 million accounts isn't insignificant. Many people still use it just because they don't want to change their email address. People with large number of contacts often fall into this group, including but not limited to, politicians, business leaders, etc.

• Bullshit to the cube!

us-americans are well known to arbitrarily accuse anyone they don't like of whatnot.

In fact, I'm virtually sure the Russian FSB is not behind the hack. Simple reason: Unlike fbi,nsa,cia the Russians act professional and wouldn't get caught in the first place.

If the us-americans are able to find out about some security breach, chances are it's us-americans behind it.

Thanked by 3doughmanes Ole_Juul jar
  • @Yura said:
    Ya who?

They actually own that domain :)

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited March 2017

I have found that most sign ups using yahoo email end up being fraudsters, especially if they pay with paypal using a yahoo address. Same goes for AOL although you rarely see those emails now.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Wow, nice girl I also wants to be her hacker! ;)

That challenge FSB vs FBI

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

In any unclear situation, always accuse the Russians.

Thanked by 3vimalware jenkki jar
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

The US probably did it themselves. It is the most likely scenario in my view.

Thanked by 1jar
  • How many russians does it take to ... make Yahoo GREAT again !! ?

• rm_ said: In any unclear situation, always accuse the Russians.

Yeah, accuse hacking Hillary email also when she lost election then pull out ambassadors that typical scenario.

• Следственный комитет Беларуси caught a few guys too with their Cypriot, Europol and American partners.

https://42.tut.by/535394

@rm_ @k0nsl @jenkki

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited March 2017

jiggawattz said: jiggawattz

So what? Robberies exist in every country. That real story :)

https://youtu.be/-W7O-poXkhQ

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

bsdguy said: Unlike fbi,nsa,cia the Russians act professional and wouldn't get caught in the first place.

The russians as well as the americans can be caught all the time by the age old technique called double agents. The americans pay better so a russian agent is likely to give info to the americans too, not only own government. The russians and chinese will be caught more often because the americans pay more, the russians even caught some double agents recently:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-treason-fsb-spies-kaspersky-labs-us-intelligence-denies-cia-hacking/

Speculation goes that given the material put in front of the congress regarding the help FSB gave to Trump in various ways, someone in Russia connected the dots and knew who had access to that data and offered the americans the proof they needed.
    It is probably the first time people are arrested in Russia for betraying an american president.

The Russians have the advantage still, I think, because they prepared for the cold war well in advance of the americans which were caught on the wrong foot, they were occupied to spy for the crusades, did not expect Russia to restart territorial expansion and the new cold war against NATO. But the times when the table will be turned is not far. Trump may nominate the spy agencies chiefs, but the congress controls them, not to mention these agencies can overthrow any president and they are not friendly to Trump for now.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2017

Maounique said: Speculation

Exactly. Not even sure of the point of the news in the public domain, we can't corroborate either side of the story, and we can't exactly absolve Yahoo for their lapse of security, regardless of the party involved.

I'm quite sure there isn't much analysis that is worth reading.

Quirky NSA/FSB comments seems to be the high water mark.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited March 2017

@ricardo The charging papers are public and linked on the New York Times' website, in the link I provided.

The U.S. Department of Justice didn't just pick four random ethnic Russians to place blame. These investigations are obviously not public but, contrary to the desires of the people who hate America, the U.S. doesn't fabricate these investigations.

I'm just doing my part to shift some of the blame away from the NSA. They aren't the only group out there doing intelligence gathering. They aren't the only group mopping up data.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

personally never like the Yahoo as they are unprofessional bunch of cowboys, I highly recommend Yahoo subcontract the following professional company:

Bunch of Cowboys

http://www.bunchofcowboys.com/

As for the rest fake news, I smell the bullshit in the air.

• jiggawattz said: They aren't the only group mopping up data.

Exactly the point. Bluff, double bluff... maybe a more relevant question is who hacked them first. Obviously having access to so many accounts has its benefits. Quite simply, I wouldn't trust either sides version of the story, to me it's purely speculation and percentages.

• They will be tried and probably (but maybe not) convicted in American court, either before a judge or a jury of peers depending on their choice. (Baratov was arrested in Canada; not sure if the others have been caught.)

As an example - Viktor Bout's wife even conceded that the trial of her husband was true and fair. Justice works in America.

• WSSWSS Member

Ya, Comrade! It was those evil russian hackers.

WSS l33t s1t3 f34tur1n6 0-d4y l1nuX c0d3 - http://wss.evilrussianhacker.ru/

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

@jiggawattz said:
    As an example - Viktor Bout's wife even conceded that the trial of her husband was true and fair.

>

Justice works in America.

As an example - another family pair.

Lady Justice lost her blindfold if any of those two are not dressed in yellow every day. So much for Justice in any given country.

• Hillary Clinton didn't commit a crime. She did what many people in business and government do: combine work and private email through a "personal" account somewhere, violating vague department policies but nevertheless very negligent of security.

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

@jiggawattz said:
    Hillary Clinton didn't commit a crime. She did what many people in business and government do: combine work and private email through a "personal" account somewhere, violating vague department policies but nevertheless very negligent of security.

Woah woah woah. Where did you get that from? I highly suggest you to skip regurgitating the second hand news and watch all of the recordings from US Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Benghazi Committee and that circus show of Director Comi in Congress too. That's solid 15 or so hours of facepalming entertainment. Clinton caught lying, lying and lying under oath to come clean from her crimes. We can discuss this matter thoroughly but only if you are willing to call white from black.

When Congress demanded access to Clinton emails she ordered all info to be destroyed, drives got bitbleached, phones smashed with a hammer. That is some serious obstruction of justice. All of her people took the 5th because they know what would happen if they open their mouths: jail time / sudden death. Later on her emails have been found on a laptop of her assistant's paedohusband.

Do you call all this just a violation of vague policies? Batshit crazy. This is just how much she cares for "national security", tip of the iceberg where real meat is her greed beyond common levels even in high politics.

P.S. Her husband is a rapist. Wasn't that a felony? Their daughter spent millions from Clinton Foundation, took money from fucking charity. The list goes on and on, but to not get into speculative territory would prefer to stick to Congressial meetings and recorded facts.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • HxxxHxxx Member

USA USA USA USA [cheering]

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

jiggawattz said: Hillary Clinton didn't commit a crime.

I have read a few articles about the Clinton Foundation fraud activities, who cares about emails?
    Example:

• Yura said: Her husband is a an alleged rapist

Fixed that for you. Let's not get carried away in the excitement.

• WSSWSS Member

@sleddog said:

Yura said: Her husband is a an alleged rapist

That depends on what you define alleged as.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • YuraYura Member

@sleddog said:

Yura said: Her husband is a an alleged rapist

To graduate from alleged to convicted he had to be trialed. He paid $850.000 to settle it out of the court. So he is an alleged rapist. That's the point when I say justice doesn't work.

Now this is not disputable: Bill Clinton was impeached and found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice (yeah, it's a family thing if you noticed). Haven't faced the music! Free out of jail card.

As I said above let's not go to deep into other cases and concentrate on cold facts. Everyone right now can fire up youtube and watch how Hillary committed perjury and obstruction of justice. It's all online. No prosecution followed. That's the whole fucking point. Criminal is one who committed crimes. Clintons are not convicted because they have money and power. Yet they are criminals. Justice is not when you have no criminals, it is when criminals are convicted and punished.

This discussion has been closed.