Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHM domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHM domain

drdrakedrdrake Member

When ordering web hosting reseller plans, I am asked to register or transfer a domain. Can someone tell me what is it used for? Can I resell web hosting without adding a domain? I have my domain.com which is hosted in a VPS and I plan on installing WHMCS on this VPS and then add WHM.

Comments

• just add your domain.com when ordering & you can set the things after the order :) It's just need a valid hostname as per my knowledge :)

• @shyaminayesh said:
    just add your domain.com when ordering & you can set the things after the order :) It's just need a valid hostname as per my knowledge :)

Does it have any function? Can i just add "something.com" and forget about it?

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@drdrake you can add something.com

sugg : instead wasting the resource. you can add your current domain.com and create a private nameserver.

• vpsGOD said: sugg : instead wasting the resource. you can add your current domain.com and create a private nameserver.

if he add something.com still he can create private name server under any domain if I'm correct :o

• @vpsGOD said:
    @drdrake you can add something.com

sugg : instead wasting the resource. you can add your current domain.com and create a private nameserver.
    @shyaminayesh said:

vpsGOD said: sugg : instead wasting the resource. you can add your current domain.com and create a private nameserver.

if he add something.com still he can create private name server under any domain if I'm correct :o

Can't I add external nameservers? I don't plan on adding my business domain on WHM because it's being managed by cloudflare and hosted on a VPS.

• drdrake said: Can't I add external nameservers? I don't plan on adding my business domain on WHM because it's being managed by cloudflare and hosted on a VPS.

no matter if it uses CF or hosted in a VPS. You can create name server if you can update host records to the domain. If you don't plan to create name servers with your business domain just use provider name server or buy another domain just to create name servers :)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@drdrake said:
    Can't I add external nameservers? I don't plan on adding my business domain on WHM because it's being managed by cloudflare and hosted on a VPS.

You can simply add dns1, dns2 for your reseller hosting account and for VPS use ns1, ns2. (Total 4 nameserver, 2 nameserver will use your VPS nameserver and 2 nameserver of your reseller hosting account)

Simple?