Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brand spanking new website - looking for reviews please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Brand spanking new website - looking for reviews please

Hi All,

We are super excited about our new site & we are looking for some honest feedback.

The amount of hours we have been tweaking and fine tuning is a little mind boggling - so fresh eyes would be fantastic.

https://www.dedigeeks.com

Any feedback or suggestions would be great......anything......

Thanks in advance and looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Comments

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited March 2017

These are some of the most expensive prices I have seen in a while! Website seems pretty solid though.

How do you do this on a VPS/dedi however:

Smart technology for daily malware scans and auto cleaning of malicious code as soon as it's detected.

I don't think you should be scanning customer's files on a VPS/dedi.

Thanked by 1Dedigeeks
  • Aussie? Looks good. Not LET pricing though

Thanked by 1Dedigeeks
  • @nulldev said:
    These are some of the most expensive prices I have seen in a while! Website seems pretty solid though.

Smart technology for daily malware scans and auto cleaning of malicious code as soon as it's detected.

Thanks for the reply nulldev - we are in the process of the never ending update.....good point out. We do not automatically implement this on VPS / Dedi - however the customers can request it should they want it.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

• Also, this page: "https://www.dedigeeks.com/affiliate-banners.html" 404s. There is a link to it on this page: "https://www.dedigeeks.com/affiliate-program.html".

• @bohdans said:
    Aussie? Looks good. Not LET pricing though

We aren't sure what you mean by LET, however, we did compare the Australian market and adjusted our prices accordingly to compete within that market.

The prices we have outlined we think are pretty competitive and on par with the other providers, the one thing that I also look at is Australia is generally expensive across the board from shopping at the local supermarket, and eating out at the local restaurants.

We understand the cost of servers for example in the USA are a lot cheaper, though, for the Australian providers the cost of leasing is much higher, so inherently you have to work around supplier costs on top of what you're offering plus the external providers such as LiteSpeed.

We appreciate you pointing out the cost aspect and we can definitely review them though right now those prices fit on par and in comparison to the leading Australian providers.

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited March 2017

Also, try making the blog, forum and helpdesk images clickable here: "https://www.dedigeeks.com/about.html".

Or maybe add a link/button at the bottom of each paragraph that says something like: "Visit blog >>>".

The reason I'm recommending you do this is because the header says "Company Links and Resources". It is sort of weird when nothing under the heading is a link.

It also makes your forum accessible on a mobile device as your footer does not have the "community" button on mobile.

• @nulldev said:
    Also, this page: "https://www.dedigeeks.com/affiliate-banners.html" 404s. There is a link to it on this page: "https://www.dedigeeks.com/affiliate-program.html".

Most definitely, we've got the banners and we will link this one up - we did basic UAT for 404 error messages and this was not picked up, we are on it!

• When opening the menu on Chrome mobile on some pages, the secondary navigation header will overlap the menu.

• @nulldev said:
    When opening the menu on Chrome mobile on some pages, the secondary navigation header will overlap the menu.

Thank you, this is one we will note down and have our design correct, do they drop down behind the menus on the other pages if you've seen?

We had that slight issue though was resolved, not sure if you have seen this occur on your browsing?

• @Dedigeeks said:

@nulldev said:
    When opening the menu on Chrome mobile on some pages, the secondary navigation header will overlap the menu.

Thank you, this is one we will note down and have our design correct, do they drop down behind the menus on the other pages if you've seen?

We had that slight issue though was resolved, not sure if you have seen this occur on your browsing?

I'm not sure what you mean by that but if you expand the dropdown, you can see the bug occurs on almost every page:

• @nulldev said:

Correct that is what I meant, the drop down on the other pages falls behind the scroll header, we will get this fixed, it works on some browsers not all - so it's one thing we need to clear up as we understand lots of consumers these days are mobile and tablet users.

• Nice!

Thanked by 1Dedigeeks
  • VPS prices are a abit expensive for australia...

Thanked by 1Dedigeeks
  • @Gravely said:
    VPS prices are a abit expensive for australia...

The VPS prices are inline with competition, as example you could look at www.ventraip.com.au as example the price structure on their VPS systems also.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@nulldev said:
    These are s ome of the most expensive prices I have seen in a while! Website seems pretty solid though.

At those prices I assume its a fully managed service, and would expect some protection like antivirus.

Thanked by 1Dedigeeks
  • @Dedigeeks said:

@Gravely said:

The VPS prices are inline with competition, as example you could look at www.ventraip.com.au as example the price structure on their VPS systems also.

Comparing prices to @pbgben @mikea and @oliver. Whats makes you guys stand out?

Thanked by 1Dedigeeks
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Gravely said:

@Dedigeeks said:

@Gravely said:

Its cunts like us that make it a difficult market. I have yet to read into this site or their products. But If I offered manged services it would be close to $10 A week extra.

• @pbgben said:

@Gravely said:

@Dedigeeks said:

@Gravely said:

Its cunts like us that make it a difficult market. I have yet to read into this site or their products. But If I offered manged services it would be close to $10 A week extra.

im assuming its a managed service. 1GB DDR4 for $40/month for an unmanaged service is abit extreme considering you "cunts" just dropped OVH KVM's with the latest hardware for alot cheaper

• leonaleona Member

Add another cartoon character girl in the above panel "why choose dedigeeks" and too the right of the guy so the sexist chicks don't feel so alone in your splash page. Have her all dolled up with a smile and open arms pointing to why choose dedigeek menu points list.

Other wise graphics and layout look good enough for prime time.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • leonaleona Member

Oh ya forgot. add a shadow effect behind all the cartoon characters and graphics

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Dedigeeks said: We aren't sure what you mean by LET

Scroll to the top of this site :-)

Dedigeeks said: The VPS prices are inline with competition

$47/mo for 1 GB VM?

You're about 900% more expensive than a $5/mo 1GB VPS I can get with a top-tier provider (who offers DDOS protection, block storage, etc.) in Sydney, and they provide twice the bandwidth you do.

Now if you're offering managed, that's a different story, but for unmanaged...

Etcetera. Sure, LEB prices are silly, but that's the market unless you're providing hand-holding.

Also, I looked carefully and couldn't find a single spanking or branding fetish photo on your site. I feel cheated by this thread.

(Note: I've never used my Vultr aff link before... @taavim inspired me).

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • Now if you'd said "Brand new spanking website" I'd have taken a look.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Well a lot of you pretty much judged and started a profanity war without us being able to answer questions and no we don't offer services through OVH so we can scrap that assumption that you've thrown in to the mix without any facts.

We've never said much towards managed and/or unmanaged services, we're highly scalable on the VPS side of things, we do customise them for consumers and can tailor them for their requirements though it seems no one has taken liberty in asking that question - this is why we're asking for feedback to how better approach our display.

I've used Dediserve many years ago with SpeedySparrow, mind you the network was strong the storage and disk placement not so much. Have you utilised their services or just pointed out figures themselves to try and prove a point?

Whatever the case may be we are happy with the critiques maybe narrow the assumptions and the profanity down.

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited March 2017

@Dedigeeks said:
    We've never said much towards managed and/or unmanaged services, we're highly scalable on the VPS side of things, we do customise them for consumers and can tailor them for their requirements though it seems no one has taken liberty in asking that question - this is why we're asking for feedback to how better approach our display.

So you are managed?

Also, how can you "customise" a VPS? Do you mean custom specs or something? Because it still shouldn't be that expensive even if you allow your customers to create VPSes with custom specifications.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Dedigeeks said: Well a lot of you pretty much judged

Hey now...you did ask. And, uh, have you read this site before?

Dedigeeks said: Have you utilised their services or just pointed out figures themselves to try and prove a point?

Hold up here. You posted your site here for review. Then someone said "wow, you're expensive". People compared you with other sites that advertise here in the same geography. Isn't that a fair comparison?

Dedigeeks said: We've never said much towards managed and/or unmanaged services, we're highly scalable on the VPS side of things, we do customise them for consumers and can tailor them for their requirements though it seems no one has taken liberty in asking that question - this is why we're asking for feedback to how better approach our display.

We only know what we read on the site. Honestly, $47/mo for 1GB is pretty extreme pricing, particularly when you're throwing it in front of a crowd that is used to paying a couple dollars a month. Even for fully managed services in the US, people only pay $30 for premium hosts like KnownHost or WiredTree, who are well established (and give you a lot more resources for that $30).

Sure, Australia is a little more expensive, but $47?

Now if you said you were a managed provider who installed software for people, managed their servers, did sysadmin for them, etc. that would make a difference (though $47 would still be pretty steep). But I'm not really seeing anything on your site that would command such a high premium...?

I have no idea what "highly scalable" means or "customize them" - these sound like kind of weak sauce. If you just mean tweaking the CPU or RAM or disk...people can already do that easily with VPS control panels, so...?

Let's start over. You're offering a very expensive product in a market with established low pricing and an ever-cheaper pricing cycle. So what are you offering that justifies that premium? That's ultimately the question you have to ask.

If you're just looking for web site design feedback, my apologies if I misunderstood your post.

Thanked by 1Gravely
  • Design is OK

STATE-OF-THE-ART DATA CENTRES -> i would feel better if i know the DCs. Otherwise, I see this just as a marketing meh

ROCK SOLID NETWORK -> so what is your blend?

Our Blog, Our Forums, Support Helpdesk -> I suggest to hide because they dont seem to exist. visitor will have impression that you are just a brand new company, that could be fly by night...

https://dedigeeks.com/about.html -> what is the meaning of "Since dedigeeks idea was born in 2006"? when was your company incorporated? what is the legal name of your company? are you even registered?

• raindog308 said: Hold up here. You posted your site here for review. Then someone said "wow, you're expensive". People compared you with other sites that advertise here in the same geography. Isn't that a fair comparison?

He said "Any feedback or suggestions would be great......anything......" Keyword is ANYTHING

• DedigeeksDedigeeks Member
    edited March 2017

@raindog308 said:

Dedigeeks said: Well a lot of you pretty much judged

Hey now...you did ask. And, uh, have you read this site before?

Dedigeeks said: Have you utilised their services or just pointed out figures themselves to try and prove a point?

Hold up here. You posted your site here for review. Then someone said "wow, you're expensive". People compared you with other sites that advertise here in the same geography. Isn't that a fair comparison?

Dedigeeks said: We've never said much towards managed and/or unmanaged services, we're highly scalable on the VPS side of things, we do customise them for consumers and can tailor them for their requirements though it seems no one has taken liberty in asking that question - this is why we're asking for feedback to how better approach our display.

We only know what we read on the site. Honestly, $47/mo for 1GB is pretty extreme pricing, particularly when you're throwing it in front of a crowd that is used to paying a couple dollars a month. Even for fully managed services in the US, people only pay $30 for premium hosts like KnownHost or WiredTree, who are well established (and give you a lot more resources for that $30).

Sure, Australia is a little more expensive, but $47?

Now if you said you were a managed provider who installed software for people, managed their servers, did sysadmin for them, etc. that would make a difference (though $47 would still be pretty steep). But I'm not really seeing anything on your site that would command such a high premium...?

I have no idea what "highly scalable" means or "customize them" - these sound like kind of weak sauce. If you just mean tweaking the CPU or RAM or disk...people can already do that easily with VPS control panels, so...?

Let's start over. You're offering a very expensive product in a market with established low pricing and an ever-cheaper pricing cycle. So what are you offering that justifies that premium? That's ultimately the question you have to ask.

If you're just looking for web site design feedback, my apologies if I misunderstood your post.

THANK YOU! all of this feedback is greatly appreciated. It has really given some topics for our next evaluation meeting - and i hope to be coming back here again to show our implementations.
    I think the previous representative personally felt a little attacked - so yes - we did ask for the feedback - all of the feedback and it has been very valuable.
    We look forward to being a part of the LET (learned a new abbreviation today :)) community.

Thanked by 1Gravely
  • @jcaleb said:
    Our Blog, Our Forums, Support Helpdesk -> I suggest to hide because they dont seem to exist. visitor will have impression that you are just a brand new company, that could be fly by night...

The problem is they do exist! The links to them are in the footer. That's why I recommended they make them actual links...

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @Dedigeeks said:

I've used Dediserve many years ago with SpeedySparrow, mind you the network was strong the storage and disk placement not so much.

Considering we run HP D2220 Storage arrays running 12 enterprise SSDs in RAID 50, what about our storage or disk placement failed to impress?

Thanked by 3Junkless Gravely aolee