Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to replace my Hetzner BX10 storage box
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to replace my Hetzner BX10 storage box

Hi, as the title says, I am looking for a cheaper alternative with more storage. Any offers?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

How much storage do you have?

How much storage do you want?

How much are you paying now?

How much do you want to pay for what you want?

:)

Thanked by 2vimalware WSS
  • FalzoFalzo Member

just upgrade to hetzner BX20?

BX10 is 100 GB @2,90€ (w/o VAT)

BX20 is 500GB @4,90€ (equals 0,98€ for 100GB)

so perfectly fits your requirements. more storage for less money... also won't involve any time and process to migrate, setup, configure whatever.

of course there are a lot of other options, giving more details as @AnthonySmith suggested will help a lot ;-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    How much storage do you have?

How much storage do you want?

How much are you paying now?

How much do you want to pay for what you want?

:)
    @Falzo said:
    just upgrade to hetzner BX20?

BX10 is 100 GB @2,90€ (w/o VAT)

BX20 is 500GB @4,90€ (equals 0,98€ for 100GB)

so perfectly fits your requirements. more storage for less money... also won't involve any time and process to migrate, setup, configure whatever.

of course there are a lot of other options, giving more details as @AnthonySmith suggested will help a lot ;-)

I m paying around 3 euro for 100GB storage and 1TB bandwidth. Not looking for something specific. Just want to see more offers and decide which is better.

Thank you

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@drdrake said:

I m paying around 3 euro for 100GB storage and 1TB bandwidth. Not looking for something specific. Just want to see more offers and decide which is better.

Thank you

Are you looking for managed storage where you just connect via a few pre-determined protocols (like the hetzner storage plans) or are you looking for an unmanaged VPS?

• @Harambe said:

@drdrake said:

Thank you

Are you looking for managed storage where you just connect via a few pre-determined protocols (like the hetzner storage plans) or are you looking for an unmanaged VPS?

Both are welcome.

• This is way too vague. The larger BX's are an execellent value, the middle ones are ok, and the smaller ones (what you have) are overpriced. So if you want more space at better value, move up a few sizes.

Thanked by 2Falzo vimalware
  • do you need more storage or want cut your payment?
    if you need more storage Soyoustart ARM-2T could be an option
    2000 GB storage for 12 euro per month

• Backblaze B2 or AWS Glacier

• Is this a fishing expedition?

With Hetzner you get stable corporate backing and professional zfs expertise taking care of your bits.

Get a higher plan and offset the costs by selling your friends some yearly storage maybe?

What are your data access patterns?

Mostly archiving? or random access (read+write)

If it's mostly write-only, online.net 's c14 'classic' archival-mode might be good too. (use their calculator to see if their classic or intensive c14 offering makes more sense)

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy WSS
  • CamCam Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

If you are interested I could do ovz 1GB ram 250GB HDD and 1TB BW for $4/m hosted in Germany. If you are looking for more I could also do 1GB ram 500GB HDD and 2TB BW for $6/m.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Cam