Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Card Payment Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Card Payment Providers

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Are there any card payment providers like Stripe, however allow you to request payouts at any time? For example, Stripe keeps the money for 7 days.

If a client pays for a dedicated server, then I'll need to go and pay the relevant provider(s) so that's no good. Any ideas?

Preferably with lower fees than PayPal.

Thanks,
Domiinc

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

The 7 days hold is a security feature for the payment provider, i doubt they would lift it for you. Unless you are willing to give them a large "security deposit".

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    The 7 days hold is a security feature for the payment provider, i doubt they would lift it for you. Unless you are willing to give them a large "security deposit".

I'm not asking them to let me have all of it, they can keep some in there if they want to. I understand, but PayPal don't keep any in hold so I was wondering if there's any providers like Stripe that don't do this.

• PatrickPatrick Member

Won't be possible unless your trading thousands or as suggested have a large reserve available.

• Most hold. You need to the cashflow to deal business. That's life.

• edited May 2013

@dominicl said:

Incorrect, if you use Paypal pro (to accept card payments directly). Before full verification its 100% kept for 30 days, once verified it can be something like 30% for 90 days and will only be reviewed after 6 months.

If your business is broken by 7 days cashflow retention you need to change your model as you are just looking for trouble in the future.

Stripe have one of the lowest retention periods I know of.

@ShardHost - nice, thanks for the information.
    We don't use PayPal pro at the moment.

• 7 days is nothing. Some payment processors hold for 2 months.

What kind of a business are you running that you can't afford a week's late payment? In most business you have to pay expenses in advance and receive money from clients months later.

@Abdussamad - Yes, and we do that currently. I was just asking a question - if there were any out there or not.

We're going with Stripe as it looks the best from the comments here.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2013

@Abdussamad said:
    7 days is nothing. Some payment processors hold for 2 months.

What kind of a business are you running that you can't afford a week's late payment? In most business you have to pay expenses in advance and receive money from clients months later.

Yea we have 1 month for CC as well but mainly because its easier for accounting like that.

If you can't survive 7days without cashing out you are doing something very wrong... (even as plain reseller)

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Stripe user here :) never had a problem with it!

• 24khost24khost Member

The problem for @dominicl I think is that he is just a reseller. Pure and simple which if he sells a dedicated server by credit card he then has to wait 7 days. If your not bringing in tons of money than you float by your shoe strings.

• amhoabamhoab Member

Take a look at https://balancedpayments.com .

• hdpixelhdpixel Member

Checkout wepay.com. They deposit payments right away.

Others
    Amazon Payments - https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/index.htm
    2Checkout -
    Google Checkout (will discontinue by end of year)---Sign up for Wallet.
    Regular PayPal account (Create/send invoice to collect payment asap).
    Intuit payments - http://payments.intuit.com/price_online_payments

Have fun here.
    http://www.consumer-guides.info/business/merchant_accounts/merchant_account_comparison.html