Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS or Dedicated Server 16GB RAM and above, with SSD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS or Dedicated Server 16GB RAM and above, with SSD

samconesamcone Member
edited March 2017 in Requests

Hello,

I'm looking for a KVM VPS or a dedicated server with 16GB RAM (or above) with SSD storage.

Location doesn't matter to me.

Planning to run Docker on CentOS or Ubuntu.

My budget is around $200-$350/year. Willing to pay quarterly/annually.

Edit* I have increased my budget.

Thanks!

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

So, you want 16GB, SSD storage, and can pay less than $200/yr, huh?

If you find something, let me know. Even the cheapest 16GB VortexNode Hetzners cost more than that.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited March 2017
  • WSSWSS Member

That's just mean. :D

Thanked by 1ehab
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@WSS said:

Why?

• WSSWSS Member

@Falzo said:

@WSS said:

Why?

I've never heard of anyone praising Contabo. I can't imagine a KVM VPS there with Docker under it. Might as well be trying it on an 8G Kimsufi with 24GB swap?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@WSS said:

@Falzo said:

@WSS said:

Why?

I've never heard of anyone praising Contabo. I can't imagine a KVM VPS there with Docker under it. Might as well be trying it on an 8G Kimsufi with 24GB swap?

I wasn't exactly praising it... they are most likely the only ones matching his criteria, hence I mentioned them. Especially after your first comment :-P

@Ympker checked them out lately and wrote about his experiences on here. Also I think @TarZZ92 jumped on that train and has a box with them...

Might not be glorifying but neither really bad I think ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WSSWSS Member

@Falzo said:
    I wasn't exactly praising it... they are most likely the only ones matching his criteria, hence I mentioned them. Especially after your first comment :-P

I know you weren't. I was politely insinuating that you were suggesting them just to get the cheap OP to learn a lesson. :D

Might not be glorifying but neither really bad I think ;-)

After Kimsufi, almost anything is good.. except DbD. My god are they awful.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@WSS said:

>

I know you weren't. I was politely insinuating that you were suggesting them just to get the cheap OP to learn a lesson. :D

I see. You get what you pay for, of course... but it's saturday morning here... not really switched on mean-mode by now.

Thanked by 4WSS Clouvider Ympker ehab
  • I have increased my budget. I'm not too sure if I would be able to get one at that new price range.

• How much storage would you need?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Is SSD a hard requirement? I can probably arrange something in $14/mo range with 16GB RAM but HDD.

• nfnnfn Veteran

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1571

This is within budget with 8CPU (dedicated threads) + 24GB RAM + 120 SSD/960 SAS.
    The SAS is as fast as the SSD.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

When will you need this? I am awaiting a delivery on some new dedicated machines with SAS drives, but can possibly swap it out for a small SSD for you in Bulgaria. Might be able to fit in your increased budget with a dual quad core Xeon dedicated.

• Try SYS-IP-1S or E3-SSD-1 here:

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited March 2017

@nfn said:

This is within budget with 8CPU (dedicated threads) + 24GB RAM + 120 SSD/960 SAS.

+1 definitely recommended

powerfull boxes and fast SAS, also keep in mind price includes 19% german VAT which you might get deducted, depending on your location and business...
    also gets cheaper if you take it for 6 or even 12 months, english page: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1572

(also get 5€ off your first order, use coupon 36nc14892246259 or take one from my signature ;-) ;-))

Thanked by 2nfn vimalware
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We can may work on something! PM you.

• samconesamcone Member
    edited March 2017

@racksx said:
    How much storage would you need?

I'm looking for around 80-120GB SSD, but SAS works as well if I could not find any better ones.

@exception0x876 said:
    Is SSD a hard requirement? I can probably arrange something in $14/mo range with 16GB RAM but HDD.

Yes I'm looking for one with SSD.

@nfn said:

This looks good to me. Will shortlist this one.

@AlexBarakov said:
    When will you need this? I am awaiting a delivery on some new dedicated machines with SAS drives, but can possibly swap it out for a small SSD for you in Bulgaria. Might be able to fit in your increased budget with a dual quad core Xeon dedicated.

I don't have a specific timeframe. Probably by the end of this month. Can you quote me with the specs / PM?

Thanks everyone!

• @WSS said:
    After Kimsufi, almost anything is good.. except DbD. My god are they awful.

DBD is very solid.... until you need support. I had to bump my tickets and P.M. them on a forum before they replied.

Otherwise, my DBD server is very stable and it hasn't gone down once. Network speeds are pretty good as well. Certainly was a steal for $17 a month!

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

WSS said: except DbD. My god are they awful.

Tell me about it. Their network sucked hard.

On top of that, they lied through their teeth for 2 straight weeks about having initiated a refund for a cancelled dedi, until I gave up and directly spoke with PayPal and my CC company.

They finally initiated the full refund for a dedi that I had paid for a year, after I confronted them with my findings and threatened to initiate a charge-back.

I made a mental note to never pay for a dedi semi/ annually after that.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

We can do KVM VPS 16GB Ram , 4xCPU , 60GB SSD , 2TB BW . Oregon USA , Price : $240/year.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

exception0x876 said: $14/mo range with 16GB RAM

16GB RAM on a KVM VPS for $168 p/year?

This is a whole new race to the bottom, that is 0.0102 p/MB p/Year

For reference LES works out to 0.0201 p/MB p/Year and that is OpenVZ with no SLA, Support or IPv4.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AnthonySmith said:

The power of LET, praise the Byte Gods.

• WSSWSS Member

@nulldev said:
    DBD is very solid.... until you need support. I had to bump my tickets and P.M. them on a forum before they replied.

Yep. Took over 2 months to get a second IP from them, and they backdated the charges to January. It's only $4, but they sure as hell didn't earn it.

If it was an I5/I7 I'd have returned it within the first month and demanded a pro-rated refund, but an E3 for $17 (that I prepaid), welp..

@K4Y5 said:
    Tell me about it. Their network sucked hard.

I've never had a problem with their network- just their service.

• @deadbeef said:

@AnthonySmith said:

The power of LET, praise the Byte Gods.

Sounds like one of those kimsufi dedis that @exception876 is reselling.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

teamacc said: Sounds like one of those kimsufi dedis that @exception876 is reselling.

No those are VPS on Soyoustart OP-SAT-5 servers (128GB RAM for 60 euros).

Thanked by 1willie
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited March 2017

That netcup 24gb ram rootServer is unbeatable at about 250euros/yr prepay (for non Eu customers - no 19% VAT).

It comes with 8 Dedicated cpu 'Threads' .

If you absolutely need SSD and more than 120gb of it, push budget higher

alternative 1: Ultravps.eu ssd cloudserver at '24.36 euro/m' (pre Vat)

if you order in their LAX location, you get newer E5 cpu; other locations are mostly Intel westmere X56xx cores (quite decent performers still )
    Their storage infrastructure is based on ZFS and KVM is provisioned on top of it.
    https://www.ultravps.eu/en/order/order.pl?cat=cloudserver
    (pm me if you'd like to use my affiliate code to give me some Internet love: I'll reply in under 5mins in US timings )

alternative 2 = 29.9 euro/m

Hetzner kvm has way more SSD allocated(400GB for the 16gb ram plan) .

https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix-px

They also have Disk snapshots feature (5 for this plan) and a FAST network.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • @exception0x876 said:

teamacc said: Sounds like one of those kimsufi dedis that @exception876 is reselling.

No those are VPS on Soyoustart OP-SAT-5 servers (128GB RAM for 60 euros).

Confused with your V-dedi lineup then: https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/hybrid_servers/?group_id=5

Those are definitely those online.net winter deals and those kimsufis that were cheap :)