Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


VPN solution for China?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

VPN solution for China?

palme34palme34 Member

How can I use VPN in China? I do not want a proxy/SOCKS proxy. Which VPN protocols work in China? I will use both my Android phone and my computer. I have my own virtual server. That's why I want to set up my own VPN server. Thanks..

Comments

  • VPN will make your IP be fast banned by the great firewall, especially PPTP.

  • @singhigh said:
    VPN will make your IP be fast banned by the great firewall, especially PPTP.

    As far as I can tell, the SSH tunnel works. Is it correct?

  • VPN protocols won't work well in China.

    SSH tunnel is fine with small traffic. Larger traffic and the server IP will be banned.

    Shadowsocks is one of the best way to do that, and it does have apps that work on Android.

  • fanfan Member

    @Karini_Sikiyorum said:

    @singhigh said:
    VPN will make your IP be fast banned by the great firewall, especially PPTP.

    As far as I can tell, the SSH tunnel works. Is it correct?

    SSH tunnel still works, but most VPN protocols can be identified and blocked.

  • @msg7086 Is there a user add on Shadowsocks?

    @fan Is it possible to route all traffic to the SSH tunnel?

  • fanfan Member

    @palme34 said:
    @msg7086 Is there a user add on Shadowsocks?

    @fan Is it possible to route all traffic to the SSH tunnel?

    Yes it's possible, but the performance depends on the connectivity between the two ends.

  • What happens if you run obfsproxy on top of openvpn? The openvpn server ip still gets banned?

  • @chinmoy said:
    What happens if you run obfsproxy on top of openvpn? The openvpn server ip still gets banned?

    Connect to your openvpn server without doing anything, and your server ip will be banned pretty soon.

  • @fan said:

    @palme34 said:
    @msg7086 Is there a user add on Shadowsocks?

    @fan Is it possible to route all traffic to the SSH tunnel?

    Yes it's possible, but the performance depends on the connectivity between the two ends.

    So how do I route all traffic?

  • fanfan Member

    @palme34 said:

    @fan said:

    @palme34 said:
    @msg7086 Is there a user add on Shadowsocks?

    @fan Is it possible to route all traffic to the SSH tunnel?

    Yes it's possible, but the performance depends on the connectivity between the two ends.

    So how do I route all traffic?

    Google it.

  • I will go to China for business travel in the near future. Does Squid Proxy and SSTP VPN protocol work in China? @msg7086

  • shadowsocks, the best solution for now.
    don't bother to look for others at the reasonable price.

  • BAKABAKA Member

    Shadowsocks is the best solution. If you insist on a VPN, try AnyConnect or IKEv2. Don't bother to try others.

    GFW's DPI can identify almost all common VPN and proxy connections. ShadowSocks & ShadowVPN are exceptions (the latter stopped dev). AnyConnect & IKEv2 are identifiable but not banned just because many MNCs also use such VPN.

  • @palme34 said:
    Does Squid Proxy and SSTP VPN protocol work in China? @msg7086

    Squid: Maybe.

    SSTP: No.

Sign In or Register to comment.