Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone who has experience with SpotVPS aka ComfortHost.NET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone who has experience with SpotVPS aka ComfortHost.NET

rasmusjrasmusj Member
edited January 2012 in Providers

Hi,

Signed up for a cheap VPS with SpotVPS aka. ComfortHost.NET. It's cheap, $15 a year. But as a customer I expect to get my VPS delivered and not "almost delivered". It turns out that I cannot login with the login details that arrives in the Welcome Email. Only half of the links/URLs in the welcome email works. When I finally can logon to my VPS using SolusVM Serial Console (not even VNC) it cannot resolve anything :(

The support team closes tickets before they're even resolved.

I'm just curious if anyone here have experience with them? And if so, is it good or bad?

Please share your thoughts.

/RasmusJ, Denmark

Comments

• LongShotLongShot Member
    edited January 2012

I've had the same $15/year plan for three months - so far, so good. I did not have any access problems. The control panel has a custom front end that requires some learning. My VPS was slow at first, however, and I discovered that bandwidth was poor at 1M/s using cachefly.net. I submitted a ticket and now have an acceptable 10M/s. Uptime has been good. Performance has been about average for a cheap LEB.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@rasmusj said: The support team closes tickets before they're even resolved.

I know it's not ideal but have you tried their live support? They do seem to be fairly active there

• its ok, quick support. no problems for me

• Me too. Quick support, everything is solved very quickly. The got some issue with the network about 3 months ago or so.

My uptime:

14:27:36 up 83 days, 20:25,  1 user,  load average: 0.13, 0.04, 0.01

They are using panel.comforthost.net to manage VPS, support and invoice. Did you try to login to panel.comforthost.net with given login details?

• Hi

Thanks for all your answers and support. Everything have been resolved with SpotVPS now. It was a "faulty" IP address and I got a new one. After that everything just works. Thanks guys.

RasmusJ

• Again.. anyone who are able to setup a PPTP VPN server on their nodes?

/RasmusJ

• @rasmusj said: Again.. anyone who are able to setup a PPTP VPN server on their nodes?

/RasmusJ

I didn't setup PPTP but I see that there is an option for enable/disable PPTP on their panel (panel.comforthost.net). You may take a look at that :D

• Got it working..

So, now when I have the VPN working. Anyone else problems launching Netflix for iOS? It's all white, and most VPN connections I use it's all white :(

/RasmusJ