Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I install XOR Patch or Obfsproxy for Nyr/Angristan OpenVPN installer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I install XOR Patch or Obfsproxy for Nyr/Angristan OpenVPN installer?

parca_neparca_ne Member
edited March 2017 in Help

Hi,

I really need your help. I am using Angristan OpenVPN (Nyr OpenVPN installer) installer. How do I install XOR Patch or Obfsproxy? I downloaded XOR Patch but I could not. How to install Patch? Which is easier to install? I could not find an article on the installation of XOR Patch on the internet, so I have to write here. Thanks. :)

Comments

• No one to help?

• @Yura

Nyr last active June 2016..

• WSSWSS Member

I believe every other month that this comes up, the person is ignored, or told to figure it out for themselves.

the OpenVPN crew themselves said:

"We (OpenVPN developers) do not encourage people building their own versions of OpenVPN changing the wire-protocol like this, without the patch being through a proper patch review and having evaluated possible security risks related to such a change.
    "And we especially discourage using such an approach when there exists a far better solution, used by the TOR community. It is called obfsproxy and can be used together with OpenVPN without needing any re-compilation of OpenVPN.

Look into obfsproxy.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2017

You can't. The script is already compiled and built.

If you want to install third party unsupported patch to openvpn (XOR Patch), you have to compile and build it right into it, which basically means traditional install of OpenVPN Community Edition along with some extra tweaks. Also, avoid using the version in OpenVPN forums, it was proven to be weak and buggy.

Instead use the xor patch provided by tunnelblick as they fixed some of the biggest issues with it. (insufficient parameter validation, null pointer dereferences, division by zero errors, and a buffer overflow)

• rincewindrincewind Member
    edited March 2017

patch is a standard command-line tool. To install/patch openvpn,

wget https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/archive/v2.3.12.tar.gz
    tar zxf v2.3.12.tar.gz
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clayface/openvpn_xorpatch/master/openvpn_xor.patch
    patch -p0 < openvpn_xor.patch
    cd openvpn-2.3.12
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install