Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net vs Kimsufi.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net vs Kimsufi.com

devEdevE Member

Hello Guys,
im looking for a small backup server, so the prices on online.net/kimsufi.com are similliar.
So what company got a better network / support?

regards deVE

Comments

• Use the search function. Has been discussed endlessly.

• Online is only in FR, but it seems to me they have their act together a bit more than OVH does.

• @willie said:
    Online is only in FR

what? FR location or language? Both wrong, they also have english support and location in Amsterdam

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Oh right, they have AMS, though apparently backhaul at least some of the traffic through Paris. Forgot about that. Those European places all look about the same from here ;-). The distinction I meant was that OVH has a working location in Canada, one starting to work in Australia, and some others in the pipeline.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Kimsufi; OVH's network is definitely better.

Pavin.

• @mailcheap said:
    Kimsufi; OVH's network is definitely better.

Pavin.

Until you get one with crap network. Online.net seems pretty stable all-around their network, although it might be crap to some places. Actually tunneling through an online.net serv to upload stuff at 100mbit/s to my kimsufi, wouldn't go past 60mbit without the tunnel.

• I recomended online.net if you need fast network.
    if need more storage go with kimsufi

• Go to kimsufi.com online.net has some strange rules you will feel sorry later

• XeiXei Member
    edited March 2017

They're both good. I had better overall network performance with OVH FR over Online.net AMS. That said they're both still excellent and I plan on getting a dedibox in the next sale.

• Online is gigabit but kimsufi is 100mbps only. I can upload 60-70 MB/s in torrents in online.net.

• @muratai said:
    Online is gigabit but kimsufi is 100mbps only. I can upload 60-70 MB/s in torrents in online.net.

I can 100 MB/s if have enough leechers

• There is something messed up with routing between OVH and Eastern Europe. I use Kimsufi for a very long time, but recently I cannot download anything faster than 16Mbits/s per 1 TCP connection. Dunno why...
    And it is not my ISP's fault (tested on the multiple locations/connections).
    Probably I will leave ovh and rent somethin' from online soon.

• czoobek said: There is something messed up with routing between OVH and Eastern Europe.

There is something messed up with routing between OVH and most of the world as far as single thread download speed to OVH is concerned - but it seems like this doesn't affect all their datacenters.

Where is your server located? RBX4?

• @datanoise said:

Where is your server located? RBX4?

In RBX1, do you have the same bandwidth issues in RBX4?

Good to know that I am not the only one with this but in fact it doesn't change anything. Basically because their support claims that everything is okay with their network..
    Sad but true.

• Yeah, many of us have the same problem in RBX4: slow single thread download speed to almost everywhere that is not in Paris or London... Upload seems fine.

czoobek said: Basically because their support claims that everything is okay with their network.. Sad but true.

Same here. They say they are still investigating though, let say there is some hope ;-)

To @evE: I think that online.net has better support (they have been really fast in my experience) + they offer Gbit. While some people seem to believe that OVH network is superior, I never had any problem with Online's network.

Thanked by 1czoobek
  • Yeah, they are investigating single session speed for almost 2 months, since I've submitted the ticket :) I think it's about time to pick up the dedibox.

• @twiigl said:

they also have english support and location in Amsterdam

may I get test IP for Amsterdam Online please

• on a 100 Mbit/s line? Yeah right.

MB stands for Megabyte.

@dragon1993 said:

@muratai said:
    Online is gigabit but kimsufi is 100mbps only. I can upload 60-70 MB/s in torrents in online.net.

• ewrekewrek Member

@muratai said:
    on a 100 Mbit/s line? Yeah right.

MB stands for Megabyte.

@dragon1993 said:

@muratai said:

I guess that he is talking about online.net.

• GromGrom Member

@datanoise said:

Same here. They say they are still investigating though, let say there is some hope ;-)

http://i.imgur.com/Agv6dsO.png

• It's online.net xc deals 1701.2, and i know MB is megabyte.

@muratai said:

MB stands for Megabyte.

@dragon1993 said:

@muratai said:

Thanked by 1muratai
  • r0xzr0xz Member

@dragon1993 said:
    It's online.net xc deals 1701.2, and i know MB is megabyte.

@muratai said:

MB stands for Megabyte.

@dragon1993 said:

@muratai said:

Must be linux iso...

• I thought you were talking about Kimsufi, not online.net

@dragon1993 said:
    It's online.net xc deals 1701.2, and i know MB is megabyte.

@muratai said:

MB stands for Megabyte.

@dragon1993 said:

@muratai said: