Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Das Keyboard
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Das Keyboard

RaymiiRaymii Member

Just bought myself a Das Keyboard, Ultimate (the blank one). Hope I like the touch just as much as my G15.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Keyboard

Any of the LET members typing on mechanical keyboards? How are your experiences? Prefer the Cherry MX Blue, Brown or something else?

Comments

• PmaddPmadd Member

I personally love my mechanical keyboard, as I game alot. My preference are black switches.

• I have the same keyboard (Das) with the keys. Absolutely love it.

• flyfly Member

if you're gonna be doing a lot of typing, you probably want to go with blues/reds/browns. blacks are really hard for typists, but probably best for gaming.

also, topre++

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Cherry blues are my jam, rocking a Filco ATM, although I love my KBX Poker too. Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless with cherry blues is just fantastic to type on:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WOF7S0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004WOF7S0&linkCode=as2&tag=72349082347-20

• Got a Logitech g710+

• i have 2 black widow ultimate theyre good but the numeric keys (1 and 5) gets stuck alot.

• Logitech G110 user here

• Got my self a qpad mk-50 last year I really liked it but I'm in love with cherry mx blue switches so i picked up a blackwidow 2013 ultimate too. So far I'm loving it and igot no problems what so ever.

• NickWNickW Member

On Das keyboards watch out for build quality with regard to the holders on the larger keys such as shift and return. Jiggle them side to side to see what I mean.

I have a Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja with Cherry MX Brown switches which I love. Getting the ninja was also a great decision.

• Typing this on an Ultimate Silent with MX Browns.

@NickW said:
    On Das keyboards watch out for build quality with regard to the holders on the larger keys such as shift and return. Jiggle them side to side to see what I mean.

I believe the new media editions are manufactured by a new OEM which has some quality issues like squishy keys for the large buttons. The Mac and the Silent editions are still manufactured by Costar, though.

• MauriceMaurice Member

CM Storm QuickFire Pro user here (Browns). These usually go on sale every so often for $60 or less so definitely a good starter board.

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    Scheduled Delivery: 
    Thursday, 05/30/2013, By End of Day

Can't Wait!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I had an AT keyboard with adapter to ps/2 which lasted me many years.
    Then I got a metal one from Compaq PS/2 486 and I still have.
    Sadly, PS/2 is no longera choice on some boards that ppl bring to me so I also have a serioux kit, mouse+keyboard wireless.
    It was some 25 Eur I believe. It is great for typing in bed and the cat doesnt like to sit on it as much as on the old one, so it collects less fur.

• I have a cherry G80-3000, It's perfect~:)

• adrockadrock Member

I use a Filco MJ2 with browns at home, a KBC poker and a KBT race both with blues round the house, and I've a G80-3000 with blacks which is going to be my work keyboard. Also a cherry g80-3700 numberpad with blacks and assorted custom keycaps used to trigger ahk macros. I also previously had a corsair K60 (reds).

i prefer browns in general though i haven't given blacks a prolonged try yet. blues are nice but would be too noisy for me if i used them all the time. reds were great for gaming but bottoming out on the thick aluminium plate on the K60 was both loud and fatiguing.

the filco is awesome, pricey but worth it for the build quality. i believe ducky have similar build quality and the CM storm rapid's are pretty solid, but I've not tried either myself yet.

• I like the Apple keyboards.

• I have a cheap keyboard that I bought for $10 9 years ago. Still working.

• I use KBC poker II blues. and also have cherry G80-3000 reds. ho~

• @adrock said:
    I use a Filco MJ2 with browns

I tried a tenkeyless MJ2 and I'd have to say it has everything my Das hasn't. No glossy bezel, tremendous build quality - best I have ever seen in a keyboard, no scratch prone body, and overall an impression of greater quality. Too bad it costs $200.

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    edited June 2013

I have the Das now a few days, and I'm loving it! Even the wife wants one...

• vnetvnet Member

Very ordinary keyboard? What are the characteristics?

• adrockadrock Member

Ellimist: I've not tried one myself but i believe the current range of Ducky boards have very similar build quality to the filco, plus depending on model, additional backlighting, same layout and choice of switches, and come with better (PBT rather than ABS) caps. They also seem to clock in a bit cheaper here in the UK than the filcos, though it may be different for you.