Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how can i fix this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how can i fix this?

Hello i created a fake customer on my site to check if everything was alirght.
but when i try to access file manager on my webhosting, it shows as web.myresellerhost.com
instead of my own webhosting. how can i change this?

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

I can already tell this isn't going to end well.

• Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

Thanked by 2Basil sharuu
  • @Ishaq said:
    I can already tell this isn't going to end well.

what do you mean?

@jiggawattz said:
    Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

you mean all services? if so, i don't have access to that. only my webhost

• You are using reseller?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Disaster in waiting.

Thanked by 2jahrinc tronyx
  • Indeed.

• kazurengankazurengan Member
    edited March 2017

@jetchirag said:
    You are using reseller?

yeah

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Give much MUCH more information, every single step.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • The cPanel will show the url of original host rather than customer.

• Shouldn't be a problen if the domain is hosted with the reseller, as cPanel added SNI for services.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I don't think this is really an unreasonable question. Guy's got a reseller and wants to white label it - like every reseller under the sun - and has found a leaky spot. And being cPanel, I don't find that surprising.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer.

OP, did you ask your provider?

Thanked by 2Junkless Amitz
  • @raindog308 said:
    I don't think this is really an unreasonable question. Guy's got a reseller and wants to white label it - like every reseller under the sun - and has found a leaky spot. And being cPanel, I don't find that surprising.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer.

OP, did you ask your provider?

yea but they take some time to answer. so i decided to post here.
    maybe you guys could help me.

• I decided to give it a check and what I've found is that you need to use url as yourdomain.tld:2083 and not url of your hosting company. I'm not sure if it's same for all hosts though

• @jetchirag said:
    I decided to give it a check and what I've found is that you need to use url as yourdomain.tld:2083 and not url of your hosting company. I'm not sure if it's same for all hosts though

actually i just noticed most of the DNS settings on WHM are with my host
    nameservers, weird because i registered my nameservers yesterday.
    also there are other things with their host, such as tcp.portal and other things.
    I tried to change the nameservers but somehow they go back to their host nameservers
    instead of mine

• x_x

• @jetchirag said:
    x_x

where did you find that btw? can i have the link?

• As others have said you can use your domain to access cpanel, you will get a certificate error though if you use the ssl port. There's no way around it I'm afraid. Most decent hosts have white label Hostnames that don't give away that your reselling.

• @northhosts said:
    As others have said you can use your domain to access cpanel, you will get a certificate error though if you use the ssl port. There's no way around it I'm afraid. Most decent hosts have white label Hostnames that don't give away that your reselling.

exactly, the whitelabel is labeled as my host nameservers.
    and for some reason the domain doesn't even work.

• kazurengankazurengan Member
    edited March 2017

This is what they answered me, not quite sure what they mean with this to be honest.

Where does it show web1.host.com? In the URL? This is the hostname of our server and if you are not using the secure link with your domain name the server will revert back to the secure link on the server.

• Is their server hostname the main domain of their business? if so that's stupid really.

• @northhosts said:
    Is their server hostname the main domain of their business? if so that's stupid really.
    @northhosts said:
    Is their server hostname the main domain of their business? if so that's stupid really.

It seems so, they also told me i could use
    Mydomain.com:2087 but im not sure how to change that, in dns settings i guess?
    Im afraid to mess up the settings

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Alot of information on google and plenty of youtube videos on how to do this. Took all of 3 secs.

• You can use domain:2083/7 with any domain hosted on same cpanel. Also, try that with domain.com/cpanel and domain.com/whm

• @jetchirag said:
    You can use domain:2083/7 with any domain hosted on same cpanel. Also, try that with domain.com/cpanel and domain.com/whm

Yes thats right, the thing is, how can i change to my domain instead of my hoster, so the customers didnt have to see their host name
    But would see mine in file manager

• As I said, provide them url of yourdomain.com/cpanel which will be auto redirected to correct port and with your host name

• imokimok Member
    edited March 2017

cPanel has an option (Tweak settings) to redirect to the hostname, so you can't use your own domain. This option seems to be activated by the root user

• getting the Cloudflare in front with their "Full" SSL will remove issue right.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited March 2017

Hold on; cPanel has had SNI for hostnames for a bit now.

It's possible - just add a subdomain like web1.domain.com and install a SSL certificate. Check the box with the "enable SNI for..." and you should be good.

In this case though, since the host forces a redirect, the best solution is a NGINX proxy.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    In this case though, since the host forces a redirect, the best solution is a NGINX proxy.

Have fun getting your proxy ip banned for too may invalid password attempts

• @teamacc

The trick is not having customers