Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help!

WorldWorld Veteran

Hi,I have a reseller hosting, Disk 10GB, but the actual footprint of only about 1GB, php probe showed capacity of only 7GB,what should i do?
From Google translate Chinese to English:我有一个经销商主机,Disk为10GB,但实际占用量才1GB左右,php探针显示容量仅剩下可用7GB,怎么办?

Comments

• Ask the provider?

• Well I'll get you a better translation...

I have a reseller hosting account with 10GB disk, I used about 1GB but the PHP probe showed only 7GB left, what should I do?

And I think you should always take the quota in your hosting panel as real usage, and you may want to ask your provider for more info.

我觉得应该以空间后台面板的统计为准,因为不清楚对方的主机到底是怎么搭建的,而且还有超售等等问题,如果你没法实际用到10GB直接找客服就好。

• WorldWorld Veteran

@AstroProfundis said:
    Well I'll get you a better translation...

我觉得应该以空间后台面板的统计为准,因为不清楚对方的主机到底是怎么搭建的,而且还有超售等等问题,如果你没法实际用到10GB直接找客服就好。

后台显示一切正常,但探针也好,使用的程度检测也好,都是达不到的。

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited May 2013

I thought this was an english forum... (no offence to @junjiang)

• WorldWorld Veteran

@joodle said:
    I thought this was an english forum...

Yes,But my Englishui is not well,so sometimes i use Chinese,sorry.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited May 2013

The provider is very likely to be overselling their storage (and hence servers).

• @junjiang said:
    后台显示一切正常,但探针也好,使用的程度检测也好,都是达不到的。

DMed you.

• pavspavs Member
    edited May 2013

@joodle said:
    I thought this was an english forum...

Give this guy a break. Most of the rest of the world doesn't speak english.

• aglodekaglodek Member

@joodle said: I thought this was an english forum...

It's a forum, i.e. a place for people to communicate and solve problems. Let them. Live and let live ;)

• Well, IMHO what @junjiang @AstroProfundis did up there, posting in two languages, is a good example to avoid confusion and miss-understanding, when English is not your native language.

What do you think @Liam ?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

If everyone would write in own native language we would have big mess here however I see no issue with posting same thing in two languages (native + translated) occasionaly to makes sometimes things easier (to avoid confusion and miss-understanding) - like in case above.

• WorldWorld Veteran

@Spirit said:
    If everyone would write in own native language we would have big mess here however I see no issue with posting same thing in two languages (native + translated) occasionaly to makes sometimes things easier (to avoid confusion and miss-understanding).

Yes,I think so.

• @Spirit said:
    sometimes things easier (to avoid confusion and miss-understanding) - like in case above.

+1

• @vRozenSch00n @Spirit Thanks :) He seems not good at English and I don't want to spam this thread with lots of Chinese words, so I think using both lang for the same content is the best way to make everyone understand what was going on.