Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling dedicated server

eltdatareltdatar Member
edited March 2017 in General

I hope I am posting in the correct category.
I am selling my rented dedicated server with serverloft as I don't need it anymore and I forgot to cancel it in time, the server is in their Europe data center (Strasbourg) server package is HPE ProLiant DL160 Gen9
2x Intel Xeon E5-2620v3, 12 Cores
64 GB DDR4-RAM ECC
2x 2 TB SATA
Software-RAID 1
1 Gbit/s port
This is 169 euros directly with em and I'm giving it for 100 euros, full ownership will be provided.
Payment is only by PayPal, anyone who is interested please pm me.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Joined 7:34AM

Thanked by 2jvnadr Ympker
  • GromGrom Member
    edited March 2017

nvm actually ~

• eltdatareltdatar Member
    edited March 2017

Do this applies to individuals too or just providers?
    Someone just linked the rules and edited nvm actually and someone stated my join time, I'm really confused :/

• eltdatar said: I'm really confused :/

It applies to providers. But who is gonna trust someone unknown that just signed up, to pay him via paypal 100 euros? I wouldn't...

edited March 2017

@jvnadr said:

eltdatar said: I'm really confused :/

It applies to providers. But who is gonna trust someone unknown that just signed up, to pay him via paypal 100 euros? I wouldn't...

The person who is taking this risk it's giving root details and it and access to the provider interface :), also I'm verified on PayPal and it's my main PayPal account I don't wanna screw it because of an dispute?

• eltdatar said: The person who is taking this risk it's giving root details and it and access to the provider interface :), also I'm verified on PayPal and it's my main PayPal account I don't wanna screw it because of an dispute?

Again: I don't know you, you may be the best and most trustworthy guy. But you may be not. I suppose full ownership will be transferred after you receive the money, and a non business transfer of money for virtual goods cannot be disputed on paypal, at least, easily. And the verification on paypal can be done after the buyer send you the money. So, in reality, there is no way to be protected...
    And, by saying "giving the root access" what do you mean? Are you going to sublet the server or transfer full ownership as you say in your initial message?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

I'm actually questioning if this is an advertisement for a host I've never heard of named serverloft. You even say "2x 2 TB SATA oder 2x 256 GB SSD" in which I take "oder" to be a typo (or German) for "or" because their website says "2x 2 TB SATA or 2x 256 GB SSD" for the first three servers listed, suggesting to me that you don't have 2x 2TB and 2x 256GB SSD, more likely referring to the order page, and why does the buyer have a choice if this server is already provisioned?

Care to weigh in?

edited March 2017

@jvnadr said:

eltdatar said: The person who is taking this risk it's giving root details and it and access to the provider interface :), also I'm verified on PayPal and it's my main PayPal account I don't wanna screw it because of an dispute?

Again: I don't know you, you may be the best and most trustworthy guy. But you may be not. I suppose full ownership will be transferred after you receive the money, and a non business transfer of money for virtual goods cannot be disputed on paypal, at least, easily. And the verification on paypal can be done after the buyer send you the money. So, in reality, there is no way to be protected...
    And, by saying "giving the root access" what do you mean? Are you going to sublet the server or transfer full ownership as you say in your initial message?

Wow so agresive providers while I try to cover a small loss, I guess there are some really hungry providers on here, I'm taking someone profit?

Buyer can request a transaction without under virtual goods :)
    And please inform yourself what provider interface means and reread what I said about root access witch is something different, while it's being offered before the purchase.

:))) such a hassle I should have keep my lose.

edited March 2017

@jarland said:
    I'm actually questioning if this is an advertisement for a host I've never heard of named serverloft. You even say "2x 2 TB SATA oder 2x 256 GB SSD" in which I take "oder" to be a typo (or German) for "or" because their website says "2x 2 TB SATA or 2x 256 GB SSD" for the first three servers listed, suggesting to me that you don't have 2x 2TB and 2x 256GB SSD, more likely referring to the order page, and why does the buyer have a choice if this server is already provisioned?

Care to weigh in?

Sorry I have copy pasted from the website im having the SATA version not SSD, correcting it now.

Thanked by 1jar
  • cociucociu Member

eltdatar said: Wow so agresive providers while I try contacting cover a small loss,

we care about our popcorn !

• YuraYura Member

$7

• flexflex Member

serverloft was bought in 2014 from the host europe group (uk).
    so i don't think eltdatar will advertise this brand here.
    but i won't bought the server from him because he is a newbie

Thanked by 1eltdatar
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@jarland: serverloft is a branch of hosteurope.de which belongs to HEG which is in the process of being sold from cinven to godaddy - https://www.heg.com/media-centre/corporate-news/godaddy-acquires-host-europe-group-becomes-market-leader-europe-small-business-cloud-services/

Thanked by 1jar
  • So €169/mo for a Godaddy server?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

eltdatar said: :))) such a hassle I should have keep my lose.

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

Don't listen to them! My $7 offer still stands.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@myhken said:
    So €169/mo for a Godaddy server?

HAHA :-) yes, that maybe the case some day... but so far HEG and all their subbrands have been very reliable and decent. after all they're not really into the lowend market and most of it probably proven to be sustainable... I guess they'll try to keep up that standard and I don't think godaddys interest is to just burn the brands.

• Wow so much hate in here, 169 euro for a Godaddy server oh the irony most of you guys have just 5 euros vpses :)))) or selling/reselling those including crappy servers.
    Really crappy community also :)
    In fact I won't sell it to anyone on here anymore, mod please close this to avoid further drama and rudeness.

• eltdatar said: Wow so much hate in here, 169 euro for a Godaddy server oh the irony most of you guys have just 5 euros vpses :)))) or selling/reselling those including crappy servers. Really crappy community also :) In fact I won't sell it to anyone on here anymore, mod please close this to avoid further drama and rudeness.

Yea, way to go to be liked here on LET.
    Like @Nekki says: cunt

• @myhken said:

eltdatar said: Wow so much hate in here, 169 euro for a Godaddy server oh the irony most of you guys have just 5 euros vpses :)))) or selling/reselling those including crappy servers. Really crappy community also :) In fact I won't sell it to anyone on here anymore, mod please close this to avoid further drama and rudeness.

Yea, way to go to be liked here on LET.
    Like @Nekki says: cunt

Truth hurts, I guess.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@eltdatar said: Really crappy community

@eltdatar said: mod please close this to avoid further drama and rudeness.

The irony.

Thanked by 3doghouch myhken tmwc
This discussion has been closed.