Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alphavps - just incredible
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

alphavps - just incredible

bsdguybsdguy Member
edited March 2017 in Reviews

I just read an email from alphavps and am kind of stunned.

Background: I got one of them crazy sales dedis from alphavps and I happen to have got a machine with hw raid. My OS, however, complained about some hard disk overheating on and off. So I opened a ticket and informed alphavps about it.

First positive thing: alphavps reacted almost immediately being somewhat bewildered because the disks in my machine happen to be new.

But now, BANG, some weeks later, I got another email. I myself had forgotten the issue because I thought that it wasn't serious after all and even if a disk crashed, so what, alphavps would slide in a new one, problem solved. After all, it's hw raid.

I was wrong. The rather long and detailed email offered me a view into how Alex and his people tick. It's just incredible. He described in quite some detail, what they have done, what they have taken into consideration, and that in the end it turned out to be a heat sensor gone crazy on the raid controller. Oh, and that they would exchange it, if I wanted or if it died and that I shouldn't worry because they have some more of exactly that controller model.

Just incredible.

I mean, we're talking about a single dirt cheap special and about a machine that is nicely working. And Alex and his team pulled off the full CSI kind of investigation, finding no rest before they had identified the problem and were able to assure me that they are prepared even for the unlikely worst case. And all that not in 2 lines but in what deserves to be called a full report.

I'm impressed. I would not have expected that that level of support and care even existed in anything below a 200$/month server and probably even then only for clients having 5 or 10 of those.

Wow. A big thank you and compliments to Alex and his team. Stellar service and customer care, really!

(I thought, with all those "I got scammed", "support at provider xyz is so bad", "No response in 4 days" etc. threads here it might be a good and pleasant change to shine some light on an excellent case, too)

Comments

• bsdguy said: Background: I got one of them crazy sales dedis from alphavps

Excellent report! Are there any more of them crazy sales dedis? I'm always on the lookout for those ;).

• /r/upliftingreviews . Lets have more

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @willie said:

bsdguy said: Background: I got one of them crazy sales dedis from alphavps

Excellent report! Are there any more of them crazy sales dedis? I'm always on the lookout for those ;).

Me not know. You'll have to ask Alex. What I can tell you is that I'm very content both with the machine and with alphavps, not just because of what I just described but generally.

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov
  • great to hear you happy with them
    may i know what this server spec and price ?

• Thanks for sharing this... I wish more providers could follow the same spirit rather than giving a stepmother treatment to the "super cheap" deals shunned to the lowest performing (and even faulty) nodes or Dedis

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Alex is good people for sure.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@bsdguy - thank you for the nice review! We're trying to offer very good and stable services to our customers, no matter if it's a special deal or a regular product - everyone should and does get the same support/network/etc. . Me and my whole team got extremely happy, after reading your words and we're very glad to have you as a customer!

@jarland - thank you as well!

A ton of new stuff will come this year - both on the infrastructure side of stuff, management and operations and products. All dedicated customers will benefit from new stuff and all VM-lines will start receicing their upgrades, in terms of hardware/performance. We're also in the process of aquiring some hardware for a rack over at the US, however I won't be disclosing any further details yet. :)

And last - about the special offers - it's currently out of stock, with no exact ETA on restocking. As my new machines do not support that many ram dimms, and it does not make sense for us to put bigger (say 16 gig sticks). It can be reconsidered on case by case basis, if the person is willing to wait for a deployment a longer time (with billing date properly reset) or is somewhat flexible on the RAM amounts.

Alex

• AlexBarakov said: It can be reconsidered on case by case basis, if the person is willing to wait for a deployment a longer time (with billing date properly reset) or is somewhat flexible on the RAM amounts.

Nice. What could you offer?

• saf31saf31 Member

I also had similar experience. I found out that network speed was bit slower than before and opened a ticket. They took it seriously and it was found out that the issue was caused probably for a switch that was recently replaced and the issue was resolved within few days. I have a dirt cheap vps with them which is only 12 euro/year, but the support staff took my issue very seriously. I wish them all the best :)

• sonicsonic Veteran

I got one of them crazy sales dedis

How crazy is it? :D

• 8C/16T (on a Xeon 56xx), 72 GB, 200GB (or something like that), 3 TB. 33€/mo if paid yearly. Can't remember exactly because I got a customized deal.
    Works very nicely, runs bloody fast (I'm not hunting passmark numbers but real world results) and the provider really cares about and works for his customers being happy.