Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrPad.net - horrible user experience - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrPad.net - horrible user experience

2»

Comments

• nerouxneroux Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    I don't care

A couple of days ago you did very much.

• Ah, I see. Client was suspended for a large amount of connections leaving his VPS that were causing issues for other clients. In this case, yes, we suspended you without first contacting you. We're not going to let something continue to happen that degrades the service for other paying clients and wait hours, maybe days for a response from a client to correct this. We will suspend, return the service to a stable state for everyone else, and then resolve the issue.

Now, why you are unable to login to our client area? I don't know. Your account is active, you're not suspended from our client area or anything. The ticket has sat for 3+ days without response from you. Even with no access to the client area you are capable of making responses via email.

• EvoEvo Member

MannDude, your statement is incorrect - in the last e-mail I asked you "Which are the acts that I've taken that are in violation of your TOS ? " and also asked that UrPad respond to the other questions. You simply ignored the e-mail and did not responded from 3 days.

@MannDude said:

Now, why you are unable to login to our client area? I don't know. Your account is active, you're not suspended from our client area or anything.

What do you mean that you don't know ? You don't know why an account is blocked from the client area, and that means that you should "ignore" the question ? Instead, maybe you should try to find the problem ?

@MannDude said:
    We will suspend, return the service to a stable state for everyone else, and then resolve the issue.

You forgot to mention that when you suspend the VPS, you will simply ignore the problem and will not bother to contact the customer and notify him that his VPS was suspended, and the reason for the suspension.

@MannDude said:
    We're not going to let something continue to happen that degrades the service for other paying clients and wait hours, maybe days for a response from a client to correct this

Unfortunately, the client is the one that waits for days to receive a response from you...

• @Evo he actually stated the reason

"Ah, I see. Client was suspended for a large amount of connections leaving his VPS that were causing issues for other clients. In this case, yes, we suspended you without first contacting you. We're not going to let something continue to happen that degrades the service for other paying clients and wait hours, maybe days for a response from a client to correct this"

• rds100rds100 Member

I can understand immediately stopping the abuse (i.e. by stopping the VPS) without waiting for the client's action. But not telling him what's going on is just wrong.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

They take a right decision but after suspending a vps they must need to notify customer(eg: Why VPS is suspended)

• I had a bad experience with them too. I moved from a shared host to a UrPad VPS and set everything up. Then a few hours later they suspended my account.

When I contacted them they claimed I was getting too many incoming connections. I asked them which port and was told port 80. Thing is if port 80 was being hammered Apache would have used up lots of RAM but nothing like that from the solusvm graphs. Anyway I ditched them and moved to intovps and it was fine. So no problems with shared host or intovps and no evidence of Apache servicing lots of connections but somehow urpad sees too many connections?

My guess is that whatever scripts/tools they use to monitor stuff are buggy.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited May 2013

Every providers have their own sets of rules and level of ToS & AUP. When a provider considered a user has breached their ToS & AUP, they might take action based on their incident handling policy.

I don't want to say bad things about Urpad because I know they are good, but I have seen several posts that seems to have a similar case. So, I hope this will be a lesson to all of us, users and providers.

Bad experience might comes as a result of a certain incident handling policy, which might cause a regular user to flee, while there are better ways to handle the breach as it might have been incidental.

Urpad's machine was good enough for me.

About a week later, several hours after I upgraded my Kloxo control panel to the latest release, I got suspended and later on I realized that Kloxo programmers had made a mistake in the script for the apache directives which caused a high load on the server.

Stupid me, I was panic and I posted this

After the incident, I simply look for another provider and move on, while leaving the machine idle and cancel it before the next due.

If it wasn't for the answer, I might have been using the service until now.

The point I'd like to share is that:

sometimes users/customers might come to the service desk in a state of panic, sometimes they cannot communicate well due to language barrier, sometimes there is an idiot and irritating "know everything" customers yelling and bad mouthing,

nevertheless, as a service desk staff, one have to be able to cool things down and make bad situation looks good, or at least acceptable.

Why am I writing this?
    Because once I was one of the Brady Bunch that sits behind the service desk listening the the sweet yelling and banging my fingers to the bones for a living. :)

• EvoEvo Member

@EZ_Shovehost said:
    Evo he actually stated the reason

"Ah, I see. Client was suspended for a large amount of connections leaving his VPS that were causing issues for other clients. In this case, yes, we suspended you without first contacting you. We're not going to let something continue to happen that degrades the service for other paying clients and wait hours, maybe days for a response from a client to correct this"

In their last reply, they said:

"It appears as you were taking out acts which are in violation of our TOS. When you violate the TOS we reserve the right to shut you down without warning."

It was implied that I've been taking "acts" that "deliberately" violate their TOS.

• EvoEvo Member

@vRozenSch00n, maybe you got lucky - you at least RECEIVED a suspension notification and according to their reply "Your issue was solved over 24 hours ago and VPS unsuspended. " - your VPS was unsuspended.

Mine is still down/suspended (too bad for them that SolusVM does not support "ignored" state of the VPS) for 4 days, 11 hours.

• @Evo said:
    vRozenSch00n, maybe you got lucky - you at least RECEIVED a suspension notification and according to their reply "Your issue was solved over 24 hours ago and VPS unsuspended. " - your VPS was unsuspended.

Well, I guess it is because I posted it on the offer page. No hard feeling though, as I've been in their position too.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Abdussamad - Their ToS states you must not:

Exceed 1,500 connections to their VPS

So if you are exceeding that then it's fair they suspended you I suppose.

• @Jack said:
    Too many incoming connections... was this before or after it was sold?

Before.

@W1V_Lee said:
    Abdussamad - Their ToS states you must not:

Exceed 1,500 connections to their VPS

So if you are exceeding that then it's fair they suspended you I suppose.

1,500 connections to my VPS would have knocked it offline. RAM usage would have skyrocketed. Yet there was no evidence of that in SolusVM graphs.

• kandosankandosan Member
    edited May 2013

Exceed 1,500 connections = shit provider

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited May 2013

@Zen said:
    A 1,500 connection limit is quite vague and odd. They aren't specifying the type of connection nor the bandwidth limits.

It's possible that crawlers passed that limit over a short period when you installed and configured Apache - which is why such an arbitrary limit is stupid.

I sure hope they don't have 'monitoring software' that is based entirely on the number of connections.. talk about technical ignorance :D

I guess something filled their TCP connection state table on the provider-closest layer 3 and 4 network node.

• @Jack said:
    ip_conntrack

Yep.

• Such a shame, Hope you the best in the future.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@Conn8ct said:
    Such a shame, Hope you the best in the future.

Do you need 5 posts to start to advertise offers at LET? If that's the case I am glad that someone read rules however you really don't need to bump up older threads if there's nothing relevant to add.

• I can pretty much vouch for the horrible user experience i had with em in mid 2011 (might have been even in 2012, can't really recall exact dates) Anyways, 80% up time, bad IO, network speeds. Rebooting at least once a day.

Created several support tickets about this and basically they gave me a "fuck you, we don't care"

So stay away from this shit host.

• They have a $12/yr 256MB offer in the UK. Maybe worth giving them a shot again if you need a UK VPS. Not seen a UK provider at this price for 256MB.

• EvoEvo Member

@asterisk14, their offer is "too good to be true" - if they're going to suspend you without notification and to reply after 4 hours of downtime that will give you 10 minutes access to the VPS to find the problem, it's not worth even the $12.