Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any similar offer like Vultr 125GB SATA Storage Instance ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any similar offer like Vultr 125GB SATA Storage Instance ?

It seems to be a very nice offer however sold out in Japan. Are there any other similar offers ?

• Los Angeles 、New York
  • Tokyo and Amsterdam has sold out

Storage Instance

• 1 CPU
  • 512M RAM
  • 1000GB Bandwidth
  • 125GB SATA
  • $5 / mo

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

mnx.io have some good storage plans.

Thanked by 2Leonn yomero
  • Leonn said: Are there any other similar offers ?

There are tons of good storage offers in US and EU. Fewer in Japan. What location do you want?

Thanked by 1Leonn
  • willie said: What location do you want?

Asia

• @trewq said:

They also have some damn nice KVMs.

@tragic will give you 500GB for $50/yr..

https://www.tragicservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=190

Thanked by 2Leonn perryoo11
  • @WSS said:

@trewq said:

They also have some damn nice KVMs.

@tragic will give you 500GB for $50/yr..

https://www.tragicservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=190

I'd suggest anyone interesting in a storage KVM to pick one of these up soon. We're almost sold out on our KVMs.

Roilan

• BUT he/she asking for Asia :D

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

How much bandwidth do you need? I am considering doing some 'storage' plans but the bandwidth allowances can't really be the same as Vultr or those other providers with higher contention networks.

I am referring to in Sydney BTW.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited February 2017

Oliver said: am considering doing some 'storage' plans but the bandwidth allowances can't really be the same

Oliver said: I am referring to in Sydney

Isn't Sydney really the problem here, in the sense of generally constrained Australian bandwidth?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

raindog308 said: Isn't Sydney really the problem here, in the sense of generally constrained Australian bandwidth?

I don't know? Is that a rhetorical question?

Australian bandwidth isn't constrained for anyone willing to pay what it costs here.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Oliver said: I don't know? Is that a rhetorical question?

Sorry, I didn't phrase it well...what I was trying to suggest was that if someone wants to offer storage VPSes in Asia, Sydney would be one of the higher cost places because Australia is more bandwidth-expensive than other parts.

• bersybersy Member
    edited February 2017

Leonn said:
    Location Los Angeles 、New York

Storage Instance

1 CPU

512M RAM
    1000GB Bandwidth
    125GB SATA
    $5 / mo

Letbox - 512MB/200GB/3TB KVM for $3/m in LA

Thanked by 1letbox
  • bersy said: in LA

I thought OP was looking for Asia which is harder.

• willie said: I thought OP was looking for Asia which is harder.

Indeed, you are right.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited February 2017

Open a ticket with Vultr, they might be able to put you on the waiting list.

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited March 2017

Is it true that Vultr uses Raid 0 or no Raid at all? Either of those is a deal breaker for me.

I think Digital Ocean uses Raid 10.

• I assume you are Chinese, but if you speak some Japanese, I used to have a storage plan with Kagoya Japan some years ago.

• J1021J1021 Member

@moonmartin said:
    Is it true that Vultr uses Raid 0 or no Raid at all? Either of those is a deal breaker for me.

I think Digital Ocean uses Raid 10.

Vultr use RAID.

• kcaj said: Vultr use RAID.

RAID 1 or 10? (I mean.. not RAID 0 right :p)

Any source? last time I read about that they didn't want to say that they used RAID, making everyone believe that there was no RAID.

As we haven't seen vultr data loss drama (or I missed it?) that could have been FAKE NEWS as would say the famous business man who wants to increase military spending - but I don't see the point in pretending you don't use RAID when you do.

• saf31saf31 Member

for 6.99 you can get 1tb nat kvm. https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2 , location is germany though.

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited March 2017

@datanoise said:

kcaj said: Vultr use RAID.

RAID 1 or 10? (I mean.. not RAID 0 right :p)

Any source? last time I read about that they didn't want to say that they used RAID, making everyone believe that there was no RAID.

As we haven't seen vultr data loss drama (or I missed it?) that could have been FAKE NEWS as would say the famous business man who wants to increase military spending - but I don't see the point in pretending you don't use RAID when you do.

I suspect they might use Raid 0. That is the only reason they would be so cagey about it.

All they have to do is release their tax returns be more up front about it if that is not the case.

Thanked by 1datanoise