Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need help with ZNC bouncer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need help with ZNC bouncer

erasereraser Member
edited February 2017 in Help

I have ZNC installed on my vserver and it's working fine to quakenet. I want to add another IRC network (efnet) to my bouncer and I have had no success ZNC bouncer Connect only to the first server (quakenet) .how to add multiple IRC networks such as EFnet and freenode onto a single user and be connected to both at the same time?

I'm quite stuck and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Not entirely sure what your problem is from that description but you are probably not specifying the network in your local irc client.

You need to setup one network in your local client for each network you have on your znc server if you want to connect to them simultaneously. You do this by entering zncuser/zncnetworkname in the username field.

So for both networks the settings in your local irc client would be identical apart from the username field.

• /msg *status help

/msg *status addserver

• Thank you @nyx @Ishaq

what i mean is

i set 2 Servers (2 Networks) on my ZNC bouncer

the first server is quakenet the second one is EFnet

now when i connect to my bouncer I'm only get connected to the first server

How can i be connected to both at the same time? and How can I set it over webmin

• Which ZNC version?

• nyxnyx Member
    edited February 2017

@eraser said:
    Thank you @nyx @Ishaq

what i mean is

i set 2 Servers (2 Networks) on my ZNC bouncer

the first server is quakenet the second one is EFnet

now when i connect to my bouncer I'm only get connected to the first server

How can i be connected to both at the same time? and How can I set it over webmin

You need two networks in your local IRC client, one for zncuser/quakenet and one for zncuser/efnet

http://wiki.znc.in/Connecting_to_ZNC

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited February 2017

@eraser As nyx said, you need to make separate connections to your bouncer for each network

Example: My bouncer is on vps.lowendtalk.com and I setup networks chat.freenode.net (freenode) and irc.oftc.net (oftc)

In my IRC client I make two different connections to vps.lowendtalk.com

Server password is jiggawattz/freenode:passw0rd and jiggawattz/oftc:passw0rd respectively, assuming that I named the networks "freenode" and "oftc" in ZNC.

jiggawattz and passw0rd are my ZNC username and password, not IRC nick and Nickserv password

• erasereraser Member
    edited February 2017

@nyx said:

You need two networks in your local IRC client, one for zncuser/quakenet and one for zncuser/efnet

As already mentioned i have set 2 Servers (2 Networks) on my ZNC bouncer

@Ishaq its version 1.4-2

• @eraser said:

@nyx said:

As already mentioned i have set 2 Servers (2 Networks) on my ZNC bouncer

I'm not referring to the networks on your ZNC. You need to setup 2 networks in your local IRC client e.g. HexChat, mIRC, irssi, xchat or whatever you use to connect to ZNC.

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited February 2017

in his mind, he think he can connect his znc through 2 irc server simultaneously with only 1 client connection

you must reread what people comment here

it was clearly you can't connect 2 server with 1 client connection at same time

you need 2 client connection to make it works

znc multi network feature only help you connecting your znc with same username on many network

in fact you need to connecting it one by one

eg. on mirc:

/s znc-server:znc-port username/network1

then create new window connection on mirc

/s -m znc-server:znc-port username/network2
    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • aah OK i see

It works perfectly now, thank you all

I have one last question

i use this script http://wiki.znc.in/MIRC to connect to all my netwoks set on znc

so each time i start mirc i get automatically connected to all the servers set on ZNC.

Now I Would like to change it The connection to znc Should not start automatically when I start mirc rather after I press the connect button and also only if znc is selectd as server

thanks