Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest a provider on australia or new zealand? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest a provider on australia or new zealand?

2»

Comments

• ^^ the prices look good, do you guys allow irc?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@enfield

IRC clients: yes

Daemons: yes for small or private networks but no if you want to join up to EFNet or something. ;)

Full TOS is here:
    http://www.ransomit.com.au/terms_of_service

• @Oliver said:
    Firstly thanks for the positive comments from my customers. I appreciate it.

dnwk if you email me and let me know what specifications you need for a KVM VPS (RAM, disk space, and approximate bandwidth) I will customise a quote for you. Email [email protected]

By the way the Rock Wallaby deal linked above can be brought down to the LEB-appropriate-$7 by using the promo code YELLOWFOOT.

I am getting this "The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms" . Could you tell us how to use the yellowfoot coupon? I tried it on Adelaide KVM VPS - Wallaby KVM VPS and the SSD one but it doesnt work.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member
    edited August 2013

Just bear in mind randsomit is in Adelaide...
    I get ~ 50ms trace routes from NZ to Adealide;
    and ~ 150ms trace routes from NZ to Seattle/San Jose/LA.

For the price difference, is that 100ms worth 5 to 10 times the price?
    http://www.kcbbs.gen.nz/cgi-bin/trace

(This is not having a go at randomit, but the crappy state of Australia's overland telco network and the exorbitant amount that they have to pay for it!)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Out of curiosity what is it to Sydney / Brisbane?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Between most capitals is 20-30ms (from the datacentres) and maybe 40-50ms to average broadband connections.

@enfield see the link from saltspork. :-)

• ATHKATHK Member

It's just so much cheaper to buy a server and use your home connection... If you live here in Australia that is..

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@ATHK Except you will have <2mbit upload speed, and if you live next to the exchange. Thats unless you can get cable and then it varies from 0.1mbit - 40mbit, and I am yet to see a cheap cable plan with decent allocations for this reason.

Any data-center based provider much cheaper in the bandwidth department. Exigent is probably the cheapest, I think I recall hearing they had dark fibers or some exclusive deal that was hamstringing the market a bit.

I am sure RansomIT can sort something out with the OP. @Oliver seems like a smart guy

• I have both Exigent (Sydney) and RansomIT. RansomIT is def more reliable which is perfect for DNS.

Exigent is decent minus occasional network issues though I've had this weird issue lately when network to my Xen VDS just totally stops working til rebooted, still haven't been able to track down the exact issue.

I will most likely be getting an LA node to handle some higher traffic / demanding sites for my AU clients. You can get sub ~200ms if you find the right provider with the right peering though it can't match the ~40ms to Brisbane from Exigent. They do have some nice peering overall and do their own BGP now. Launched KVM the other day too.