Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM w/ SSD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM w/ SSD

VerlVerl Member

Is anyone offering 256MB KVM with SSD? I'm looking for about 10GB of space.

Comments

• VerlVerl Member

In the US. = ) I want something cheap. $2 a month but has to be KVM.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited May 2013

$2 for 10GB SSD? Not going to happen.

• VerlVerl Member

$3?

• danodano Member

256mb mem and 10gb SSD for 3 bucks a month -- ya, still a stretch, but prolly some openvz stuff for that price somewhere.

• Consider yourself lucky if you find it for $7 from a decent provider.

• VerlVerl Member

Thanks guys.... i'm new here. I appreciate the info.

• VerlVerl Member

What do you guys us mostly? OpenVZ or KVM? The reason i wanted KVM was because i'm told it can't really be oversold.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

Double your budget to $6, you'll be happy with @George_Fusioned if you really want KVM.

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/fusioned-3-99-256mb-kvm-ssd-or-cached-in-netherlands/

• @Verl said:
    What do you guys us mostly? OpenVZ or KVM? The reason i wanted KVM was because i'm told it can't really be oversold.

Technically it can. If you don't need anything KVM specific then you won't notice the difference if you go with a decent company. For US, Ramnode from @Nick_A or for EU, INIZ from @Patrick

• aglodekaglodek Member

Overselling is more a function of the provider than VM technology. Plus nothing wrong with overselling if monitored and managed intelligently. That's the whole benefit of virtualization, intelligent sharing of resources, win-win ;)

This said, in my experience, KVMs tend to be more stable. Not to mention that you can tweak them, partition your disk, set up swap, install OS from templates (if provided) or ISO images, run any OS you need. Standard SolusVM templates go only so far.

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited May 2013

Although a little out of your budget, I'd suggest Ramnode, it's $6 for their 256MB SSD KVM in Atlanta (none available in Seattle right now) but if you use the promo code LET35 you get 35% off which brings it down to $3.90/month if my math is correct. Blazing fast, can't say enough good about @Nick_A's services :D

• talsittalsit Member

Concur on Ramnode. I got a 256 KVM for testing at $3.90/month. Works great, support is fantastic

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for the mentions, guys!