Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared VS Pageclick (Reseller): What do you prefer? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared VS Pageclick (Reseller): What do you prefer?

2»

Comments

• I hope same but still sums up to be a great host :) @ishaq

Thanked by 1gapper
  • gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

Yep, they provide friendly and quick support and respect customers, which is good.

• Yeah, I remember times when @Ishaq didn't ban me for calling him Dr. Evil via some silly gif. (Even if it IS true!) We all had a laugh, drank a few rounds of beer, went to Disneyland and fooled around by making inappropriate political jokes at Donald Duck's expense. It was last week.

Good times.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2017

@gapper So, you want to setup an online shop with Prestashop -basically, rely your entire online operation- on a shared hosting plan costs 10$ per year... And you are getting again and again here to complain for the load of prestashop installation that lead it to fail...
    Got news for you: despite your incapability on troubleshooting things, there is a small button in CPanel that called "Softaculous". I just installed Prestashop 1,6 via softaculous on a reselle pagclick's plan. It took 1 minute and it is working like a charm...

An advice: you cannot start an online business relying on a 0.8$ shared plan per month. Or... reselling such a plan!

• gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

My dear @jvnadr please don't assume things when you don't know the intented use of this reseller plan. I already provided details to them via support ticket.

It's not that I'm incapable of fixing stuff... it is just that I don't control the server nor have root access and that's why I have to guess what might be wrong. If it were a VPS or a dedicated then I would log and check httpd/php/mysql logs to find the issue and then adjust settings properly.

I know about Softaculous, Fantastico and stuff like that, but I need to install in the classic way. Why? Well, details provided to them via support ticket.

I'm not starting an online business nor trying to host anything critical here... again, don't assume things when you don't know anything about my needs.

Have a nice day.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Buyshared is also a "game of nodes". Not all of them are the same feature-wise and performance-wise.

E.g. LU01 has zero to no downtime while LU04 has those 1 minute blips all the time, but LU01 lacks php modules that LU04 has.

• @jvnadr I don't find any problem by opening an online business on 10/yr plan,,, buyshared has a close price and also a free ip, and its incredibly fast. + daily backups.

• gapper said: I'm not starting an online business nor trying to host anything critical here... again, don't assume things when you don't know anything about my needs.

Fair enough.

Jorbox said: I don't find any problem by opening an online business on 10/yr plan

All I'm saying that I don't have great expectations on a 10$/y plan. I use both Buyshared and Pageclick hosting parts of sites (needing on a CPanel account, portability of some apps and other things I do) and both are working like a charm.

Anyway, it was a hard day for me and maybe I was bitter and unfair with @gapper. I am really happy with the performance of Pageclick and I don't like good and helpful providers be under the spotlight when clients buying their cheap plans are thinking they have a box with performance similar to a $$$$ dedicated server.

• @jvnadr
    a lot of providers have the same price or even less for stable service , we are not comparing it with a $$$$ dedicated server,

• @gapper said:
    My dear @jvnadr please don't assume things when you don't know the intented use of this reseller plan. I already provided details to them via support ticket.

It's not that I'm incapable of fixing stuff... it is just that I don't control the server nor have root access and that's why I have to guess what might be wrong. If it were a VPS or a dedicated then I would log and check httpd/php/mysql logs to find the issue and then adjust settings properly.

I know about Softaculous, Fantastico and stuff like that, but I need to install in the classic way. Why? Well, details provided to them via support ticket.

I'm not starting an online business nor trying to host anything critical here... again, don't assume things when you don't know anything about my needs.

Have a nice day.

You also don't have to vent your issues/problems here. This is LowEndHelpDesk after all, and @Ishaq has a support system :P

Side note: found the image

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

tr1cky said: game of nodes

Fartmother

Solved Problem

I've Got 50 Filthy Domains and Two Servers

Game of Nodes

This place has turned into a memenado.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2017

He lied too - you're selling hosting off another dedi, not a "master reseller."

@Ishaq Even though he lost, you shouldn't rub it in his face.

• @Jorbox said:
    I think In buyshared you get real reseller because they have their own DC
    In pageclick you get SubReseller from a MasterReseller
    So you cannot compare them!
    Buyshared can provide ipv4 easily becuse they own the hardware and the cost is less than reselling others services.

Are you okay?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @doghouch correct me if I'm wrong!

• Closed

It's actually turning to generate heat and any admin could please turn of comments?

• @doghouch said: @Ishaq Even though he lost, you shouldn't rub it in his face.

Fair point. I take it back.

This has gone offtopic anyway, time to close I think.

This discussion has been closed.