Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virgin never used ip blocks for rent - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virgin never used ip blocks for rent

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Either way can you PM me some details so I can check they are genuine and virgin I may make you an offer.

• emreemre Member, LIR

@AnthonySmith

Yes , of course you are right.

And I am not storing anything really. I've got a new idea on my mind now.

Let's not make this public at the moment.

I am in no way interested in feeding spammers. I hate them. I spend my precious hours everyday to fight with them!.

Thanked by 1Blackmerger
  • @FRCorey said: 2.5 an ip ROFL they're lowballing you.. I've seen up to 25 per ip offered on some trading sites.
    @vdnet said: For a lease? I've seen 25/IP one-time for legacy space not for a lease. Are we talking annually or monthly?

What's "legacy space"?

• emreemre Member, LIR

@aglodek

legacy space is the ip space allocated before RIR's established.

What is legacy address space?

Legacy address space refers to the address blocks allocated by the central Internet Registry (IR) prior to the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs). This address space is now administered by individual RIRs as noted, including maintenance of Whois Directories and reverse DNS records. Assignments from these blocks are distributed globally on a regional basis.

http://www.apnic.net/services/services-apnic-provides/registration-services/resource-quality-assurance/faq#legacyspace

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • But I don't want to hand them to some organized spam operation just for money. I am open to all suggestions. PM me if you are interested.

But you want to profit from them, right? You could just mark them up 100% and sell them here if money isn't the motivation.

• Who would lease IPs on a short term basis without guarantee that they can keep them forever (for a reasonable fee)?
    If one gets the IPs and gives them to customers, and after some time they have to renumber... it's not good for the business.
    Only spammers need IPs on a short term basis.

• interesting but what if i am not hosting provider but just a user?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@johnlth93 said:
    interesting but what if i am not hosting provider but just a user?

Then you don't need a /22.

• @Nyr said:
    Then you don't need a /22.

Well i read that OP said can be devided, so maybe a /24 would be awesome since i am a VPN provider and having my own ip might be awesome =) just saying.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    Who would lease IPs on a short term basis without guarantee that they can keep them forever (for a reasonable fee)?
    If one gets the IPs and gives them to customers, and after some time they have to renumber... it's not good for the business.
    Only spammers need IPs on a short term basis.

+1 My thoughts exactly when I read this thread all those months ago. Renumbering will end up costing alot in reputation and lost customers. Just wait for a company to go under / for sale and make an offer on their addresses, I have seen this happen a few times this year and reasonable prices are usually achieved. I don't know the policy for inter-RIR transfers but I assume its not too difficult but I suppose that depends on their local policy.

• I agree, I have various uses for IPs outside of hosting... but 'renting' the block sounds like the potential to pull the proverbial rug.

• @SplitIce said:
    +1 My thoughts exactly when I read this thread all those months ago. Renumbering will end up costing alot in reputation and lost customers. Just wait for a company to go under / for sale and make an offer on their addresses, I have seen this happen a few times this year and reasonable prices are usually achieved. I don't know the policy for inter-RIR transfers but I assume its not too difficult but I suppose that depends on their local policy.

Psssss, don't tell all the industry secrets.

Thanked by 1SplitIce