Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I install and work with Prestashop on shared hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I install and work with Prestashop on shared hosting?

gappergapper Member
edited February 2017 in General

I'm trying to install Prestashop 1.7.0.5 on a shared hosting plan and it shows error 503 and it looks like the installer is trying to use a lot of CPU power. Is this normal or it depends on the restrictions set by the hosting provider on their Cloudlinux setup?

Comments

• I know about that man, I'm not that newbie (even if you think so). I meet all the software requirements i.e. PHP and its modules, MySQL, etc.

The problem is that due to CPU limitations set on Cloudlinux, I'm unable to install Prestashop 1.7.0.5 on a shared hosting account. A friend of mine who is hosted on another provider is able to install it, however I'm not.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

@gapper said:
    I know about that man, I'm not that newbie (even if you think so). I meet all the software requirements i.e. PHP and its modules, MySQL, etc.

The problem is that due to CPU limitations set on Cloudlinux, I'm unable to install Prestashop 1.7.0.5 on a shared hosting account. A friend of mine who is hosted on another provider is able to install it, however I'm not.

... Ask your provider about the CPU limits then... Most of the stuff you've been asking here recently should be a ticket to your hosting provider.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

I'm already dealing this problem with my provider, I just wanted to gather other people's experiences about working with Prestashop on shared hosting providers.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@gapper said:
    I'm already dealing this problem with my provider, I just wanted to gather other people's experiences about working with Prestashop on shared hosting providers.

Perhaps you need to phrase your posts better. The way I read it you had an issue and came straight here to ask why.

• You could install prestashop on another hosting then migrate files and database to shared hosting.
    I installed a staging site on serverhub reseller hosting not long ago.

• LowEndGapperHelpDesk

Thanked by 2doughmanes doghouch
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited February 2017

"Can I install and work with Prestashop on shared hosting?"

After all these threads, I think the answer is a definitive no. Maybe some can, but you cannot.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WSS said: LowEndGapperHelpDesk

"Some time, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys, ask them to go in there with all they've got and install Prestashop just once the Gapper. I don't know where I'll be then. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy."

Thanked by 2WSS doughmanes
  • @raindog308 I like how Gapper comes, complains, then asks for help, and rejects suggestion.

He definitely isn't a smart aleck. We should've seen this by now.........

• He doesn't like me apparently :(

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • Just for the hell of it, I took a completely wiped OVZ instance with decent RAM and disk space, installed a generic LAMP stack, and Prestashop.

Five minutes.

• Unless you can setup Apache and create a Database, you will not be able to use PrestaShop.

Most CPanel and other hosts are capable of managing MySQL and Virtualhosts, so- it is possible you can set it up. As far as managing it? Doubtful. If you can't be arsed to bother googling "Setup Prestashop on ", you are never going to handle managing a shop.

• @doughmanes said:
    He doesn't like me apparently :(

Come here, I will give you a hug <3

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Everything got fixed by Ishaq and Jordan, who were very helpful in dealing with this problem and had a lot of patience with me until everything got fixed. Thank you guys!

Mods please close thread, thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.