Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeDeploy - 1GB KVM 50GB DISK $6.95 - 1.5GB VZ $4.25 - Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeDeploy - 1GB KVM 50GB DISK $6.95 - 1.5GB VZ $4.25 - Germany

Ben1002Ben1002 Member
edited May 2013 in Offers

Node Specs:

KVM: E5 2620 64GB DDR3 8x1TB in HW RAID 10 2x1GBit bonded port

OVZ: E3 1230 V2 32GB DDR3 4x1TB in HW RAID 10 2x1Gbit bonded port

Plans

VZ

1024MB DEDICATED RAM

512MB VSwap

60GB DEDICATED DISK

1TB PREMIUM BW

MULTIPLE LINUX OS'S

1 IPV4 / 10 IPV6 $4.25

https://nodedeploy.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=6

KVM

4 Cores @ 2.0hz

1GB Dedicated RAM

50GB RAID 10 Backed DISK

Unmetered Inbound / 350GB Out

2x1000 mbit fully burstable

1 Dedicated IPv4 Linux Only (Windows on request, if you have a valid license) $6.95/mo

https://nodedeploy.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=35

As usual be sure to check out our server status page here and our stock status here

Freebies -:

Inbuilt DDOS protected anycast DNS 10GB Backup space either via NFS mount or FTP/SFTP

Comments

• Picked one of these up. Server time was wrong and never got a response from support. Cancelled my account and asked for a refund.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

@NodePing said:
    Picked one of these up. Server time was wrong and never got a response from support. Cancelled my account and asked for a refund.

No offence, but you seem to have a bad experience with 75% of the hosts you've been with from what I can see. Maybe you're just being too hasty? Keep in mind it is a weekend..

• awsonawson Member

@NodePing said:
    Server time was wrong

How is that their problem...? Update the time yourself, damn.

• sonicsonic Veteran

I hate your ugly homepage :(

• @awson said:

I'm unable to update the time myself. I get an error "Operation not permitted" when trying to change time as root. Seems some visualization servers required the guest vms to be in sync with the host vm and won't let you change the time. I can change the timezone within the OS, but not the clock.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

@awson said:

This is a restriction with OpenVZ virtualisation and doesn't allow VMs to edit VPS timezone so correct timezone on node is required.

http://openvz.org/Timezone

• NodePingNodePing Member
    edited May 2013

@Infinity said:
    No offence, but you seem to have a bad experience with 75% of the hosts you've been with from what I can see. Maybe you're just being too hasty? Keep in mind it is a weekend..

We kick the tires on a lot of providers, LET/LEB and otherwise. It probably appears I complain a lot because I don't usually leave positive feedback when things work right. I probably should do more of that. Sorry if I sound a bit cranky.

I've always appreciated folks leaving feedback, good and bad. It helps the decision making process for anyone considering a provider.

Perhaps I am being too hasty but I think 14 hours to reply to a ticket I marked as 'high' urgency is pretty patient. Maybe I'm expecting too much from NodeDeploy. If that's the case, they're probably not the provider I need.

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited May 2013

@Nodeping Not being funny but there are a number of issues here with your attitude.

1) Ticket originally submited at 01:13 on a bank holiday weekend
    2) Ticket further bumped at 04:00
    3) Cancellation request submitted

Honestly I'm glad you've submitted your request because we sure don't want customers who throw a hissy fit when they don't get a response in a time that you expect, it was the middle of the night on a weekend, baring in mind you paid $4.25 so i don't quite understand the expectations you have with response time. Had you waited this would have been resolved.

If you need absolute control of your machine, get KVM and get off the OVZ wagon all together, there are known clock drifts on OPENVZ, it's just the way it is.

Edit: Little harsh, redacted

• @BradND said:

First, thanks for the refund. It was the stand-up thing to do and I respect that. You didn't have to. I'm grateful.

I'm sorry you see my honest feedback as a hissy fit. I've got nothing against NodeDeploy or you. Just relaying my experience.

1) Ticket originally submited at 01:13 on a bank holiday weekend
    2) Ticket further bumped at 04:00
    3) Cancellation request submitted

I don't know much about UK bank weekends, sorry. But I do expect at least an acknowledgement when I make a support request and bump it a few hours later.

Your site says "All enquiries and questions will be answered in under 2 hours." I don't see anything about exceptions for bank holidays or weekends.

I cancelled only after I received no response at all after 14 hours.

I understand a bit of clock drift. I have many openvz boxes and if the host is syncing with an ntp server daily, that drift shouldn't be more than a few seconds typically. This one was 3.5 minutes slow. KVM would have avoided this problem, true. But I cancelled because of lack of support, not because the server was 3.5 mins slow.

i don't quite understand the expectations you have with response time. Had you waited this would have been resolved.

My expectation was only the one you set on your home page - two hours or less. If it said "24 hours or less" I would have have waited longer than the 14 hours I did wait.

I don't remember reading when I signed up with this LET discount that my support requests would receive lower priority because I was paying less. Somehow I doubt my request would have gotten a response if I were paying 'full price' though.

Best of luck to you and thanks again for the refund.

• BradNDBradND Member

@Zen said:
    BradND

We figured that, but review & customer relations aside - from a technical aspect not having automated time syncs with ntp on a OVZ box is wrong. Should be default configuration on all nodes.

You would sure save yourself time dealing with these tickets.

Automated NTP is enabled... it just drifts on OVZ and i suspect when the ticket was sent the cron didn't ping, maybe i'll lower it from an hour to 5 mins :(

@NodePing

Alrighty, well no hard feelings, today I'm a little grumpy... I need some beers i think ;)

Take care!

• @NodePing said:
    Picked one of these up. Server time was wrong and never got a response from support. Cancelled my account and asked for a refund.

Lol WHAT? Sorry? For this LOWER price Nodedeploy must kiss your a? Or lick your as? Sorry, but if you are *umb, it's your problem, not nodedeploy problems.

Thank you a lot for bad reviews for nodedeploy!

P.S. to normal customers: cheap, and equal to their price.

• sleddogsleddog Member

@BradND said:
    Automated NTP is enabled... it just drifts on OVZ and i suspect when the ticket was sent the cron didn't ping, maybe i'll lower it from an hour to 5 mins :(

@Zen said:
    3.5 minute drift in 1 hour? doubt it. got many nodes running 24 hour cron and don't get 3.5 minute drifts per 24 hours.

Curious to know why you guys are running ntpd via cron instead of using the ntpd daemon....

• D3vilD3vil Member

can you provide test ip?

• emreemre Member, LIR

Out of Stock

• seriesnseriesn Member

@profiler said:
    Lol WHAT? Sorry? For this LOWER price Nodedeploy must kiss your a? Or lick your as? Sorry, but if you are *umb, it's your problem, not nodedeploy problems.

Thank you a lot for bad reviews for nodedeploy!

P.S. to normal customers: cheap, and equal to their price.

How old are you again?

• @seriesn said:
    How old are you again?

Sorry, incorrect question. This question ask or fat trolls, or stupid schoolgirls. I do not see green skin on you. So.

• we sure don't want customers who throw a hissy fit when they don't get a response in a time that you expect

Running a business and unreasonable customers who throw a hissy fit go hand in hand. If you're running a business you just need to learn to deal with it and not let the angry asshole on the other end of the phone line (or the asshole typing an email in all caps) bother you, and never show your anger when interacting with an angry customer (printing out their photo and using it as a dart board in private is perfectly acceptable though :P )