Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US vps for netflix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US vps for netflix

sanvitsanvit Member
edited February 2017 in Requests

looking for vps to use as a vpn server to watch netflix.

vps type : any / hdd : 5g / ram : 256-512 / cpu : 1 shared / bandwith :100G / port : 100M (1G perferred)

please tell me your offers!

Comments

• well, is netflix unblocked using their VPS? if so i'll give it a try (it seems a bit overspeced, but there aren't many options...)!

• sanvit said: well, is netflix unblocked using their VPS? if so i'll give it a try (it seems a bit overspeced, but there aren't many options...)!

Sorry, I don't know if Netflix works. what's your budget?

• @MrKaruppu said:

sanvit said: well, is netflix unblocked using their VPS? if so i'll give it a try (it seems a bit overspeced, but there aren't many options...)!

Sorry, I don't know if Netflix works. what's your budget?

I'm running cheap this month. Plus, i don't want to pay for resources i'm not gonna use. So in short : the cheaper the better! Any suggestion please?

• sanvit said: I'm running cheap this month. Plus, i don't want to pay for resources i'm not gonna use. So in short : the cheaper the better! Any suggestion please?

:) Give us a number. Don't be shy :)

• @MrKaruppu said:

sanvit said: I'm running cheap this month. Plus, i don't want to pay for resources i'm not gonna use. So in short : the cheaper the better! Any suggestion please?

:) Give us a number. Don't be shy :)

well, thinking of less than $1.5 but depends on the offer given

• MrKaruppuMrKaruppu Member
    edited February 2017

VortexNode used to have a VPS around $1.99 slight higher than your actual budget. @VortexMagnus might be able to help you.

I have a VPS with following specs at NodeServ for $1.5/month

100 GB Hard Drive |
    1000 GB Bandwidth |
    512 MB Dedicated RAM |
    512 MB vSwap |
    1 Gbps Link Speed |
    2 CPU Cores |
    20 IPv6 |
    1 IPv4 Dedicated Address

I can give SSH access. Bitcoin and Paypal accepted.I can look into bank transfer based on your country.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I think, unfortunately, that you'll find that Netflix has been very thorough in blocking DC IPs...

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

raindog308 said: I think, unfortunately, that you'll find that Netflix has been very thorough in blocking DC IPs...

Yep, I've tried quite a few providers, all of them blocked.
    Ended up using TorGuard proxy for Netflix, works great, but it's $8.95/mo, which is out of OP's budget range.

• raindog308 said: I think, unfortunately, that you'll find that Netflix has been very thorough in blocking DC IPs...

I think @raindog308 is right. Looks like most of the VPNs are blocked as well.

• OP, give up the solo-fight against US Netflix censorship otherwise you're going to be swapping VPSs pretty often. Rather, just grab a VPN account from an established provider and let them handle all the evasion worries.

Fortunately, I'm pretty ok with our Canadian Netflix. Not the best, but saves me from having to bother with censorship evasion.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BeardyUnixGuy said: Rather, just grab a VPN account from an established provider and let them handle all the evasion worries.

Are there still VPN providers who guarantee Netflix? @MrKaruppu's link suggests they're all blocked.

• MrKaruppu said: I have a VPS with following specs at NodeServ for $1.5/month

100 GB Hard Drive | 1000 GB Bandwidth | 512 MB Dedicated RAM | 512 MB vSwap | 1 Gbps Link Speed | 2 CPU Cores | 20 IPv6 | 1 IPv4 Dedicated Address

I can give SSH access. Bitcoin and Paypal accepted.I can look into bank transfer based on your country.

does this unblock U.S. Netflix? if it does, please PM me!

raindog308 said: I think, unfortunately, that you'll find that Netflix has been very thorough in blocking DC IPs...

I guess so too... Have been trying numbers of VPSs, all blocked...

HBAndrei said: Yep, I've tried quite a few providers, all of them blocked.

Ended up using TorGuard proxy for Netflix, works great, but it's $8.95/mo, which is out of OP's budget range.

Well, I have considered TorGuard as it was mentioned on reddit, but paying $9 to unblock
    a service that costs $9 didn't sound tempting to me... Plus, with that money, I'll rather pay for a seedbox and a plex server..

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    OP, give up the solo-fight against US Netflix censorship otherwise you're going to be swapping VPSs pretty often. Rather, just grab a VPN account from an established provider and let them handle all the evasion worries.

Fortunately, I'm pretty ok with our Canadian Netflix. Not the best, but saves me from having to bother with censorship evasion.

At least canadian netflix has some disneys in it. Being stuck in a Korean netflix is horrible...

• raindog308 said: Are there still VPN providers who guarantee Netflix? @MrKaruppu's link suggests they're all blocked.

>

They do not 'guarantee' Netflix, but VyperVPN worked for me for U.S. regions.

• Not hard for Netflix to research major DCs and block by ASN

• @raindog308 said:

BeardyUnixGuy said: Rather, just grab a VPN account from an established provider and let them handle all the evasion worries.

Are there still VPN providers who guarantee Netflix? @MrKaruppu's link suggests they're all blocked.

There are still a handful of providers that work well, but I'm kinda hesitant to mention which ones I use.