Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPMonitr Uptime and IP Blacklist Monitor Open Beta - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPMonitr Uptime and IP Blacklist Monitor Open Beta

2»

Comments

• Awmusic12635 you are a piece of shit. I just wanted to say that. Thank you.

Thanked by 1JackH
  • That's only for me. Bring more!!!!

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

You are correct that our service is inspired by yours.

The design itself was developed by the same people that do all our websites, akdesigner. When describing the type of design that we want made we typically provide examples of others sites that we like. For when we had our hosting site designed it was other hosting company's sites. This allows them to know the type of site we like and to take inspiration from. Hetrixtools was one of the sites we provided. It is much easier to convey what we want with pictures rather than struggling over descriptions.

The design itself has changed a lot over the last few months. we had it in private beta with a few individuals where we got a lot of good feedback. So much so that we had to make a large amount of interface changes to improve the look. This is a snip of the 25+ changes we had written down to change: https://www.evernote.com/l/AEDEnuvtceBAoIKwiK49r5ynhJ7z2DyESH8 . The original design featured a lot of filler text. I thought I had removed and updated all of it, but I guess I focused too much on editing the static site vs the application itself and that is purely my fault. I apologize for that and will make it right. I do not want to steal from your hard work.

I have been planning this since 2013, which unfortunately my original plans fell through at that point. It was easy for me to get swept up in the excitement that came from working on it and realizing it was finally becoming something usable after thinking about it for so long.

I will disable signups until this is corrected.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

Awmusic12635 said: Hetrixtools was one of the sites we provided. It is much easier to convey what we want with pictures rather than struggling over descriptions.

I'm sorry but it looks like my site was the only one that you provided to your designers, and pretty much said "you see that? I want exactly that."

And the design changes you wrote down in your evernote, are merely changes/tweaks to the already ripped off platform layout and content.

Awmusic12635 said: You are correct that our service is inspired by yours.

I have not insulted you, and I would kindly ask the same level of respect in return, so please don't insult me (and anyone else viewing this thread) by calling this copy/paste activity an "inspiration".

There's one thing being inspired from other sources (ofc you don't need to re-invent the Internet) ... but there's an entirely different thing to blatantly copy/paste everything from one site to another, then simply change some details and call it your own.

I hope that the proof samples from this post and my previous post will speak for themselves.

Sample 1 - almost identical ripoff:
    - screenshot (yours on the left vs. mine on the right)

Sample 2 - uptime report layout, identical text and almost identical layout:
    - screenshot (top mine vs. bottom yours)

Sample 3 - blacklist report layout, again identical text and almost identical layout:
    - mine vs. yours

Sample 4 - even the notification email layout, completely ripped off including exact same text:
    - my emails (had to look for a slightly older email, because we've recently implemented some new features that added new elements to the emails, features that your platform hasn't "implemented" yet)
    - your emails

Sample 5 - not even 10 days ago your site had my exact text and presentation screenshots on it:
    - cache link
    - screenshot of the content I'm referring to from your site cache
    - same text and screenshot are found on my website's main page

Sample 6 - you even copied my exact tweets:
    - same cached page as above
    - screenshot of "your tweets" from the cache
    - copy/paste from my actual tweet

These are just a few of the examples.

Inspiration would be looking at multiple websites and coming up with your own version; inspiration does not mean to literally copy/paste a website and its features, redesign some elements & change some text, then call it your own.

I've said my peace, and I think there's enough info and proof so that anyone going through this thread can form their own opinions on the matter.

Cheers.

Thanked by 5Rhys Yura Taoron bohdans TWo
    edited February 2017

HBAndrei said: Sample 5 - not even 10 days ago your site had my exact text and presentation screenshots on it:

• cache link
    • screenshot of the content I'm referring to from your site cache
    • same text and screenshot are found on my website's main page

Yes it contained the placeholder text that was in the design that given to us to show us what it could look like. It was not changed until just before the beta.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AECdvLOybdlCwK2giDJr3fWKUwOviNpKf2Q

I paid for a custom design. Your site was only provided as an example to understand the industry the site was supposed to be for. I most certainly did not want your site. Its the same thing behind when we get custom logos designed, we are always asked to provide 2-3 examples of other content we like / are in the same industry so they can get an idea of how to design for us.

HBAndrei said: Sample 6 - you even copied my exact tweets:

• same cached page as above
    • screenshot of "your tweets" from the cache
    • copy/paste from my actual tweet

Same from above

HBAndrei said: Sample 4 - even the notification email layout, completely ripped off including exact same text:

• my emails (had to look for a slightly older email, because we've recently implemented some new features that added new elements to the emails, features that your platform hasn't "implemented" yet)
    • your emails

The email template was then also designed: https://www.evernote.com/l/AEDWN0_htsNNdZiIqFRLHsCF-GijerZ4WjQ

However this was a misunderstanding in what we asked for and we were given this: https://www.evernote.com/l/AEBPm8OjNGtH7qq5HC43vwLxIZHXLeZkEhY . I then replied mentioning there was a misunderstanding and was asked to provide an example. I provided yours as an example: https://www.evernote.com/l/AEAQpE2SzVlI_ZnkYjJU1GBeKvaymXC1IQE and I guess I just didn't change the text as I wanted to test it.

All I can say is that it was not my intention to rip your service. What you believe is up to you.

• I couldn't help myself..

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Awmusic12635 said: All I can say is that it was not my intention to rip your service. What you believe is up to you.

OK, mate. Like I told you via PM, I don't think there is a universe where someone would actually believe that all of this was just an unfortunate coincidence, or miscommunication between you & designers, or "didn't mean to straight up copy your work", or any other excuse you would like to throw this way.

The evidence is painfully clear and obvious, and I'm not just referring to the front design and text fillers you keep mentioning and excusing... I'm talking about the subject that you keep avoiding, which is the fact that most of the back-end user interface (uptime/blackist monitor lists, reports, contacts, etc) is almost identical and clearly copied.

And I kindly ask you again, please do not insult me and the readers of this thread by claiming otherwise. I know this seems to be the latest trend in the world right now, blatantly lying even tho the facts and proof clearly state otherwise, but please just don't.

Awmusic12635 said: What you believe is up to you.

Let's just leave it at that.
    Cheers.

• @WSS said:
    I couldn't help myself..

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That was AWFUL

Thanked by 1JackH
  • WSSWSS Member

For what it's worth, IPMonitr has been spamming the living fuck out of me for a day, and trying to view it (or disable it) gives me a 500. Please to be doing each and everything needful fixing.

WSS said: For what it's worth, IPMonitr has been spamming the living fuck out of me for a day, and trying to view it (or disable it) gives me a 500. Please to be doing each and everything needful fixing.

Will be pming you for more information shortly.

• WSSWSS Member

Well that was quick. I didn't expect an instant, direct response for a free service.

• WSS said: Well that was quick. I didn't expect an instant, direct response for a free ripped service.

corrected, ur welcome