Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some strong words from non other than LowEndAdmin - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some strong words from non other than LowEndAdmin

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

@mpkossen said:
    I don't think he would agree ;-) Otherwise anybody receiving monetary compensation from CC would be.

Why everyone use words "monetary compensation"? Does it sound nicer that way? Where I live we call it payment for work done! :) Maybe bad payment (we can't know..) but still payment.
    Just saying.

• @Spirit said:
    Why everyone use words "monetary compensation"? Does it sound nicer that way? Where I live we call it payment for work done! :) Maybe bad payment (we can't know..) but still payment. Just saying.

It's just what popped into my mind. It's indeed getting paid for work.

• alexalex Member

@Spirit said:
    Why everyone use words "monetary compensation"? Does it sound nicer that way? Where I live we call it payment for work done! :) Maybe bad payment (we can't know..) but still payment. Just saying.

what work has been exactly done? IMHO none of community requests were fulfilled, all the editor work was outsourced, thanks button not brought back, etc.

• @alex said:
    what work has been exactly done? IMHO none of community requests were fulfilled, all the editor work was outsourced, thanks button not brought back, etc.

Well, all Liam's time invested in keeping everything running as smoothly as possible (I believe I heard 20 hours/week somewhere) and my work writing articles. Liam did what he could but his hands were tied. Really, it's not as black-and-white as people think.

But, now that CC has completely taken over, you can finally see work getting done. We've got the Thanks-button back, Liam has the tools he needs (finally) and we can start improving LEB and LET from here on.

• @Spirit said:
    Why everyone use words "monetary compensation"? Does it sound nicer that way?

Heh heh heh, it does. In my country "gratification" is used to address "bribe" :P

• Bout' time LEA Says something, where's he hanging now?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

@mpkossen said:
    But, now that CC has completely taken over, you can finally see work getting done.

All what was needed for this to happen was just one little, tiny... hack (not CC directly). But yes now when it's revealed who own this site they don't have much choice... either improve things or put it down. Not doing anything would be bad for "business". Now when it's revealed...

Just saying (again!) ;-)

• earlearl Member

@Spirit said:
    All what was needed for this to happen was just one little, tiny... hack

Actually, four little tiny hacks :)

• dnwkdnwk Member

Why should I care who is the owner?

• alexalex Member

@dnwk said:

if you have to ask, then you don't

• SpiritSpirit Member

@dnwk said:

You shouldn't. You're new here.

• @dnwk said:

Joined January 8

No worries for you, move along.

• upfreakupfreak Member

@mpkossen said:
    Liam has the tools he needs (finally)

You mean the Minion? lol

• Minion rocks.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    No worries for you, move along.

Is there any history that I am missing?

• MunMun Member

@dnwk said:

Ohh boy, more then tons.

• this whole LET is confusing as sht...... been reading lots and still can't figure WTF is going on and who owns what.

• CoffeeCoffee Member

LEA spirit still with me, and I like it.

• MunMun Member

A long long time ago there was a man name LowEndAdmin and he started Lowendbox. Lowendbox was a little blog with a passion of using really small foot print virtual private servers for common tasks and began blogging good deals. After awhile he whipped up lowendtalk to allow the continuation of the discussion.

About ~ 1 years ago LowEndAdmin had grown tired of LET/LEB and handed it over to someone he "trusted" Joel AKA Chief. After such time Chief did some sleeping with CC and pop out came a wonderful horror of rumors. As of about ~ 1 month ago CC finalized the papers and fully adopted LEB/LET.

Suddenly LET/LEB is attacked and rumors soon fly as finally CC admits owning LET/LEB. All the old members get pissed. Start/join a new forum @ http://vpsboard.com/index.php?/r/39 and claim that CC has been doing under the table deals so that there customers (like CVPS) have the best chance of getting the full deals. Thus more offers and a little more preserved attitude to there "issues." As such LowEndAdmin was probably informed of the debacle and wrote the note above.

Pretty much it.

Timeline:
    In any case LowEndAdmin is upset.
    Chief sold us to CC.
    VpsBoard takes off.
    Lots of hacking.
    CC supposedly is doing under the table deals.
    CC Admits to owning LET/LEB.
    EVEN MORE HACKING.
    Everyone call foul play.
    Liam is put in charge.
    Now.

LET = Lowendtalk
    LEB = Lowendbox
    CC = Colocrossing
    CVPS= ChicagoVPS

• I honestly feel sad lol...

• sleddogsleddog Member

@Mun said:
    A long long time ago there was a man name LowEndAdmin and he started Lowendbox.

Joel betrayed LEA's trust and that, in my opinion, is the root of LEA's sadness. And as a longtime member I share it. All the rest of LET's woes are rooted in that initial betrayal. The fact that CC or chicagovps may have worked to capitalize on the situation is business. And business is not always open, transparent and nice. Get used to it.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited May 2013

claim that CC has been doing under the table deals so that there customers (like CVPS) have the best chance of getting the full deals

Who gives a f**k? LEB's original primary purpose wasn't to be a sales venue for Mr. 1 and 2 Node or for Mr. 205 Nodes' offers.

One of the major problems is that Joel and CC aren't the only ones guilty of treating LowEndBox as a business opportunity first and a community second. Many of the same people (i.e. small providers) who scream the loudest about the commercialization of LEB/LET are also guilty of the exact same thing they accuse CC of, and have been using LET/LEB as one of their primary customer acquisition methods and probably wouldn't participate in the community at all if they weren't allowed to advertise their businesses here. More than a few hosts have business plans that revolve around LET/LEB offers (and acting like vultures when someone starts a thread saying they're looking for a host for their VPN/seedbox/minecraft server).

TL:DR there's been a lot of the pot calling the kettle black going around lately on both sides and it would be nice to see LEB return to its original focus as a tech orientated forum for low resource VPS's.

• @DomainBop said:
    TL:DR there's been a lot of the pot calling the kettle black going around lately on both sides and it would be nice to see LEB return to its original focus as a tech orientated forum for low resource VPS's.

Market has dipped where VPS servers are $1-3/mo for more than enough resources than 64-128mb and well, this community needs to adapt rather than self gratification for running something below suggested minimum resources

• vedranvedran Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    What if all moderator was just another account of CC? :p

No ...

• @vedran said:
    No ...

Hahahahaa I know you not :P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2013

Someone mentioned the thank button is back.
    I am maybe blind, but cant find it...
    Someone care to share a picture with highlights for me ?

And, ontopic, I knew back in the days that LEA didnt sell, however, people were talking so convinced and even gave out numbers, I thought that, maybe he did sell out.

I am sorry for that, even more angry on Chief, considering also he banned me completely unjustified at the request of some provider.
    Perhaps I am annoying, my thoughts are not always liked, but isnt this the right to express yourself ?

Anyway, it is indeed sad, reminds me of similar mistakes I did in the past, gave away forums, characters in games, clans and they ended up sold to the highest bidder and destroyed. Not once things turned out well, everyone ended up selling...
    Even more, after I handed out things, the good people were purged and rumours started against me :(

• It's right here.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2013

Aha ! Thank you, it seems I need to hover the mouse over for it to come up :)

BTW, is there a way to see who did it ? Give thanks, I mean.

• MunMun Member

Yes if you look there is a small favicon with a thumbs up :)