Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Benchmarks of midrange spec providers - LunaNode, Scaleway, ToggleBox, DigitalOcean, DomFlow
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Benchmarks of midrange spec providers - LunaNode, Scaleway, ToggleBox, DigitalOcean, DomFlow

sb56637sb56637 Member
edited February 2017 in Providers

I ran these benchmarks mainly for my needs, but I hope they might be useful/interesting to others. I was looking for packages with:

1. Hourly pricing
  2. 4GB of RAM (if the price is exceptional I can settle for 2GB)
  3. At least 2 CPU "cores" (very ambiguous, but the price and the stats speak for themselves)
  4. Roughly $15.00/month or less (I made an exception for DigitalOcean since it's one of the better known standard benchmarks).

I don't usually need much storage space, so I didn't make that a factor when choosing the pre-configured VPS packages, and with the freely configurable cloud services I just filled in storage GB until I got close to $15.00/month.

Comments

• Thanks. It's not really obvious how to extract the relevant comparison numbers from those, but it's good to have the raw data. Scaleway C1M (18 euro/mo) might also have been worth testing. I have some Vultr credit so can try a similar test if it's simple.

• Noted.

• willie said: It's not really obvious how to extract the relevant comparison numbers from those, but it's good to have the raw data.

True, there's a lot of noise too. But in general, I look for things like IOPS, time required to complete an operation, MB throughput per unit of time, and number of requests or transactions handled per unit of time.