Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter is worst service ever
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter is worst service ever

Just a notice about my sad experience. I payed these guys for a VPS. Then I waited about 12 hours to get CentsOS VPS working. Why CentOS? I didn't ask CentOS! But okay, I went to control panel and clicked a button to deploy Debian, what I needed. And what? I got non working offline server. Support does not respond. When I asked for money back, they said then it is impossible. When I asked why my server does not work, they just don't answer anymore. Worst, worst, worst service ever I saw!

Comments

• You cant blame any hosting until you post some proof...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Do you mind posting a screenshot that shows you have service? It's not a requirement but it helps when people sign up and immediately post a negative review.

While many here will agree with the viewpoint, I despise the WHT precedent where shared dislike becomes license for not being questioned on bad review.

Thanked by 3netomx deadbeef ucxo
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited February 2017

tronyx said: You cant blame any hosting until you post some proof...

damn right!

Joined 6:30AM, GTFO

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2017

Who?
    (Damn, I just cannot resist doing this...)

• Here is screen with responses from billing dpt.

Thanked by 1jar
  • They still exist?

• @tr1cky said:
    They still exist?

Unfortunately, yes. They still raise money on people who don't know who they are.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

It would be ironic of me to post a popcorn gif in this thread...

• So you opened a ticket to billing asking for a refund. Billing said you won't get one because you agreed to it during sign-up. Then you state problems with your VPS and billing asks you to make a ticket with the concerned department.

Nothing wrong here. Seems like you're the moron who can't read.

• @varunchopra said:
    So you opened a ticket to billing asking for a refund. Billing said you won't get one because you agreed to it during sign-up. Then you state problems with your VPS and billing asks you to make a ticket with the concerned department.

Nothing wrong here. Seems like you're the moron who can't read.

Of course I can read. At that time I created another ticket to support. They just didn't answer for a long time. And then they just said that all works and "what's the problem?"

• It does say's on the ticket to open a support ticket to VPS Support department.

• I'd consider those response times fairly acceptable for the Billing Department. Did you open a ticket with the Technical Department like they advised?

• ashepashep Member
    edited February 2017

@WSCallum said:
    I'd consider those response times fairly acceptable for the Billing Department. Did you open a ticket with the Technical Department like they advised?

Yes, I did it BEFORE writing to billing dpt., see screen above

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I don't see @ashep did anything wrong here - but it's not clear to me what the actual problem is. Support ticket says they get an ssh prompt...what exactly isn't working, @ashep ?

Thanked by 2ricardo netomx
  • How much are you paying delimiter @ashep that 5 hour response times are not acceptable?

That seems pretty ok.

Thanked by 2ricardo jar
  • I don't see what the issue is? As much as I dislike Delimiter...those response times look okay and they do have a no refunds policy so instead of demanding something you will not get why not try working with their support to solve the issue? If you're polite and accurately describe your problem you'll probably find yourself having a much easier time dealing with support at web hosts.

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited February 2017

MagicalTrain said: How much are you paying delimiter @ashep that 5 hour response times are not acceptable?

That seems pretty ok.

You know that almost every person here on LET, want to pay next to nothing, and expect 1 minute response time on support tickets.
    OMG I have to wait an hour on support on my unmanaged VPS - go directly to paypal dispute.

• @myhken why on other services I get good support when I pay the same "next to nothing"? And why I shouldn't expect the same at Delimiter?

• @raindog308 said: what exactly isn't working

In @ashep's original ticket he asks support for the root password for SSH.

• @ashep because you get what you pay for. If you need really fast 24/7/365 support, you have to pay for a managed host. With unmanaged hosts, you can be lucky, some companies give you fast support, but you can't demand it. The premium you pay for a managed host is for support mostly. And it seems like your first ticket was to the billing department, and they normally operate with completely other time frame then technical support.

So asking for a refund after so short time, only here on LET. Had it been days, then OK. Or not OK, since you ticket yes that you did understand their TOS before getting the server, and if they have a No refund policy in their TOS, why ask for a refund? No refund = no refund. Take your loss, and move on.

• @myhken thank you for clear explanation.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ashep said:
    @myhken why on other services I get good support when I pay the same "next to nothing"? And why I shouldn't expect the same at Delimiter?

Another explanation is scale. You can pay pennies and get 5 minute response time from a company that has one person running it and 15 clients. But if they scale the client base at a price that cannot pay for additional staff, then support quality drops as they grow. It's hard to know the state of this from the outside but if you watch long enough, you learn how to see the signs.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

What CP does delimiter use?

Strange that you cant enter or change your root password, support already pasted the fact that the VPS is accepting connections based on that ticket?

Or did I miss something?

• Problem with root password was the first. Then they sent me an email where password was found. Next I struggled while trying to deploy another image on the server and I've got an error. While I asked for support (which didn't respond for a while), I tried to deploy an image again and again in the CP. At some point error was gone and I got working server. And after that their support has been supportive to "support" me via the question "What's the problem?". That's all.

• @ashep and you are of course a skilled person, that have no problem managing your own servers? You know what to do, how to look for errors etc?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Hostbill but what's under it who knows

• @myhken said:
    @ashep and you are of course a skilled person, that have no problem managing your own servers? You know what to do, how to look for errors etc?

Of course, I don't need managed server. I need just properly installed VPS image and no more.

• times are interesting. at 09:15 you opened or at least replied to the technical support (2nd screenshot). at 09:43 you opened a ticket with billing asking for a refund (1st screenshot).

then at 12:47 they denied refund, 14:02 you responded angry about non working server in the billing ticket to be answered to talk to technical support.

14:07 back in the other ticket you managed to deploy debian but claiming it non-working.

after a push of the ticket support responded claiming that he's able to connect via ssh asking what the real problem is.

so what is your problem then? I second @mykhen here in the believe there may be a lack of knowledge involved. also it seems you are a bit impatient at all. you know it can take some time for a system to get redeployed.

what is the actual status of the vps? support seems to be convinced everything is fine.

by watching the timeline and assuming you found the place in the control panel to reinstall the system right after being denied the refund at 14:03, you waited around 5 minutes for the system to come back up? did you try to restart the server once the reinstall was finished? hmm...

also it should be KVM, haven't worked with their control panel for VPS, but most probably there is a VNC or something like that somewhere? do you know what that is and how to handle it?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Does the Mike guy still work there?

• @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Does the Mike guy still work there?

Nope. He quit long back, silently.