Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone looking for some pocket money, simple work?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone looking for some pocket money, simple work?

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2017 in Requests

Anyone looking for some pocket money?

Very low level web edit work, update some prices and links and change a couple image with other ones, nothing major, just time a bit time consuming so I thought I would outsource it.

Younger people or those with poor economies considered first as the money will mean more to you.

I could get it done on freelancer.com for about $50, I am offering €100, its maybe half a day to a days work.

Brief overview:

Update prices on the serversnv site to match the prices in WHMCS, update some of the links.

Take a copy of the serversnv site, swap the products/links/prices with those from Inception Hosting, couple of link edits and image swaps.

The site is static, no CMS, you will be given a copy to edit locally, if you can host it somewhere yourself for me to check that will be a bonus.

--

I wish I had some junior work program person sometimes, I have so much of this type of work I always seem to need doing, never even comes close to justifying a full time sysadmin/dev and its not really 'skilled work' just time consuming.

If your interested, drop me a PM, if I dont reply its either because I picked someone or got overwhelmed with PM's

Thanked by 1vedran

Comments

• inb4 "Looking for someone to answer 100+ PMs with that I don't need help anymore"

Thanked by 1rds100
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

teamacc said: inb4 "Looking for someone to answer 100+ PMs with that I don't need help anymore"

$7 ?

• I know someone who would be good for this. Is it a one-time or some chance of it becoming a regular thing?

Is there some reason you don't generate both sets of pages from a database?

• Yes me
    I have two monitors
    and have a good experience in whmcs
    Also cpanel/whm, php, js, html etc..

edited February 2017

willie said: Is it a one-time or some chance of it becoming a regular thing?

Its a one time, but obviously if whoever does it does a good job I will come back to them first if there is anything else to do in the future.

willie said: Is there some reason you don't generate both sets of pages from a database?

Not a good one.

Jorbox said: Yes me I have two monitors and have a good experience in whmcs Also cpanel/whm, php, js, html etc..

AnthonySmith said: If your interested, drop me a PM

I have read every PM so far, I will pick someone in a few hours, I am just not doing individual replied because.. time.

• AnthonySmith said: I will pick someone in a few hours,

Ok cool, it's night here, you'll have already gotten someone by the time my friend is awake, np.

• Its 12:45 pm here

• PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited February 2017

Whoever you get, have them automatically upload the work periodically so you can monitor the progress without interrupting them.

All you need is NPM, Gulp and Surge.

First install the plugins via NPM

npm install gulp-surge --save-dev
    npm install gulp-duration --save-dev

This is what the gulpfile.js will look like to automatically upload every 10 minutes

var gulp = require('gulp')
    var surge = require('gulp-surge')
    var duration = require('gulp-duration')

gulp.task('deploy', function () {
        setInterval(function() {
          return surge({
            project: './serversnv',         // Path to the directory you want to upload
            domain: 'serversnv-022117.surge.sh'  // Your domain or Surge subdomain
          })
        }, 600000)
    })

• Sent a PM Ant =)

Thanks everyone, someone asked for the work that has had my back for a while now who I did not expect to be interested so they were the natural choice.

Thanks again, I will keep everyone in mind that applied for any future piece work rather than fill my PM box again :)

• This is for poor person only?

Thanked by 1Plioser

didtav said: This is for poor person only?

haha, no it was not, its just not a lot of work, maybe half a day or so, I figured €100 was fair as its not exactly skilled work, I would just rather it went to someone it could benefit was all.

Thanked by 2Junkless WSS
  • @PepeSilvia said:
    Whoever you get, have them automatically upload the work periodically so you can monitor the progress without interrupting them.

This is what the gulpfile.js will look like to automatically upload every 10 minutes

setInterval(function() {
          return surge({
          })
        }, 600000)
    })

Because running javascript with access to files has worked out so great in the past. When Node/JS is the answer, the question was phrased wrong.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited February 2017

When Node/JS is the answer, the question was phrased wrong.

That was so edgy I cut myself a little bit reading it.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @PepeSilvia said:

I'm not being ironic. I'm just in my own @AnthonySmith mode.

• @WSS

Indeed. If any then that proposal answers the question "How to bloatify something simple?"

• @WSS said:

@PepeSilvia said:

I'm not being ironic. I'm just in my own @AnthonySmith mode.

So, No PHP, no Node/Js... then what do you recommend ?

• @Junkless said:

scp does an amazing job of uploading files without the hell that is FTP passive/active modes, and no plaintext passwords.

• @WSS said:

@Junkless said:

scp does an amazing job of uploading files without the hell that is FTP passive/active modes, and no plaintext passwords.

Ohh.. I thought you were talking about developing web apps. My bad.

• Ohh.. I thought you were talking about developing web apps. My bad.

I am fully HTML 4.0 compliant. I worked my arse off to make everything XHTML/1.0 strict compliant, but I don't design interfaces. My personal vanity domain has looked the same for nearly 11 years. :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AnthonySmith, if you're still looking for someone to do it for you, I'd gladly take this job.

• can i just have 100 euro?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Do you want this locked @AnthonySmith?

• @Ishaq Aww, c'mon, the Cest Pit is already too crowded!

edited February 2017

Ishaq said: Do you want this locked @AnthonySmith?

Someone has already started, thanks everyone.

• IB4TL

• Bye, thread. :(

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@PepeSilvia said:

setInterval(function() {
          return surge({
          })
        }, 600000)
    })

Nah, do it on the live pages for more effect

This discussion has been closed.