Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ignore Plugin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ignore Plugin

nerouxneroux Member
edited May 2013 in General

Any chance of getting the ignore plugin?

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/ignore-plugin

Comments

• nerouxneroux Member

Nobody (except for @BenND :) ) a comment? @Liam?

• I want this so I can ignore myself. :P

• nerouxneroux Member

@DomainBop said:
    I want this so I can ignore myself. :P

Some people actually would need that :D

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Vanilla virtually beat users plugin..

• BradNDBradND Member

@Jack said:
    I want this so I can ignore BradND

Likewise :)

• No, keep this out of LET.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited May 2013

@eastonch said:
    No, keep this out of LET.

With the reason being?

• nerouxneroux Member

@natestamm how can you "disagree" with a question? i question your objectivity to be honest

@Zen said:
    Ignorance is bliss, but it ain't right.

Whats the point?

Everyone should be entitled to block whoever he wants.

• nerouxneroux Member

@Zen said:
    Your only reason to block someone ON A FORUM FOR DISCUSSION is because you can't mentally accept their opinion and move on or ignore it? You really have to remove it from your viewing.. that's ignorance. Within a few days of having that function the threads would go to shit, most people wouldn't understand what was going on in the threads because everyone would have someone blocked. It removes the point of a forum to a certain degree.

When I choose to ignore someone I do so because I do not wish to communicate with this person. In this regard such a functionality is a reminder. You can always ignore a person regardless whether their messages pop up or not, it is sort of helper function. With the same argument you could remove about 80% of the functionality here (starting with agree buttons).

The vast majority of forums has this function and they work perfectly without what you mentioned. Best example from this industry, WHT.

• nerouxneroux Member

@natestamm, Maybe instead of what you do you could actually and constructively participate. This is just trolling I am afraid

@Zen said:
    Well I've said voiced my concern, and answered your question. Should it be implemented on a forum such as LET (no matter how it works on other forums) I do not think it will work well. Mainly due to scale.

Are you a staff member? I am asking because only they could answer it.

I also dont see how "scale" is involved. WHT is a lot bigger in that respect.

If someone can raise valid concerns (which I honestly cant imagine though), please do step forward. But so far none were mentioned.

• upfreakupfreak Member

Seeing all the drama threads, I would say LET needs a ignore plugin. To use it or not is upto the user. It is also a BETTER way for an admin to identify trolls in the forum.

• nerouxneroux Member

I do not see a reason for you to become offensive.

I asked a legitimate question. You are free to raise your subjective concerns and you did so. I told you why I do not agree and this is where the discussion ends.

Ultimately it is up to the person who runs the forum to install it or not. My question is whether it could be added, and this you cannot answer.