Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

RAM allocation under KVM (SOLVED)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RAM allocation under KVM (SOLVED)

aglodekaglodek Member
edited May 2013 in General

Testing 2 KVM's with same provider, both with 2GB RAM, running same OS (Ubuntu 12.10). Both VMs to serve as DB cluster nodes with max RAM caching, so RAM is very important. Interestingly, SolusVM CP shows 2GB RAM for both, but checking RAM using 'free -m' shows 2 very different results:

KVM-1 # free -m

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:                    2003        331       1671          0         31        232
-/+ buffers/cache:        67       1935
Swap:                      0          0          0

KVM-2 # free -m

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:                     995        326        668          0         36        233
-/+ buffers/cache:        57        937
Swap:                      0          0          0

Am I reading this wrong, or does KVM-2 come with only 1GB RAM ?

KVM-2 originally came with 1GB RAM and was later (supposedly - it seems?) upgraded to 2GB RAM. I don't see this as intentional, BTW... maybe a bug in SolusVM Admin ?

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Am I reading this wrong, or does KVM-2 come with only 1GB RAM ?

Yes. Did you reboot the 2nd one after the "upgrade"?

• aglodekaglodek Member

@rm_: OMG, so stupid of me... thanks, that solved it :)