Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Love LET - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I Love LET

2»

Comments

• zfedorazfedora Member

Dewlance is the new owner. LET gets hacked? Don't worry! Dewlance has invented AutoSQLRestore™!

• BradNDBradND Member

@Simple3x said:
    Guys you really gotta stop complaining about this ownership thing whatsoever. Remember that youre not paying for premium or corporate memberships here, so dont act as if its a big thing. After all, you gotta admit that LEB did a big part for us, if it was not because of LEB/LET i bet you wont be even able to see a 3GB VM for $7

You sir, are an idiot.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2013

Yeah, I do not expect anyone benefiting commercially to give a flying shit about the change. Also, this same thought process can be applied to a lot of the people saying things like, "Too many people whining about not being told things that they were not entitled to be told."

THIS WAS A COMMUNITY DRIVEN FORUM, NOT A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT WHEN IT STARTED.

Now you can argue it is still some type of "Community" but it sure as hell is not the same community. It is a commercialized community which the only ones who truly care about it are the ones making money off it, those who feel like this is the only place they can find the 'crazy' deals and kids that are starting out that found this community because of its SEO on google when searching about VPS.

@Liam may intend to improve the content and try to provide it more value, and more power to him. However the things that made this place special before was all the incredibly intelligent participants who contributed a lot of time, knowledge and hand holding to the members here because they cared about the community. There may still be some of these people left, but my bet is they are going to feel more comfortable doing this somewhere where they know their efforts are helping the community directly and not a commercial enterprise like LET. Thus the outrage of many of those people when all this drama came to the surface.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Yeah, I do not expect anyone benefiting commercially to give a flying shit about the change. Also, this same thought process can be applied to a lot of the people saying things like, "Too many people whining about not being told things that they were not entitled to be told."

THIS WAS A COMMUNITY DRIVEN FORUM, NOT A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT WHEN IT STARTED.

Now you can argue it is still some type of "Community" but it sure as hell is not the same community. It is a commercialized community which the only ones who truly care about it are the ones making money off it, those who feel like this is the only place they can find the 'crazy' deals and kids that are starting out that found this community because of its SEO on google when searching about VPS.

Liam may intend to improve the content and try to provide it more value, and more power to him. However the things that made this place special before was all the incredibly intelligent participants who contributed a lot of time, knowledge and hand holding to the members here because they cared about the community. There may still be some of these people left, but my bet is they are going to feel more comfortable doing this somewhere where they know their efforts are helping the community directly and not a commercial enterprise like LET. Thus the outrage of many of those people when all this drama came to the surface.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hope to see you stick around. :)

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@jbiloh Can you please check [email protected] Email? I ringed up ColoCrossing yesterday after 5PM and was told that my Email would be responded to this morning. It wasn't. I feel like getting in touch with a "sales representative" is nearly impossible with you guy's, it's like you're hiding behind a brick wall. Nobody is ever on live chat.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@Jack I did, two weeks ago

• zfedorazfedora Member
    edited May 2013

@Jeffrey said:
    jbiloh Can you please check [email protected] Email? I ringed up ColoCrossing yesterday after 5PM and was told that my Email would be responded to this morning. It wasn't. I feel like getting in touch with a "sales representative" is nearly impossible with you guy's, it's like you're hiding behind a brick wall. Nobody is ever on live chat.

Chris   Kevin Jon must have been busy.

Kidding, I honestly don't care who runs it as long as they are non-intrusive and can keep a stable forum that doesn't get hacked 4 times per week :)

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@zfedora Hacked or not, this is still a great community.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:
    who is new owner?

Me =))

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Jeffrey

I'd rather this not become a sales forum for ColoCrossing. I have, however, found your email and sent you a response. Sorry for missing it initially.

• None of you are paying for a premium membership here? But I'm...what.

• @BradND care to explain? It was my opinion..

• BradNDBradND Member

The 3GB, 4GB and 5GB for $7 ruined this forum and the entire concept and business behind lowendbox

• seriesnseriesn Member

@BradND said:
    The 3GB, 4GB and 5GB for $7 ruined this forum and the entire concept and business behind lowendbox

In all honesty, you are also doing the same with 2GB KVM for 7$. It is all about who can give more for less, while my personal belief will always be you get what you pay for.

• BradNDBradND Member

If you can't beat em... join em. Everyone around here is trained to grab more ram than give a shit about anything else. We have tons of clients who pay proper fees for enterprise service so not really.

• @BradND said:
    If you can't beat em... join em.

No thanks.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited May 2013

@BradND said:
    If you can't beat em... join em.

If you can't beat em... rrrruuuuunnn :P

• KBVEKBVE Member

Its a very nice community :) I enjoy being a member of it as well

• @BradND said:

join em.

This. And sorry but I have noticed monumentally better performance from my VMs with more allocated resources.