Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best European provider for VPN speeds?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best European provider for VPN speeds?

stefemanstefeman Member
edited February 2017 in General

Which provider has the best network and peering in EU? So far my options are: DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, Leasewebs, Lightsail and Zare

Im gonna connect mainly from Finland and it'd be great to not lose too much speeds from my 100 Mbps connection. As for the bandwidth, 1 TB/m should be more than enough.

I itend to use UDP based OpenVPN on port range 30000+. This would be purely a personal VPN, so not used on P2P or torrents. Mostly for "increased security" and on the road like with airport/cafe WiFi for example.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Comments

• MrKaruppuMrKaruppu Member
    edited February 2017

stefeman said: Which provider has the best network and peering in EU?

if you are looking for EU, you can go with OVH VPS starting from €2.99. Scaleway has a good network too but their disks are LSSD.

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2017

Price is secondary for me when it comes to this project. I'd rather pay 15 USD/m for quality than use OVH VPS for this xD

DDoS protection is also not neccessary for this.

Thanks for answering though.

• MrKaruppuMrKaruppu Member
    edited February 2017

stefeman said: than use OVH VPS for this xD

OVH has a good network and peering. Support is slow and sometimes nonexistent.

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • I don't really need support from the provider, but Im gonna pass OVH anyway.

• https://www.yourserver.se/ has servers in Sweden and Latvia. Pretty close to Finland, maybe you should check them out

• Tagging @deployvm due to the word "finland" being used in this thread.

Thanked by 1deployvm
    edited February 2017

Ideally 5 USD/m but up to 10-15 USD/m if the quality is super

As for the resources, 1vCore and 512-1024MB should be well enough.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited February 2017

@stefeman said:
    Ideally 5 USD/m but up to 10-15 USD/m if the quality is super

@deployvm from xhostfire.com has servers in finland and is always bragging about the peering they have. Cheapest plan on their site is 10 usd/month, but their last finland promo still seems to be functional: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/99507/xhostfire-com-kvm-virtual-servers-in-finland-usa-and-russia-from-5-per-month

Brings the price down to 7 usd/month

Thanked by 1deployvm
  • @stefeman said:
    Price is secondary for me when it comes to this project. I'd rather pay 15 USD/m for quality than use OVH VPS for this xD

If you wanna pay that kind of money then @Clouvider has a great network in UK or

digital ocean can be great depending opon the location

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

@simonindia said:

@stefeman said:

If you wanna pay that kind of money then @Clouvider has a great network in UK or

digital ocean can be great depending opon the location

Thanks for recommending and happy to help @stefeman !

• I know so far OVH is the Best

• Most probably should depend on the locations of the target servers you usually visit. something on your way to those or at least bigger points with good peerings like frankfurt or amsterdam should be best.

I'd suggest ultravps.eu in Amsterdam (use this ref for -10% / 6 months) or zxhost.co.uk in FFM if available...

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
    edited February 2017

Ban this Xrumer spambot ^ @Jarland

Not surprised at all that HMA resorts to these methods after loosing customers for shilling/backstabbing. Probly using

As for the original thread, I already found a host for this.