Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap high SSD storage vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap high SSD storage vps

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the cheapest high SSD storage vps with a 1gbps network connection in location EUROPE (whatever country but preferably UK FRANCE and NETHERLANDS.
I don't need a big cpu but approximatly 100-150GB of SSD storage!

Do you know any cheap providers ?

Budget, less or equal than $10/month

Thank you very much guys! :)

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner has 4GB RAM, 100GB SSD for 11.90~ euro/month, but Germany.

• scaleway comes to mind, 200GB SSD 9,99€ , but can't tell of the real world performance of those SSDs.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Contabo VPS SSD has 300GB SSD under your budget. I don't vouch for their quality though.

• ContraWeb has 100 GB for €10 and 150 GB for €15

https://contraweb.net/vps

• Liteserver.nl OVZ-SSD-1024
    4 cpu cores, 1gb ram, 150gb ssd, 4tb@gbit for 7,50 euro monthly with code HAPPY2017 (25%)
    and they don't oversell their OVZ servers like everyone else, these boxes perform like a kvm box.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @Butters said:
    Liteserver.nl OVZ-SSD-1024
    4 cpu cores, 1gb ram, 150gb ssd, 4tb@gbit for 7,50 euro monthly with code HAPPY2017 (25%)
    and they don't oversell their OVZ servers like everyone else, these boxes perform like a kvm box.

Hey, thanks for this ! this seems perfect.

I'm waiting to see if anyone else posts something interesting, and if not i'll go with this one :)

@Falzo said:
    scaleway comes to mind, 200GB SSD 9,99€ , but can't tell of the real world performance of those SSDs.

Thanks for that but i'm already with them and not happy of their services

@exception0x876 said:
    Contabo VPS SSD has 300GB SSD under your budget. I don't vouch for their quality though.

100Mbits only :-/

• exception0x876 said: Contabo VPS SSD has 300GB SSD under your budget. I don't vouch for their quality though.

That's really impressive, especially the biggest one (10 cores, 50gb guaranteed ram, 1200gb ssd, 1gbps unlimited, for 27 euro/month!?). Wonder how they're doing that. I'm guessing the ssd is non-raid. In their dedi offers they rent out 1tb ssd's for 30 euro/month which isn't bad at all, so the VPS SSD must be as overallocated as all heck.

Their dedi lineup is good too. Anyone know more about them?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:

exception0x876 said: Contabo VPS SSD has 300GB SSD under your budget. I don't vouch for their quality though.

That's really impressive, especially the biggest one (10 cores, 50gb guaranteed ram, 1200gb ssd, 1gbps unlimited, for 27 euro/month!?). Wonder how they're doing that. I'm guessing the ssd is non-raid. In their dedi offers they rent out 1tb ssd's for 30 euro/month which isn't bad at all, so the VPS SSD must be as overallocated as all heck.

Their dedi lineup is good too. Anyone know more about them?

Probably best to Google contabo review first and look on WHT or other places... :~)

Thanked by 1willie
  • williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

Hmm, thanks, also mixed mixed reports here on LET. VPS look oversold, dedis look ok, colo price for low powered servers is amazing, network ok some of the time and craps out sometimes (maybe ddos related). Hmm. I guess I'll skip the vps.

I saw one of the small annual KVM plans offering extra SSD space at $3 or maybe it was €3/year for 10GB and even that seemed unsustainable, especially if it's raid. Raw cheap ssd drives are still in the $0.30/GB range except for the very crappiest consumer ones. Good SSD's are more.

• Go with Liteserver.nl, you won't regret it.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • Dream cloud may suit you 4.50/month for 512 MB instance with 80 GB SSD + 100 GB block storage SSD

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

simonindia said:

Dream cloud may suit you 4.50/month

What's their url? There are tons of sites and hosts with that name or some variant. Thanks

• @willie said:

simonindia said:

Dream cloud may suit you 4.50/month

What's their url? There are tons of sites and hosts with that name or some variant. Thanks

https://www.dreamhost.com/cloud/

• niknik Member, Host Rep

We can do 150 GB SSD (local storage), 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU Core with 1 TB Traffic for 8 EUR / Month. Locations could be Frankfurt, Amsterdam or London. Let me know if you're interested.

• Has anyone got an other idea ?

• Horizion12 said:

Has anyone got an other idea ?

Not really, you're asking something rather difficult at your budget. It's also strange that you want SSD and don't care about CPU. The idea of SSD is high iops, which usually goes with high cpu activity. Anyway it sounds to me like you should try Scaleway. Their network SSD has fewer iops than a local SSD but more than an HDD.

• I'm not really happy with have i've seen until now, any other idea ?

• hyndshynds Member

@Horizion12 said:
    I'm not really happy with have i've seen until now, any other idea ?

How about 100GB SSD at Vultr: https://www.vultr.com/pricing/blockstorage/

• @hynds said:

@Horizion12 said:
    I'm not really happy with have i've seen until now, any other idea ?

How about 100GB SSD at Vultr: https://www.vultr.com/pricing/blockstorage/

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately that's more expansive than all the others

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

Horizion12 what are you trying to do? Maybe you could get an Online dedibox SC with 120gb ssd for 9 euro/month, though there's a 20 euro setup fee. It could help if you explained why you didn't like Liteserver. SSD is much more expensive than HDD so the prices you're seeing are pretty good. If you want HDD storage you can pay a lot less.

• @willie said:
    Horizion12 what are you trying to do? Maybe you could get an Online dedibox SC with 120gb ssd for 9 euro/month, though there's a 20 euro setup fee. It could help if you explained why you didn't like Liteserver. SSD is much more expensive than HDD so the prices you're seeing are pretty good. If you want HDD storage you can pay a lot less.

Well i don't really like Liteserver because i live in europe and i pay 20% VAT, so i don't pay only 7,5€/month, i pay more.

So i would like to find a cheaper option

i only need around 100GB SSD, not really more

• One of our France Node is Pure SSD

https://galaxyhostplus.com/ovz/

France Incoming traffic free

If you plan to order pm me and I move you to Node Moon

• Horizion12 said: Well i don't really like Liteserver because i live in europe and i pay 20% VAT, so i don't pay only 7,5€/month, i pay more.

So i would like to find a cheaper option

Scaleway is the cheapest I know of. 100GB would be 4 euro/month + vat.