Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vps europe under 6EUR/m 4vcore ???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vps europe under 6EUR/m 4vcore ???

Hello. I'm looking for a vps:
under 6 eur/m
4v cores
min 256mb ram
min 100/10 network
min 10TB traffic
EUROPE
to run ubuntu server

Any soluctions to this type of specifications?

thx

Comments

• Scaleway

Thanked by 2simonindia bashlyk
  • @exception0x876 may assist but I recommend you to be realistic

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@simonindia said:
    @exception0x876 may assist but I recommend you to be realistic

I wish I could but unfortunately not with this budget.

Thanked by 2simonindia doghouch
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2017

www.server-provider.com offers this for 7€/mo:

2 GB RAM

4 vCores

60 GB HDD

RAID 5 MegaRaid

500 MBits/s Shared

Traffic Fair-Use

480 GBit/s DDoS-Protection

• This stuff mainly depends on your cpu usage and your actual bandwidth usage. You have any real-world load figures for this?

• supersportsupersport Member
    edited February 2017

Hello. 2TB per month. with scaleway vcs1 full load.

Do you know anything about superior-networks.com? Looks nice to my requirements...

thx

• @Ympker said:

Traffic Fair-Use

Tellme more about this, please.

• @supersport said:

@Ympker said:

Traffic Fair-Use

Just like CPU. Start hogging the core and you're getting throttled, then banned.

• @WSS said:

@supersport said:

@Ympker said:

Traffic Fair-Use

Just like CPU. Start hogging the core and you're getting throttled, then banned.

I have contacted their Support on Whatsapp and will reply asap I know more. That being said Ive been hosting some MMO projects on their servers and they never contacted me about my traffic usage. But I havent measured it back then either so I will wait for their reply :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sorry, you want 4 dedicated cores for less than €6 p/month, is that right?

• @supersport said:
    Scaleway with 4 core final price is more than 10 eur

Are you sure?

Thanked by 1bersy
  • williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

AnthonySmith said:

Sorry, you want 4 dedicated cores for less than €6 p/month, is that right?

Scaleway can help with that too.

scaleway.com/pricing

• YuraYura Member
    edited February 2017

Stop showing obscene pictures to @AnthonySmith! He did nothing wrong to ya all >:{

willie said: Scaleway can help with that too.

ARM cores eh.. lol

• AnthonySmith said: ARM cores eh.. lol

Well OP didn't say anything about speed of the cores... ;-). Each ARM core compares to around 1/10th of an E3 core, so as a pure computation deal it's not bad, like getting 0.4 dedicated E3 cores for 1 euro (the other 2 euro are for the network and disk).

to be fair that 1/10th of an E3 is probably all he will get at scaleway anyway in reality if they are selling 4 dedicated cores at €5.99 haha.

Servers and Staff don't grow on tree's

• AnthonySmith said:

to be fair that 1/10th of an E3 is probably all he will get at scaleway anyway in reality if they are selling 4 dedicated cores at €5.99 haha.

I don't think the Scaleway vps claim to have dedicated cores though in my tests I've found they get about the full atom core speed. 1 atom core is around 1/5 of an E3 core so 4 of them is a little under 1 E3 core. They have an 8 core Atom dedi for 18 euro/month iirc so it's a little less than half an E3. I've thought of using them (hourly billing) for some cpu offloading but it hasn't been worth it so far, and they're out of stock a lot.

The C1 (ARM dedi) seems to have stopped getting new deployments, so they're often out of stock too, though they free up now and then. I've had one for quite a long while and it's nice, less for pure computation than as a tiny dedi and to run ARM stuff.

Ah sorry, I thought that is what this was implying: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2080890/#Comment_2080890

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

That's their 4GB VPS. 4 non-dedicated Atom cores, still a good value imho for the ram and network SSD space, but yeah, slow.

The ARM dedi is a real baremetal dedi, great for some things though definitely niche.

edited February 2017

willie said: Atom cores

haha, atom cores for commercial multi tenant container/VM hosting, seen it all now :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2017

@supersport @WSS In regard of my previous post I have reached out to their Support via E-Mail inquirying about the limits of their Fair Use Traffic (I was asking for a limit in TB) and was told "there is no limit" leaving me with the impression of them acctually not enforcing any bw limits on your 500 mbit/s shared port. Ofc we all know there is no "unlimited" anything but this reply implies they do not actively put on any limits. Id go ahead and try it out and if you encounter limits reach out to them :)

Furthermore they just confirmed 10TB/mo is totally fine as long as it is no "(file-)sharing or illegal project"

• supersportsupersport Member
    edited February 2017

@teamacc said:

@supersport said:
    Scaleway with 4 core final price is more than 10 eur

Are you sure?

delete

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2017

supersport said: Hello friends. This vps with vat, storage and IPv4 ip is more that 10 eur. I tested it the last month can show you the invoice...

No. You are wrong.
    If you pay VAT you just add VAT (if you don't live in France and you have a valid VAT number, then, you don't pay VAT but you have to create a business and not personal account - that can be done by simply filling your VAT number).
    Ip and 50GB disk are included in the price.
    So, the final price is 7.25 (assuming the VAT is 21%) and this, only if you live in France.
    The price can increase if you have failover ips, extra HDD blocks or if you upgraded the service level that adds ~3 euro to it. But those are extras, not for the main service.

• jvnadr said: But those are extras, not for the main service.

esp. non of those have been mentioned in the initial request ;-)

• @jvnadr said:

supersport said: Hello friends. This vps with vat, storage and IPv4 ip is more that 10 eur. I tested it the last month can show you the invoice...

No. You are wrong.
    If you pay VAT you just add VAT (if you don't live in France and you have a valid VAT number, then, you don't pay VAT but you have to create a business and not personal account - that can be done by simply filling your VAT number).
    Ip and 50GB disk are included in the price.
    So, the final price is 7.25 (assuming the VAT is 21%) and this, only if you live in France.
    The price can increase if you have failover ips, extra HDD blocks or if you upgraded the service level that adds ~3 euro to it. But those are extras, not for the main service.

are you right sorry about my mistake. ;)

• superior-networks.com any feedback? look to perfect to my requierements...
    was since 2014 in LowEndTalk... and 0 opinions