Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VAT Exemption on OVH.ie for someone in the US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VAT Exemption on OVH.ie for someone in the US

Does OVH.ie still offer VAT Exemption? I sent a ticket in a few days ago and they haven't replied to my question asking them about it...

Comments

• Just be patient. Their support is incredibly slow. I don't pay VAT and I am from the US.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Find a provider that actually cares - problem solved.

• Why order through .ie and not ovh.com/us? I've never had a VAT issue

• Took me couple days to solve the issue. This is fairly low priority -- they will eventually refund whatever you've overpaid, so no need to rush.

• @doughmanes said:
    Why order through .ie and not ovh.com/us? I've never had a VAT issue

Discount usually does not apply to us site. Eg., the discounted KS-3C.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • sinsin Member
    edited February 2017

I ordered a SYS server last month and applied for VAT exemption (I'm in the US). I sent my government id and proof of address to the validation email address for OVH.ie (they didn't ask I just sent it) and I received an email about 2 weeks later saying they applied it and that I would receive a refund for past purchases that I had paid VAT on and sure enough I got a paypal refund a few days later. They never did reply to the support ticket I opened about it (after 3 weeks of waiting I just closed the ticket), just the email I had sent.

It's interesting because when I purchased a Kimsufi server from IE, VAT was automatically removed right before payment but it didn't do that for SYS.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited February 2017

@doughmanes said:
    Why order through .ie and not ovh.com/us? I've never had a VAT issue

I always try and order from the US site when I can, their CA support is AMAZING and replies THE SAME DAY, I submit a ticket and then later that night it's replied to, it's wonderful and I love it.

OVH.ie is different, it takes days sometimes for me to get tickets answered there, idk what it is or if their Ireland office is understaffed but I just wish I could get the same as I do from the US/Canada support, even their UK support is fast and replies same day in UK time but they require you to have to have an address in the UK in order to use their site so that sucks. It's not just billing inquiries that take days with OVH.ie support it's other things as well. Overall their Canada/US support is so much better, I wish they could unify that across all their offices and locations.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited February 2017

and OVH.ie fixed my VAT issue, the ticket wasn't replied to but now whenever I try and order something it no longer shows any VAT.

I mainly use the OVH.ie for services they don't offer on the US/Canada site, but as mentioned earlier support takes way longer than their Canada/US and UK counterparts

• ethancedrik said: but as mentioned earlier support takes way longer than their Canada/US and UK counterparts

Yeah OVH.ie is absolutely terrible when it comes to support wait times.