Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET turning into WHT! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET turning into WHT!

Comments

• nunimnunim Member
    edited May 2013
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Let me put it in perspective then.

I am the guy who came in here on my weekend and read through all your recent posts. I noted all the stuff you were complaining about and started fixing them.

Can't start new threads? Ah I see what's wrong, fixed.
    Can't create new accounts? Looks like Confirm Email was not configured. Fixed.
    No quoting? Enabled.
    "ugly" basic theme? Making tweaks.
    Plain text input? Here, have BBCode and a button bar.

I turn on Warnings and test them and receive a shitstorm. Yeah, I'm going to be short with you. Deal with it.

Well, this is your job isn't it..? Do you want a cookie? nom nom
  • MunMun Member
    nunim wrote: »

I am the guy who came in here on my weekend and read through all your recent posts. I noted all the stuff you were complaining about and started fixing them.

No quoting? Enabled.

I turn on Warnings and test them and receive a shitstorm. Yeah, I'm going to be short with you. Deal with it.

Well, this is your job isn't it..? Do you want a cookie? nom nom

Do you have a job? As such when you do something and get it all done should someone say thank you, or is that too wrong.

He is doing a great job so thank you @icyliquid.
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    How much you are being paid @IcyLiquid?
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    FtpIt_Radi wrote: »
    How much you are being paid @IcyLiquid?

Don't think that should concern you.

• CoreyCorey Member
    i think warning points are a good thing, makes it more fair than just being straight up banned.
  • NoermanNoerman Member
    @IcyLiquid is from vanillaforums.com, he is really under pressure because we all want the old LET back.
    So guys let give him some LET drama .... (we have many of them) so he might be entertained.
  • nerouxneroux Member
    edited May 2013
    Ah relax, I'm installing plugins and making sure they work.
    You naturally need to test code/features you are adding or enabling, but this does not need to happen on live accounts.

No quoting? Enabled.
    I dont know whether you are paid for that or whether you offer your time for free. In the latter case it is for sure quite honourable but still not an excuse to use live accounts as test dummies. Especially not with a comment as the given one. Even if you had to use a live account you could have used something like "sorry, this is just a test warning".

Now I am sorry but this is a totally inappropriate response, in particular from a staff member.
  • @IcyLiquid if you're an admin working on things you can always turn on warning, create test accounts, try it and delete it. Shouldn't be touching production systems with production users and not giving people a heads up.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member
    LET is going to a shit hole.
  • unusedunused Member
    gsrdgrdghd wrote: »
    @IcyLiquid are you aware of the community's attitude towards the company that currently owns LET?

I'm starting to. I'd really rather not be involved in that, all I'm trying to do is get this forum working properly again.

Tim, on a side note - thanks for coming in and getting involved to make sure the Vanilla is running smoothly. It's not clear if some of the newer vulnerabilities are specific to LET config/environment or your software, but the fact that you engaged so quickly is definitely going above and beyond.

I sure hope CC is paying you well for your time. Ignore the dysfunctional numpties / comments and keep on plumbing...
  • Who gave people permission to start 'test bedding' us? Isnt that what beta subdomains is for? I can't recall any notification that people would be using us like fucking hamsters to see if warning systems work, we've done well without that system for years, why bring it in now? New LET looks too shiny, bring back old boring green tyvm.
  • I don`t like this new theme or the new functions. Over and out im gone.
  • eastoncheastonch Member
    edited May 2013
    Makkesk8 wrote: »
    I don`t like this new theme or the new functions. Over and out im gone.

Most kinks are being worked out, siggys are fixed with HTML/BB Code, so that's pretty cool, right?

@IcyLiquid looks dedicated to turning this around, although I don't agree with being a test bed community at this time, LET feels a bit displaced at the moment.

Pretty sure it will all be good shortly.
    Corey wrote: »
    i think warning points are a good thing, makes it more fair than just being straight up banned.

You're asking for a community that's going to be eventually, moderated beyond belief, we have suspensions and messages which prove much more effective than having warning points thrown around.
  • CoreyCorey Member
    Makkesk8 wrote: »
    I don`t like this new theme or the new functions. Over and out im gone.

What's not to like about it?
  • Ugh i hate this theme
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member
    Here's a thought, put the LET forums into two seperate subdomains. One directs to the old theme, but with live posts/submissions, and another with the new theme with live posts/submissions with newly added features, meant for testing purposes. Then after three months or so when everyone gets used to the two domains, transfer over the new theme and remove the old one, Viola!
  • unusedunused Member
    They've said they are bringing back the old theme.
  • CoreyCorey Member
    unused wrote: »
    They've said they are bringing back the old theme.

That sucks.
  • BK_BK_ Member
    Not trying to complain, but I can barely stay on LET for >5 minutes before my eyes start killing me, so I'm looking forward to the change.
  • CoreyCorey Member
    BK_ wrote: »
    Not trying to complain, but I can barely stay on LET for >5 minutes before my eyes start killing me, so I'm looking forward to the change.

Agreed there is some work that can be done but the old LET look is not the best look ever. I like the direction and potential for this theme.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    The shitty Twitter header or whatever they call it these days needs to be changed to green. Then I will be happy. The site actually loads fast from my connection.
  • Ooh. Now there are "Agree" and "Disagree" buttons.
  • DavidxDavidx Member
    Looks like the Vanilla team is quite unprofessional & looks like they have holes up the kazoo & in order to patch they need a large rat base. Hello folks! @_@
  • retryretry Member
    edited May 2013
    Damn it!
  • retryretry Member
    edited May 2013
    Ohhh this is bad
  • DavidxDavidx Member
    edited May 2013
    bacon
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    Did somebody say... "DRAMA"?!
  • support123support123 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nick_A wrote: »
    Did somebody say... "DRAMA"?!

:D drama again!!
  • rds100rds100 Member
    Doh, LET has been down for a few days, now it's back and is the same shit. Calm down, people :) You don't want to die from a heart stroke before you turn 40.
  • upfreakupfreak Member
    its drama time again..