Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purchasing Owned Branded/UnBranded WHMCS Licence (2017)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Purchasing Owned Branded/UnBranded WHMCS Licence (2017)

MetallicGlossMetallicGloss Member, Host Rep

Hello.

Would it be at all possible to enquire if there is anyone who currently owns a Branded or UnBranded WHMCS licence and would be willing to sell it? If so, how much are you looking for it?

After contacting WHMCS about purchasing it, they are very rigid with the fact that they no longer sell owned licences, however, are willing to move a licence still if I were to find a seller.

If anyone has one and wishes to sell it, or knows someone who does could you get in touch with me?

Thank you!

Comments

• MetallicGlossMetallicGloss Member, Host Rep

An update for anyone also looking for this, I have been unable to find a seller still and have resorted to just purchasing from a reseller which still offer the cheaper licence.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MetallicGloss said:
    An update for anyone also looking for this, I have been unable to find a seller still and have resorted to just purchasing from a reseller which still offer the cheaper licence.

How so? An owned license?

@MikePT said:

If only! No, I just went back to purchasing a monthly licence from a reseller, due to the fact that the old licence styles still are cheaper than even the main plan directly from WHMCS and don't get more expensive with more customers.

@MetallicGloss said:

@MikePT said:

If only! No, I just went back to purchasing a monthly licence from a reseller, due to the fact that the old licence styles still are cheaper than even the main plan directly from WHMCS and don't get more expensive with more customers.

Ahh got it. But then you need to use the given license with the reseller.
    Resellers can only resell those if they are used in their network, so be careful with that.

@MikePT said:
    Resellers can only resell those if they are used in their network, so be careful with that.

That is what I thought, that resellers could only provide the licence within their own network, however, a large organisation called HostDime is authorised to provide external licences by WHMCS (I haven't seen many other companies authorised to do this)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You can look on extralicense.com

edited June 2017

@MetallicGloss said:

@MikePT said:

That is what I thought, that resellers could only provide the licence within their own network, however, a large organisation called HostDime is authorised to provide external licences by WHMCS (I haven't seen many other companies authorised to do this)

No, they certainly are not. I don't believe WHMCS would open such exception. Even hostgator one of their largest clients do not allow external license usage.

@MikePT said:

No, they certainly are not. I don't believe they would open such exception. Even hostgator one of their largest clients do not allow external license usage.

They seem to be, they generate you an account with WHMCS and assign you a reseller licence which you are then free to licence to your system, however, payments & suspensions are all processed through HostDime. After contacting WHMCS support on multiple occasions they are more than aware that I have an external licence and are happy to serve me like a normal customer, just with a reseller licence managed through HostDime.

Not sure the technicals behind it but HostDime are large too and own multiple datacentres. If anything sketchy happens with the licence ill be sure to reply back here too.

@raindog308 said:

I haven't even heard of this company! I also see that they actually have a licence being sold at the minute, ill check it out!

@MetallicGloss said:

@MikePT said:

No, they certainly are not. I don't believe they would open such exception. Even hostgator one of their largest clients do not allow external license usage.

They seem to be, they generate you an account with WHMCS and assign you a reseller licence which you are then free to licence to your system, however, payments & suspensions are all processed through HostDime. After contacting WHMCS support on multiple occasions they are more than aware that I have an external licence and are happy to serve me like a normal customer, just with a reseller licence managed through HostDime.

Not sure the technicals behind it but HostDime are large too and own multiple datacentres. If anything sketchy happens with the licence ill be sure to reply back here too.

@raindog308 said:

I haven't even heard of this company! I also see that they actually have a licence being sold at the minute, ill check it out!

Sounds... Weird. I'll investigate as I am interested on a license myself for our design company.
    Cheers!

@MikePT said:

Sounds... Weird. I'll investigate as I am interested on a license myself for our design company.
    Cheers!

No worries! Best of luck with your search, the link that @raindog308 listed seems to be promising!

@MetallicGloss said:

@MikePT said:

Cheers!

No worries! Best of luck with your search, the link that @raindog308 listed seems to be promising!

But do you have any existing service with Hostdime or only the license?

@MikePT said:

Just the licence. :) http://www.hostdime.co.uk/services/software/

edited June 2017

@MetallicGloss said:

@MikePT said:

Just went to their live chat and they said that I would need to be an existing client, with any other active service in order to be able to order a license. They have also confirmed that the WHMCS license can be used externally.

Something smells bad here... :)

• vovlervovler Member

@MikePT said:

@MetallicGloss said:

@MikePT said:

Just went to their live chat and they said that I would need to be an existing client, with any other active service in order to be able to order a license. They have also confirmed that the WHMCS license can be used externally.

Same here. I talked to Jose from support. He also said that there are no price change notices...

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

How much are you willing to pay for an owned license?

@vovler said:

@MikePT said:

@MetallicGloss said:

@MikePT said:

Same here. I talked to Jose from support. He also said that there are no price change notices...

Same guy who responded to me. He also mentioned that clients need to have an active service to order WHMCS so there is definitely something wrong in this topic.

I'm going to leave the topic of HostDime & reseller licences due to the fact that wasn't what this thread was intended for.

@leapswitch said:

We are ideally looking for a licence between 250-300 as that is 2 years worth of leased licence cost.

• cociucociu Member

MetallicGloss said: We are ideally looking for a licence between 250-300 as that is 2 years worth of leased licence cost.

i just buy 2 license in the last 2 month each 450 dollars , the people is not stupid to sell cheap in this moments , so hard to find in this budget i think.

@cociu said:
    i just buy 2 license in the last 2 month each 450 dollars , the people is not stupid to sell cheap in this moments , so hard to find in this budget i think.

Yeah, I currently can't see the point spending 3-4 years worth of leased licence on a purchased licence at the current time. :)

• cociucociu Member

MetallicGloss said: Yeah, I currently can't see the point spending 3-4 years worth of leased licence on a purchased licence at the current time. :)

so you are under 250 clients in this case.

edited July 2017

@cociu said:

so you are under 250 clients in this case.

^^ Nope, if you read the past few messages the thread when it went off on a tangent, I currently purchase a reseller licence as it is still very cheap and doesn't get more expensive when you have more customers.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@MetallicGloss said:
    I'm going to leave the topic of HostDime & reseller licences due to the fact that wasn't what this thread was intended for.

@leapswitch said:

We are ideally looking for a licence between 250-300 as that is 2 years worth of leased licence cost.

That won't happen.

@MetallicGloss said:

@cociu said:

Yeah, I currently can't see the point spending 3-4 years worth of leased licence on a purchased licence at the current time. :)

The price will only go up. It'll be $1000 before long. Already they're >$500.

@raindog308 said:

The price will only go up. It'll be $1000 before long. Already they're >$500.

What is the AVERAGE price currently for licences currently being sold? 450-600?
    If they are to increase in value then it may be worth going a little higher.

• cociucociu Member

raindog308 said: The price will only go up. It'll be $1000 before long. Already they're >$500.

eaven more in my vision , is a good solution for a hosting business, also verry cheap montly price still. What is 40 dollars for a company with +1000 clients ?

• WHTWHT Member

@cociu said:

raindog308 said: The price will only go up. It'll be $1000 before long. Already they're >$500.

eaven more in my vision , is a good solution for a hosting business, also verry cheap montly price still. What is 40 dollars for a company with +1000 clients ?

You forgot thaz europeans pays +20% so its $575 per year or $1.150 for two years. $450 is a great deal you have made. I wont give mines unser 1k.

How much is the AVERAGE licence price currently? 450-600?

• WHTWHT Member

@MetallicGloss said:
    How much is the AVERAGE licence price currently? 450-600?

Hard to find. There are many scammers around so that makes it even harder.

MetallicGloss said: I'm going to leave the topic of HostDime & reseller licences due to the fact that wasn't what this thread was intended for.

Sure thing. It's just that I was, actually still am interested, but they said it's not possible to order one without other active service. Also, you mentioned and they have too, it can be used externally, not within their network which is against WHMCS reseller policy.

Was purely a question, as I am interested, WHMCS license for 10 bucks is pretty good.

@MikePT said:

Sure thing. It's just that I was, actually still am interested, but they said it's not possible to order one without other active service. Also, you mentioned and they have too, it can be used externally, not within their network which is against WHMCS reseller policy.

Was purely a question, as I am interested, WHMCS license for 10 bucks is pretty good.

Yeah. :)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

I have a license for sale, send me a PM.