Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cpanel addon domains problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel addon domains problem

yektayekta Member
edited February 2017 in Help

I have a cpanel shared hosting. My first domain at registration is first.com (just an example). Then from [ cpanel -- domains -- addon domains ] I created second.com and third.com. In the options and dropdown lists at several places it lists as:

first.com
second.com
third.com
second.first.com
third.first.com

the last 2 items in the list( second.first.com and third.first.com ) must not exist; I didn't created them, however cpanel lists them.

Did I something wrong while creating subdomains or it is just a bug in cpanel or wrong settings?

It doesn't effect anything; but I have 7 domains, it is cluttering.

Btw, I have just created domains in cpanel, and installed wordpress to them. I mean they have no content; if there is any way to get rid of this subdomain thing, even by deleting everything and restarting, I am ready to do.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

This is how cPanel does it by default. I don't use cPanel much, but maybe change the web directory of the domains when you add them so they're not inside the first domains public directory?

Thanked by 1yekta