Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no pre-valentine offer? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

no pre-valentine offer?

Comments

• smadav84smadav84 Member
    edited February 2017

@Radi order number : 6938981741 maxmind error. i use real information why still get maxmind error may i can get this free love offer :(

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited February 2017

My love was marked as Fraud ;-(

Trust me, I will not cheat you :-P

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • ragtop4ragtop4 Member
    edited February 2017

@Radi said:
    @quick Sending some love your way. :)

but is it recurring?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@ragtop4 Once we fall in love with you, we will love you forever. :D

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

damn you're tricking me into a new VPS relationship

luckily my love has been marked as fraud as well (I think there's something wrong in your maxmind anyway @Radi , I was using a clean residential ip coherent with the inserted address)

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited February 2017

@Radi I feel lonely. So, I just ordered some love.

Your Order Number is: 3821188629

Edit - Got it, thanks!

@mfs It is not wrong. It is just that its heart was broken once by a naughty guy and now it hardly trusts anyone.

On a serious note: I'll look into it.

• Order Number: 6191793094 was marked as Fraud the same, but my love will be go on.

• cociu said: i will try tumorrow to reproduct this ! so if some vps will be down you need to understand we are hot !

So, not only the disks will be hard then! :)

• You can get 33% off our Shared Hosting and OpenVZ & KVM individual instances and resource pools with VALENTINE17 .

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • It's a trap! :O :D

Thanked by 1tridinebandim

@BBTN:

Don't spoil it :D

• bersybersy Member
    edited February 2017

deleted

edited February 2017

• bersybersy Member
    edited February 2017

@Radi thx

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Eventually I got sum love as well <3

• The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms

• @quadhost said:
    You can get 33% off our Shared Hosting and OpenVZ & KVM individual instances and resource pools with VALENTINE17 .

Just one-time discount? :(

• @daman said:

@quadhost said:
    You can get 33% off our Shared Hosting and OpenVZ & KVM individual instances and resource pools with VALENTINE17 .

Just one-time discount? :(

It's a recurring discount.

tenpera said: The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms

On our site? Which product?

• @quadhost not yours.

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • @BBTN said:

@WSS said:
    No kissing, OK? Atoms aren't worth that! (Also I have a half dozen VPS right now that should hold me pretty well. The whole problem with those lower end Atoms is they're so close to being useful, but just kind of fail. For <$10, welp.. worth it mostly. :)

You tell me. - It's paid until 03/03/17, come and get it.
    VN doesn't deserve to be without you! :D

I would love to, but I've not got the cash to do so right now, and I don't want to give them any more "short term" use, because it's a waste of their resources. Unless I can commit to at least 6 months, I'd rather do a no-manual-intervention-required VPS. Thanks much, though!

Thanked by 1arda
  • You're all my valentine and here's my gift. Our special 6GB SSD for $21/yr in LA. Limited stock.

https://www.tragicservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=191

Thanked by 2bersy saf31
  • @tragic said:
    You're all my valentine and here's my gift. Our special 6GB SSD for $21/yr in LA. Limited stock.

Storage size?

• @teamacc said:

@tragic said:
    You're all my valentine and here's my gift. Our special 6GB SSD for $21/yr in LA. Limited stock.

Storage size?

25GB

Roilan

Thanked by 1willie
  • williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

It's tempting. Never had a high-ram lowend vps before. Anyone used one? The SSD helps a lot too. Resisting mostly because I don't know what to do with it. The OVH VPS-SSD black friday special has 2GB ram which is all I need. Just wish it had more SSD space like this.

• @willie said:
    It's tempting. Never had a high-ram lowend vps before. Anyone used one? The SSD helps a lot too. Resisting mostly because I don't know what to do with it. The OVH VPS-SSD black friday special has 2GB ram which is all I need. Just wish it had more SSD space like this.

That's really it's only downfall is the SSD space. I have a 6G unit with Tragic, and actually I tend to use it for small resource stuff, like compiling tools for my Deb7/Wheezy hosts. They're also quite capable as a delayed DB backup (I wouldn't run it realtime on a busy site, though).

$ wget x86.ca/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5620  @ 2.40GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2400.017 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 6144 MB
    Total amount of swap : 256 MB
    System uptime :   51 days, 3:55,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 91.3MB/s 
    Download speed from OVH, Beauharnois, Canada: 39.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Atlantic.NET, Toronto, Canada: 80.7MB/s 
    Download speed from ColoCrossing, Chicago, USA: 107MB/s 
    Download speed from Choopa, Piscataway, USA: 68.0MB/s 
    Download speed from Dacentec, Lenoir, USA: 63.6MB/s 
    Download speed from Atlanta (10Gbps pipe), USA: 50.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Wholesale internet, Kansas City, USA: 9.96MB/s 

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Database backup sounds like a good use. I don't currently have any online db's large enough to need it, but maybe someday. For stuff like long-running software builds I generally use a dedi. That tends to want more cpu than ram anyway. I like those inbound network speeds, would like to see outbound ones. And it looks like Tragic's storage plan is still available:

https://www.tragicservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=190

$50/year for a 500GB RAID KVM is about as good I've seen in US hosting. I have some cheaper storage but it's all in EU.

• I have a single prepaid dedi left- and it's running my important stuff (too small to bother KVM/etc). Just renice the build and make with only one thread, and you won't even be noticed. :)

The script hung there, and I got bored waiting for it to return.

• Scaleway has 8 core Atom dedis with 16gb of ram for 4 cents an hour... :). Or if you just need to burn some computation cycles for stuff like software builds now and then, I'm sure I can spare some.

I hadn't thought of renicing as an ok way to do large computations on a VPS. That's good to know.

• @willie said:
    Scaleway has 8 core Atom dedis with 16gb of ram for 4 cents an hour... :). Or if you just need to burn some computation cycles for stuff like software builds now and then, I'm sure I can spare some.

Cheers! I have an I7 laptop with a broken screen that I'm going to KVM up to handle all of my build/etc necessities locally (one of these years).

@willie said:
    I hadn't thought of renicing as an ok way to do large computations on a VPS. That's good to know.

It's not going to be fast, but you won't abuse resources if you set it right. :)