Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Dedicated - Game Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK Dedicated - Game Server

Good Afternoon,

I run a reasonably large gaming community for Counter Strike Global Offensive, to date over 500,000 players have played on our servers and we have 24 servers situated around the world.

I currently have a dedicated box in France with Online.NET, 1 in Atlanta and one in Buffalo. We already have some game servers in the UK which we rent from one of our partners. I am looking to increase our UK server base by hosting to begin with an additional 3 servers in the UK location... hense why i am here.

Ideally i'm looking for the following:

i3 or i5, or best single core performance CPU.
4-8GB Ram
1Gbps / 1TB Bandwidth
Ddos Protected a plus
Budget $20

I look forward to your replies :)

Thanks

Comments

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

@Zare or @Clouvider might help you on this...

Thanked by 2Clouvider Zare
  • unknownbullet said: Budget $20

I think you'll need to increase your budget for something with that spec in the UK.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @quadhost said:

unknownbullet said: Budget $20

I think you'll need to increase your budget for something with that spec in the UK.

Budget is can be scaled accordingly if required.

• @zare are you able to assist?

• It's unlikely that any provider in the UK would be willing to do a dedicated for that price. Triple your budget.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @unknownbullet said:

@quadhost said:

unknownbullet said: Budget $20

Budget is can be scaled accordingly if required.

For example, you can find our UK dedicated server pricing here.

• @unknownbullet said:
    Good Afternoon,

I run a reasonably large gaming community for Counter Strike Global Offensive, to date over 500,000 players have played on our servers and we have 24 servers situated around the world.

I currently have a dedicated box in France with Online.NET, 1 in Atlanta and one in Buffalo. We already have some game servers in the UK which we rent from one of our partners. I am looking to increase our UK server base by hosting to begin with an additional 3 servers in the UK location... hense why i am here.

4-8GB Ram
    1Gbps / 1TB Bandwidth
    Ddos Protected a plus
    Budget $20

Thanks

Is your gaming community "KG" by chance?

• No we are not KG.

@Ympker said:

@unknownbullet said:
    Good Afternoon,

4-8GB Ram
    1Gbps / 1TB Bandwidth
    Ddos Protected a plus
    Budget $20

Thanks

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @unknownbullet said:
    No we are not KG.

@Ympker said:

@unknownbullet said:
    Good Afternoon,

4-8GB Ram
    1Gbps / 1TB Bandwidth
    Ddos Protected a plus
    Budget $20

Thanks

Ah xD Well as I am with them I thought you might just be from KG too. Now only offspring communities from kg come to mind (forgot the names though) or the one from Eresea.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If you want a top notch DDOS protected network, use @clouvider you can test the network here if you want: http://lg1.inceptionhosting.com

But you know $20 is ridiculous for a dedicated server in the UK, that probably just about covers the power bill, your host deserves to make profit so they can eat and deal with yoru support tickets at 2am :)

I will assume your happy to triple the budget as if you want anything decent you will have to anyway.

Anyone in the UK that offers you a DDOS protected server with a power hungry CPU for $20 is going to close down soon so please let us know who they are so we can all avoid them.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    If you want a top notch DDOS protected network, use @clouvider you can test the network here if you want: http://lg1.inceptionhosting.com

But you know $20 is ridiculous for a dedicated server in the UK, that probably just about covers the power bill, your host deserves to make profit so they can eat and deal with yoru support tickets at 2am :)

I will assume your happy to triple the budget as if you want anything decent you will have to anyway.

Anyone in the UK that offers you a DDOS protected server with a power hungry CPU for $20 is going to close down soon so please let us know who they are so we can all avoid them.

I do yes, i can easily up the cost but the idea of low end to try an find the best deal possible.

Budget wise i can do £30/m. I already have dedicated servers in France and Atlanta as previously stated, i was also looking and hoping some sort of company would apply a discount for a banner on our MOTD page which receives 130,000 views every 5-6 days.

edited February 2017

unknownbullet said: Budget wise i can do £30/m. I already have dedicated servers in France and Atlanta as previously stated

Means nothing, the UK is significantly more expensive, for what your looking for expect closer to £45 - £60 range, unless you are happy to accept any old crap and you might get a better price.

• Chap, if you find dem £30/month servers in the U.K., hit me up.

Best deal I ever found in the U.K. was a Dual L5630, 16GB ram and 2TB for £37, and that doesn't include DDoS protection.

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • @Nekki said:
    Chap, if you find dem £30/month servers in the U.K., hit me up.

Best deal I ever found in the U.K. was a Dual L5630, 16GB ram and 2TB for £37, and that doesn't include DDoS protection.

I understand and i thank you all for contributing to the discussion.

What i was hoping for was business to see the opportunity and offer a slight discount to bring it down to around the figure of around £30/m in return for the advertisement. If that isn't feasible then fair enough and i will be happy to just try and find the best offer we can find for a dedi in the UK that fits our needs.

I see, makes sense, I guess many hosts may be interested in that if you can show some audit-able, validate-able CTR metrics from your advertising program based on a performance for discount deal.

• Yeah, as others have already stated - Increase the budget.

That said, latency from the UK to nearby countries, FR, DE and NL in particular are fairly low. I know latency with gaming is incredibly important, however if you have a server with direct peering with DE-CIX or AMS-IX, you'll probably only see a 10ms increase compared to a UK server for UK gamer. Sometimes lower, as Virgin Media loves routing things over to Amsterdam.

• @ElliotJ said:
    Yeah, as others have already stated - Increase the budget.

That said, latency from the UK to nearby countries, FR, DE and NL in particular are fairly low. I know latency with gaming is incredibly important, however if you have a server with direct peering with DE-CIX or AMS-IX, you'll probably only see a 10ms increase compared to a UK server for UK gamer. Sometimes lower, as Virgin Media loves routing things over to Amsterdam.

We already have game servers in UK, France, Germany Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark in Europe. I am just looking at ways to increase the amount of servers we have in the UK by purchasing a dedi which will enable us to easily edit the servers we have in that location.

• @unknownbullet said:

@Nekki said:
    Chap, if you find dem £30/month servers in the U.K., hit me up.

I understand and i thank you all for contributing to the discussion.

What i was hoping for was business to see the opportunity and offer a slight discount to bring it down to around the figure of around £30/m in return for the advertisement. If that isn't feasible then fair enough and i will be happy to just try and find the best offer we can find for a dedi in the UK that fits our needs.

Might have been worth mentioning that upfront; here, the vast majority of requests are someone asking for the moon on a stick.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I see, makes sense, I guess many hosts may be interested in that if you can show some audit-able, validate-able CTR metrics from your advertising program based on a performance for discount deal.

I am more then happy to provide any statistics to anyone who may be looking into helping us out.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ElliotJ said:
    Virgin Media loves routing things over to Amsterdam.

We have some premium peering with Liberty Global, owner of VM, so this wouldn't happen with us on normal circumstances :-).

Thanks for recommending @AnthonySmith

• AnthonySmith said: If you want a top notch DDOS protected network, use @clouvider

What protection have @Clouvider got?

I tried @Zare protection and got nulled for an 8Gbit attack.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

Hi @kcaj

The reason it was nulled was because of how long the attack occurred from when the cloud server was deployed. We don't permit stress testing and the attack was very soon after deployment on our smallest cloud server.

We do not usually null on any other occasion.

• The reason given in your panel was "Inbound DDoS Attack - Your cloud server has been repeatedly attacked with a high PPS DDoS attack which is causing network issues"..

@kcaj said:

AnthonySmith said: If you want a top notch DDOS protected network, use @clouvider

What protection have @Clouvider got?

I tried @Zare protection and got nulled for an 8Gbit attack.

http://www.eu.ntt.com/content/dam/nttcom/eu/pdf/resources/brochures/DDoS_Protection_Service_Brochure.pdf

Happy to discuss more via PM.