Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know about configuring Asterisk or have experience of it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone know about configuring Asterisk or have experience of it?

asterisk14asterisk14 Member
edited May 2013 in General

I'm having some difficulty setting it up. If anyone can have a quick look and see if they can help? I can't call out at all, the dialplan is missing something. I'll give you full access to the Asterisk GUI!

Comments

• quddusquddus Member

May be I can help
    What is the issue

• @quddus I've set up 1 trunk, 1 extension to keep it simple. I've added a dialling out rule but I've messed up somewhere and it doesn't dial out. In the log it says
    May 13 15:50:19] WARNING[741] app_system.c: Unable to execute 'dahdi_scan > /etc/asterisk/dahdi_scan.conf'
    [May 13 15:50:31] NOTICE[659] chan_sip.c: Call from '6000' to extension '0800890011' rejected because extension not found.

It should dial the 0800890011 straight out without any modification, but doesn't.

I can give you access to the GUI admin name and password. maybe you can have a quick look?

• quddusquddus Member

To me it looks like that you don't have a route to the number you are dialing.
    You may need to double check your outbound route which should facilitate the extension to dial.
    Which asterisk server r u using ?

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2013

@quddus it's asterisk 1.4.21.2, it pretty old. I can't figure it out! feel free to tinker with it!

• svgnamysvgnamy Member

so you want to use vanilla asterisk? how about pbxinaflash or elastix. Those are two things that help with configuration

edited May 2013

@svgnamy I've tried to use trixbox but had some problems with it so went for asterisk with the digium gui, but i'm having trouble (the same trouble that I had with trixbox) configuring the incoming and outgoing routing. I can run asterisk with this GUI in 35-50MB of RAM. Trixbox took up around 90-110MB. Elastix and PIAF will take up even more and I don't think there is much benefit in it. The config is the same in those, so I'd have the same problems. I was having this problem with Trixbox, plus Trixbox is very unsecure I found out.

If you know about how to do the setup, I'd be grateful for any help

Screenshot
    screen capture windows 7

• svgnamysvgnamy Member

'0800890011'
    is that an extension you have on your system?

edited May 2013

@sygnamy - no, i have an extension (user) 6000. I'm in the UK and 0800890011 is a free number that I call to test that outgoing calls are working. When I dial 0800890011 via my extension 6000, it should dial out via the trunk localphone. Incoming calls should come in on the sipgate incoming number and ring extension 6000 when a call comes in.

I just can't figure out why it's not working. It's to do with the dialplan (i think looking at the logs) but I just don't understand where I'm doing wrong.

• The incoming number is 0044 1422 897526 and sipgate shows the line as registered. Localphone shows it as registered also. So the problem is the dialplan

• svgnamysvgnamy Member

if you pick up extension 6000, can you call 411 or other numbers within the pbx? for instance can you dial another extension? if inter extension calling is working, that's one thing that you don't have to think about.

• svgnamysvgnamy Member

try this:

The problem was that the owner of extensions.conf was not the asterisk user

sudo chown asterisk /etc/extensions.conf

do you know how to do that?
    that should be done on the command line

• no i haven't done that but let me ket my computer, the other one, i'm running live linux on this one!

• svgnamysvgnamy Member

or this:

I changed this line

context=trunk_monitor to context=from-trunk

and now the call is redirected to IVR-->QUEUE

• i can probably do that in SCP, that's what i normally use to edit and transfer files

• i'm just booting up, i'll see if it works

• calling out to 080089001 does not work...

• thanks for you help. i'll keep trying.. i've followed loads of tutorials and according to them it should work.. but it doesn't

• blergh_blergh_ Member

I'd probably just use Elastix, it's easier.

• dot_txtdot_txt Member

Shoot me a pm. I can take a look.