Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Emails per hour / Question to other hosts who provide shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Emails per hour / Question to other hosts who provide shared hosting

24khost24khost Member
edited May 2013 in General

Do you limit the number of emails that accounts are able to send per hour? If so what is your limit?

Do you think that 100 emails per hour is too low?

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I limit to 300mails/hour purely because i target the low end hosting market so sometimes get abusers. If someone has good reason to get the limit removed i so remove it but.

• seriesnseriesn Member

Used to do 10 emails per hour on free hosting project and 75/hour on paid, which can always be adjusted if client requests and justifies.

• tommytommy Member

I usually limit to 200 mail/hour

• i have some accounts with 900 mails per hour, because are many domains, but normally they use 400-500 pero hour.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I do 100, but of course a client can open a ticket and if they have a legit reason it's fine to increase it for them.

• upfreakupfreak Member

@shovenose said: legit reason

I am a Nigerian prince and I feel generous...

• 200/hour for non-profit based hosting

• PaulPaul Member

@seriesn said: 75/hour on paid

On the subject, what paid mass mailing servers/services did you use?

The company where I'm hosting my forum right now has a very strict limit.

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Paul I was talking about what we used to offer to end users on a basic Cpanel based shared hosting.

If you need mass mailing, I will strongly recomend MandrillApp.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited May 2013

@Paul said: On the subject, what paid mass mailing servers/services did you use?

The company where I'm hosting my forum right now has a very strict limit.

Depending on how many messages you send, Mandrill or Sendgrid might be your best options. Mandrill is cheaper for a smaller number of messages, since the first 12,000/month are free, but Sendgrid (200 free/day) is cheaper if you send a lot.

http://mandrill.com/pricing/

http://sendgrid.com/pricing/lite_plan.html

If you're sending a lot of messages (more than a few thousand a day) then you might want to look at Amazon Simple Email Service since the starting limits are higher.

• PaulPaul Member

@seriesn said: I will strongly recomend MandrillApp

@Dylan said: Mandrill or Sendgridmigh

Thanks for the info :)

• tdc_admtdc_adm Member

Anyone knows how to limit with exim on Debian?

• @24khost since I'm moving in that direction just say SMTP dot com and 100 per hour
    But larger hosts do give more ~ 500